• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looking for a restaurant in Manchester.

Started by DagnyTaggart, September 23, 2007, 06:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

DagnyTaggart

I was watching either the travel channel or food network and they mentioned a must see restaurant in Manchester, New Hampshire.  I thought I bookmarked the restaurant but I did not.  The restaurant has been around at least for 50 years.  It looked like a stand alone restaurant with red on the outside.  The show mentioned they were famous for their American Chop Suey.  Can anyone figure out the name of the restaurant with these few clues?  I think they may have had blue plate specials but that I am not sure of I am guessing I am remembering that correctly.

Dreepa

Red Arrow Diner.

http://redarrowdiner.com/

(My wife watched the same show... .and we went there in July.)

Insurgent

The Red Arrow rocks! Morey will likely chime in here shortly, as by his own admission eats there at least once a day. If I were closer, I'd probably do the same. Reasonable prices, good food and real diner feel. What else could you ask for? Smoking  :-\

Dreepa

They also serve the kid's meals on a frisbee.  The waitress who was on tv was our server.  Also... they have home made twinkees.

Rosie the Riveter

They have a song too... You can hear it in the background of this Washington Post video.....the red arrow is the most fun in the middle of the night  ;D By the sentiments in this video, I'd better start putting Ron Paul cards in the sugar-dishes when I go.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/07/25/the_diners.html

GCG199

Yes, a nice place to eat and about the only place left in Manchester that is 24-hour.

frisco

Quote from: Insurgent on September 23, 2007, 06:59 PM NHFT
The Red Arrow rocks! Morey will likely chime in here shortly, as by his own admission eats there at least once a day. If I were closer, I'd probably do the same. Reasonable prices, good food and real diner feel. What else could you ask for? Smoking  :-\

Guilty as charged.  The Dead Sparrow is my second home.  I highly recommend the Turkey San or some variation, such as the Monte Cristo.  They use an actual roast turkey, as opposed to prepackaged deli slices. 

Russell Kanning

Insurgent

Oh, and if you're looking for the restroom, you have to go through the kitchen!  :) (seriously)

Quantrill

Great food and cheap prices.  Even I can afford to eat there! 

Mark

I basically lived in Manchester on weekends for a few years when I was dating my wife, but we never went to the Red Arrow. Caesario's around the corner is good, too.

beretta92d

man,i haven't been to the arrow in some time now...(like 5yrs ):-[

when my father used to work there back when i was in elementary school,i'd hang out there after school till my father would get out of work.