• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

An Open Letter re: Jim C. Perry

Started by Friday, September 26, 2007, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat K on September 28, 2007, 02:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 28, 2007, 12:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 28, 2007, 10:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 27, 2007, 10:02 AM NHFT
Looks like he took off from the forum here on 2007-09-07. If y'all want to shun him on the forum, single click:
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?action=ignore;u=102
Up to fourteen now...
I'm an old school jp ignorer :)

How old school are you ?
Did you not accept his letters in the mail?
Did you refuse delivery buy the Pony Express?
Did you not take those scroll notes he tried to slip to you?
Or did you refuse the effort of lifting one of those heavy
chipped out stone tablets?

He first ignored him using 'runes'

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 28, 2007, 04:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on September 28, 2007, 02:05 PM NHFT
Looks like he took off from the forum here on 2007-09-07. If y'all want to shun him on the forum, single click:
Up to fourteen now...

How old school are you ?
Did you not accept his letters in the mail?
Did you refuse delivery buy the Pony Express?
Did you not take those scroll notes he tried to slip to you?
Or did you refuse the effort of lifting one of those heavy
chipped out stone tablets?

He first ignored him using 'runes'

;D

Rosie the Riveter

GraniteForge is correct. I am sorry but you may have a legal responsibility to "turn him in" even if you don't want to. Please consult an attorney and you may also need to contact the LP (national) if you are an affiliate or subsidiary.

"A board of directors also has certain legal obligations, known as duties. While the details may vary from state to state, here are some common legal responsibilities for members of non-profit boards:

* Take reasonable care when making decisions for the organization (called "duty of care")
    * Act in the best interest of the organization (called "duty of loyalty")
    * Act in accordance with the organization's mission (called "duty of obedience")
    * Stand aside when there is a conflict of interest (called "recusal")"

the below article is NH specific

http://doj.nh.gov/publications/nameofcharity.html

Rochelle

Spencer

Quote from: Rochelle on September 29, 2007, 04:31 AM NHFT
Up to fourteen now...
Yea, Russell started doing it before it was cool.

Yes, Russell is the "Ignorer," just as W. is the "Decider."  I vastly prefer the "Ignorer."

Michael Fisher

You do not need another reputation system. Such an electronic system is a great danger to privacy. We've already created a ZAP-based system that should work well in situations such as this.

We really need a tuath. Now you know why.

Tuath Bylaws

Purpose

The founders of this tuath have concluded, through the many terrible and treacherous lessons of history, that the only legitimate contract is one entered into absolutely voluntarily by all parties involved.

Each founder of this tuath has agreed that it is only acceptable to live by the Zero Aggression Principle. Further, as we have come to know and trust each other, we have learned the incredible benefits of openly expressing this shared principle between each other.

These likeminded individuals have earned each other's trust, strengthened each other's honorable reputations, amicably resolved conflicts between one another, and voluntarily worked together to help and protect each other in times of need.

We therefore created this tuath, or "community", to enable anyone to express their shared belief in the Zero Aggression Principle, to seek an honorable reputation and politely solve conflicts among friends, and to voluntarily help fellow members in need.

Members

Anyone can sign a member contract, a pledge to all members of the tuath, which must have the signatures of the new member and an existing member as a witness of the pledge. Membership is immediate upon making this pledge.

After this contract is signed by both people it should be sent to the administrator to add to the filing cabinet.

Board

The board, consisting of 3 members, collectively owns the tuath as well as all contracts, records, and property of the tuath. Two board members constitute a majority, and majority decisions are binding on the board and the tuath.

Administrator

The administrator keeps records of member contracts in a filing cabinet and must sign the following contract of confidentiality that will be kept by the board members:

"I pledge to the members of the board to keep all contracts and their contents completely confidential."

The administrator's only duties are:

Member Contracts:
-Add new member contracts to the filing cabinet;
-Replace contracts for members who renew to update their contact information;
-Remove contracts of those who send a signed and witnessed request to leave the tuath;
-Remove contracts of those who are banished by a board of arbitrators of this tuath; and
-Keep the filing cabinet and protect it from any possible threat.

Arbitration Trial Records:
-Manage and protect arbitration trial and judgement records in the filing cabinet.

Arbitration

Initiation:

Arbitration can be initiated to seek restitution for a wrongdoing or to seek banishment of a specific member.

If members cannot amicably solve a conflict between themselves, they are urged to work with other members to mediate the conflict. Rejection of mediation is likely to harm one or both members' reputations.

As a last resort, arbitration can be initiated against any member for a violation of the Zero Aggression Principle. The member convicted must pay each arbitrator at least 5 ounces of silver for each day of their attendance at the trial.

After the administrator receives a signed, witnessed request to start arbitration, the trial begins. Using a random number generator, he selects five arbitrators to oversee the trial. Arbitrators are sought until five members agree to the task.

The board can simplify arbitrator selection by separating the tuath into chapters, if desired.

No member, prosecution or defense, may seek new arbitrators for his trial, though he can always ask an arbitrator to recuse himself from the trial for good reason. Arbitrators may leave a trial at will and carry no obligations.

Trial:

Both members and all arbitrators should attend the trial, though a trial can be held without one of the two members in the case. Arbitrators determine the rules, procedures, schedule, burden of proof, and judgements of the trial, as well as the restitution and trial fees owed by either party.

Restitution Judgements:

Corporal punishment is not allowed under these bylaws.

All five arbitrators must agree unanimously on all decisions or the prosecution will fail. Restitution judgements against each member are created in the form of a document listing the complaint, decision, restitution amounts, and a pledge signed by all arbitrators verifying their unanimous agreement.

Restitution judgements for a victim of aggression may be sold, in part or in full, to any other member for any price by signing an agreement to that effect. A member may do this to avoid the pain of collection.

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

If JP can be a gay-mennonite-jew ... then I guess I can be the "Ignorer".
I didn't go back to tablets, but I do have to ignore each of his new personalities online. I just delete his spam political emails about the LP or Ron Paul.

Friday

Last night Jim made contact with me for the first time in months... not to make arrangements to repay any of the money owed, or just to apologize, but to say that he has received three threats of physical force about this.  He requests that the threats of physical force/death threats (direct quote) stop.  So... exerting Herculean strength to not insert an emoticon right about now...

I would appreciate it if no one would threaten Jim with physical force up to and including death over this incident.  I figure that no one person could have been ripped off more than, say, 20 dollars from buying raffle tickets?  That hardly seems worth a death threat.  Also, it probably just gives him an excuse to feel victimized, rather than guilty.  So please knock it off.  Thanks.

Tom Sawyer

If I remember correctly he threatened to sue people for revealing his behavior in the past.

Perhaps his reporting of the "threats" is a ploy to make him look like the victim.

Friday

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 30, 2007, 09:39 AM NHFT
If I remember correctly he threatened to sue people for revealing his behavior in the past.

Thanks for the info.  Another thing of which I was not aware. 
:coffee:

CNHT

I assume from what I read here and elsewhere that Jim owes much more than $20 to many people.

I can't abide by anyone threatening him with violence and also would recommend they stop.

People who have problems getting along with others in a responsible way (repaying personal loans or favors, being entrusted with an organization's money etc) can simply be avoided if necessary to protect oneself.

There are lots of people in the world who for one reason or another, do not act responsibly with the property of others. Some of us, when confronted with people who are always 'takers' and never 'givers' will consider it a lesson learned and move on to those who know how to reciprocate.

Russell Kanning

people will follow through on their threats against jp, just like jp follows through on his commitments

Rocketman

Quote from: GraniteForge on September 30, 2007, 01:39 PM NHFT
No matter what you do, I am amazed that you are going forward with the raffle.  The integrity of the process has evaporated.  The trust that ticket buyers place in the group selling the tickets has been breached.  Your reluctance to do the right thing makes the whole process even more suspect.  No matter who wins now, its going to have the stink of a scam. 

What?  Where's the scam? 

Friday

Quote from: GraniteForge on September 30, 2007, 01:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on September 30, 2007, 09:19 AM NHFT
Last night Jim made contact with me for the first time in months... not to make arrangements to repay any of the money owed, or just to apologize, but to say that he has received three threats of physical force about this.  He requests that the threats of physical force/death threats (direct quote) stop.  So... exerting Herculean strength to not insert an emoticon right about now...

I would appreciate it if no one would threaten Jim with physical force up to and including death over this incident.  I figure that no one person could have been ripped off more than, say, 20 dollars from buying raffle tickets?  That hardly seems worth a death threat.  Also, it probably just gives him an excuse to feel victimized, rather than guilty.  So please knock it off.  Thanks.

I would guess he's lying about the threats, but since he's already living in a criminal world, he ought to just threaten them right back.

The problem here is that you aren't getting that its not him who has ripped off NH's gun owners, its you.  He is your agent.  He collected monies for your benifit.   Either he acted on your behalf, in which case you are definitely on the hook, or he acted without your knowledge, in which case you are a victim.  In either case, the fact that he was doing this out in public means that you can't just hide this away and handle it internally.  I am confident that your attorney will tell you that you have a legal duty to bring this to the attention of the authorities for investigation.

No matter what you do, I am amazed that you are going forward with the raffle.  The integrity of the process has evaporated.  The trust that ticket buyers place in the group selling the tickets has been breached.  Your reluctance to do the right thing makes the whole process even more suspect.  No matter who wins now, its going to have the stink of a scam. 

I don't know what your problem is.  I already said that the LPNH collected the tickets sold by Jim, just not the cash. I said that we will be awarding two guns to two ticket buyers, just like we promised.  And I said I will fulfill all of my obligations as treasurer.