• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Range Building at Little Minnesota

Started by Ron Helwig, September 24, 2007, 10:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

picaro

It has been a few years... though I still remember where to put the notches.

I'll have some errands to run in the morning.   I'll shoot for 11 AM.

Ron Helwig

Yep, Picaro is pretty good with a chainsaw. We got a bunch done today. The backhoe rocks!

firecracker joe

Ron Helwig

Quote from: jose on November 01, 2007, 06:43 PM NHFT
;)  WHAT ABOUT THE OPERATOR ?  LOL

The operator kicked some serious butt on the rocks, dirt, and stumps. I'm just a bit too tired to think straight tonight.

firecracker joe

by the time were finished little minnnesota will look like big sky montana..........

Ron Helwig

OK, we only have the big digger for 3 more days. So, this Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday will be really good days to come over and help.

With enough help, and a little luck, we can finally have the range operational soon.

There's plenty of jobs needing to be done. All types of workers can be useful.

Ron Helwig

Kat Kanning

dalebert

It's getting tall enough that it almost seems like a makeshift stairway or something is in order. I'm going to try to come Sunday afterall. I have somewhere to be late afternoon though so would it be possible to bring a change of clothes and shower there so I can head str8 to my activity?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on November 09, 2007, 08:12 AM NHFT
It's getting tall enough that it almost seems like a makeshift stairway or something is in order. I'm going to try to come Sunday afterall. I have somewhere to be late afternoon though so would it be possible to bring a change of clothes and shower there so I can head str8 to my activity?

Yes, no problem. The Little Minnesot'Inn has lots of amenities  ;D

Today is also a good day to come help, as well as Sunday.

Ron Helwig

Ron Helwig

Carl is kicking some serious butt with the jackhammer.  8)

If anyone is interested, today would be a fine day to come on over and help. Tomorrow as well.

Ron Helwig

I'll be getting started this morning by around 9.

Yesterday we really attacked the ledge. Just about the time Carl, Anthony, and I were getting exhausted, Bill showed up and got the job done. The ledge has been ground down enough that we can cover it over!

Today we need to:

• cut a few more trees for the main berm
  • put them in place
  • cover over the french drain area
  • haul dirt and rocks
  • maximize the usage of the backhoe
  • and maybe do some testing  >:D

Lloyd Danforth

When you finish with the range, before your neighbors and town make you stop using it, you should sell the place and move to Grafton

Ron Helwig

It was an "interesting" day today.

We had lots of helpers, which was fantabulous!  :wav:

Firecracker Joe got what we really needed the machine for the most finished. However, one of the main struts for the bucket loader broke  :BangHead:

So, it looks like we're back to manual labor on the range. However, we shouldn't need to be moving any big rocks - we just need to move dirt from now on, I believe.