• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Range Building at Little Minnesota

Started by Ron Helwig, September 24, 2007, 10:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Ron Helwig on October 21, 2007, 09:40 PM NHFT

I'm frakkin wiped though - not as young as I used to be  :)

Frak! I bet BSG looks good on your large television screen.  ;)

Are you still in need of laborers? Which days of the week do you normally work on the range?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: sticky on October 25, 2007, 09:48 AM NHFT
Frak! I bet BSG looks good on your large television screen.  ;)

Are you still in need of laborers? Which days of the week do you normally work on the range?

Well, it would look real good if we could get the Hi-Def version of the Sci-Fi channel. I'm OK with people coming over to watch, especially if they help with the range  ;D

We are working on it pretty much every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday; although I do occasionally take one of those days off and I expect the most people can make it on Sundays. This Sunday I don't expect a lot of people will be coming over before noon due to partying, although it will be OK if they do.

beretta92d

seeing as i sleep from 12pm-8pm (mon through fridays),i'd try to make it out during the week...(but i do have sat an suns off)

not sure about this sun(28th) but next sun (that is if there's still work to be done..)

picaro

J’raxis 270145

I will most likely be out there tomorrow as well.

Ron Helwig

Sounds like today will be a good work day. A little windy, but otherwise good weather. I'll be starting myself in maybe a half-hour.

I talked to Firecracker Joe last night, and if we can get a trailer somewhere, he has a digging machine that we can use some for way cheaper than a rental place. I'm checking with Rich Kahn to see if his trailer is big enough.

Ron Helwig

Had a pretty good work day today. Bender, Picaro, J'raxis, Rex, Bill and Kate all pitched in.
Firecracker Joe took a look and if we can find a trailer that can haul his backhoe then we can use that.

firecracker joe

:o hi ron i had a good time at your range today and when i got home i went right to work on getting that old muffler off and fixing engine cover so soot won't go straight to the air filter and clog it up in no time so as i said i should be ready to start work thurs or fri if you can pay for the muffler .diesel fuel , 2 cases of good grease and transportation about 30 miles . My time is free to dedicate  agood place to target practice and that does include a lifetime membership for me . right? >:D

Ron Helwig

We now have scheduled some digging equipment (Thanks Firecracker Joe!) for very cheap.

We do have to buy some diesel fuel yet, and pay for the equipment hauling, so I added another ChipIn on my site RonHelwig.com in case anyone wants to help with that. The first ChipIn got us enough cash to afford the upgrades needed to get the aforementioned digging equipment ready for use.

Same deal continues: anyone helping with either a day's worth of labor or a donation of at least $40 will earn a lifetime membership to the range.

Ron Helwig

We're already half way to paying for the fuel. Thanks guys!

Heavy equipment work should commence tomorrow afternoon.

Ron Helwig

Firecracker Joe's backhoe kicked some ass today in just an hour or so of work. Tomorrow should see a lot of progress.

The next 4 days are going to be exciting.

Bald Eagle

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Bald Eagle on October 31, 2007, 06:54 PM NHFT
Photos Ron, we want photos!

Why not come over and check it out yourself?  :P
(I was figuring on photos after the backhoe is done)

A few people each of the next 4 days would be helpful.

picaro

I'm off tomorrow.  I can be there then.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: picaro on October 31, 2007, 07:18 PM NHFT
I'm off tomorrow.  I can be there then.

Excellent!

Any good with a chainsaw? Apparently there's a dozen or so trees that need to come down.

I'll be out working by 9 or so.