• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anonymous Blogger Attacks the NH Underground!

Started by FTL_Ian, September 26, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MengerFan

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: alaska on September 28, 2007, 05:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: Soundwave on September 27, 2007, 10:33 PM NHFT
The blog... it's... gone!  :o

I clicked the button on top to report it for innapropriate content.

Like eBay, they must pull anything someone bitches about. Ehehehehe.

This is really not the way to deal with criticism. Congratulations on using the same tricks the government uses to silence critics.

Fortunately your karma already sucks hard enough (gee, I wonder why...), so I don't have to break my pattern of never smiting someone for their attitude or actions on this forum.

MengerFan

I certainly do not want to get in a fight with anyone here, particularly on a tangential topic, but I find the claim that MOST cops are not thugs to be quite laughable.

I have met two in my life who were not thugs and they both have since been fired for lack of performance. Pretty much their entire job consists of generating revenue for their employer through tickets and fines levied on innocent people, often through unethical means such as entrapment. Any cop that refuses to engage in that behavior is not going to be able to keep his job. That just accounts for the "honest" cops, and doesn't include those that engage in bribery, planting evidence, verbal abuse, physical intimidation, and just plain beating the crap out of people.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MengerFan on September 28, 2007, 10:51 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 28, 2007, 01:39 AM NHFT
Hey Julia saw your write up in the Keene paper today.  :)

Anyone have a link?
It must be in a paper that doesn't have a decent website.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Soundwave on September 28, 2007, 10:17 AM NHFT

And you'd totally vote for me, right?  ;D

Of course I would.  :)

I thought your responses were well done.

MengerFan

Quote from: Soundwave on September 28, 2007, 12:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: MengerFan on September 28, 2007, 10:51 AM NHFT

Anyone have a link?

http://www.nhelects.com/CityofKeene/Default.asp?CID=20

Very nice. I would recommend that you develop some specific agenda items to list when people ask you "How would you alleviate the increasing tax burden?" Find one or two ridiculous spending items that you think piss alot of people off. Stating that you will look for wasteful things to cut sounds a little like dodging the question and not having done your homework.

Soundwave

This is a little more specific: http://freekeene.com/2007/09/26/julia-miranda-on-taxes/

Oh, and here's what my opponent has to say about taxes:

4. Where should the City look to scale back its spending and take a more conservative approach?

It is crucial that the City tax rate be stable and predictable. This can be achieved by continuing to expand the tax base while focusing on maintaining existing roads, bridges, and buildings rather than developing and constructing new infrastructure.

::)

I will be more specifically naming a few key issues on my papers that I bring door to door.

EthanAllen

QuoteCare to dispute a single fact or statement attributed to DiLorenzo?

Yes, all of those Vanguard Network News posts from your cohorts on their sites are re-posts from Mises and LewRockwell sites making it look like DiLorenzo posted them at VNN.

jsorens

Quote from: Bald Eagle on September 28, 2007, 09:52 AM NHFT

"Jason's the one who showed up here attacking Julia and extremists who aren't "serious freestaters".  That's OK, I guess."

I'm sorry, but saying "expose the cops as the thugs they really are" when you're running for office is just dumb. And more importantly, incorrect. Most cops aren't thugs. No wonder serious Free Staters want to disassociate themselves from the extremists.

I'd hardly characterize that as an "attack," perhaps what Jason thought would be an appropriate constructive criticism, but let's TRY to have thicker skins and be more reasonable and objective.  From his perspective, I can see how he may view what some people do as potentially harmful to themselves and/or the FSP.  He decided to say something at an early point, rather than wait until enough "bad" things happened such as in the case of Sandy re: JP.  Someone trying to criticize JP earlier on may have been viewed as trying to smear him, sow discord, or otherwise "attack" him.

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, Julia & I are cool. She explained, & I think it was a reasonable explanation. I did mean my post as constructive criticism, & I think we should be willing to share constructive criticism with each other. I do think we have to avoid the tendency of talking only to each other and developing an insular mentality that turns off the majority society. On the one hand, loyalty is extremely important, but on the other, so is accountability. If I say something that could be interpreted as advocating revolution or praising drug use or some other silly thing, I hope someone will call me to account on it.

Lex

Quote from: alaska on September 26, 2007, 07:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 26, 2007, 01:05 PM NHFTI would have to agree with Jason here, there are plenty of cops that aren't thugs.
So you're saying that there are cops who DON'T put people in jail when they commit a victimless crime? Or that they just aren't mean about it?

Some cops try to avoid it as much as possible.

Lex

Quote from: alaska on October 05, 2007, 12:34 PM NHFT
They still have to do it. If they object to the occasional occasion, then they should quit. Or they too are guilty.

The more of those cops quit the more they are replaced by much more evil cops. Which is why today a lot of cops are the way they are...

Would you rather have cops that try to avoid victimless crimes or cops that go out of their way to catch folks commiting victimless crimes?

I don't think most of civilization has warmed to the idea of a purely anarcho-capitalist society so we're likely to have cops into the foreseeable future.

d_goddard

Quote from: jsorens on October 08, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT
A Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony Weston. It's a nice little introduction to the rules of logic. Read it, and perhaps some day you will be ready for a rational discussion, rather than this harebrained smear campaign
So... it's useful for discussing with libertarians, but irrelevant when trying to effect political change in the existing context of irrational, emotion-motivated Republicans and Democrats ;)

Caleb

I realize that you were just trying to provide "constructive criticism" Jason, but it's hard to see how the second part of your statement could mean anything other than that you consider Julia to be an "extremist".

Someone told me the other day, "They should make Julia the face of the FSP."  It's hard to think of a better one, actually. It would be hard to meet Julia in person and think of her as an extremist of any sort. She seems to get along with everyone.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Caleb on October 09, 2007, 10:57 PM NHFT
Someone told me the other day, "They should make Julia the face of the FSP."  It's hard to think of a better one, actually. It would be hard to meet Julia in person and think of her as an extremist of any sort. She seems to get along with everyone.

I couldn't agree more.  :love4:

She is stepping quickly outside of her comfort zone and becoming quite the persuasive superactivist! 

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Caleb on October 09, 2007, 10:57 PM NHFT
It would be hard to meet Julia in person and think of her as an extremist of any sort.

I don't know about that as I have never talked politics to her in person but some of the things she writes don't seem "completely mainstream."  On the other hand, I was completely taken by her when met her in person.  Julia seemed so, so sweet.