• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

An Open Letter re: Jim C. Perry

Started by Friday, September 26, 2007, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Friday on September 30, 2007, 09:19 AM NHFT
Last night Jim made contact with me for the first time in months... not to make arrangements to repay any of the money owed, or just to apologize, but to say that he has received three threats of physical force about this.  He requests that the threats of physical force/death threats (direct quote) stop. 

I need to correct myself here.  Jim sent me two emails last night, but I overlooked the first one and had only read the second one (about the threats) when I posted this.  He is now acknowledging to the ExComm that he owes the LPNH money; apologizes for "dropping the ball"; and says he will bring the money he owes to the LPNH convention on Oct. 27th.

mvpel

Quote from: Friday on September 30, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFTI already said that the LPNH collected the tickets sold by Jim, just not the cash.

I guess it wasn't clear to everyone that you have verified that you collected every last one of the tickets he sold, as I was unclear on that as well.

And indeed, given that you're not the one making threats, then it would seem that he's making his request of the wrong person.

ny2nh

Can you check that you have my 3 tickets: 2001, 2002, 2003

mvpel

Quote from: alaska on September 30, 2007, 07:57 PM NHFTSure he is.

It suggests, at least, that he's already spent the money, otherwise one would think he'd bring the money to the LPNH sooner than four weeks from now.

Friday

Quote from: ny2nh on October 01, 2007, 10:27 AM NHFT
Can you check that you have my 3 tickets: 2001, 2002, 2003

Yep, I have your tickets.  :)

Anyone else who is concerned can IM or email me with your ticket numbers and I will check for you.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 30, 2007, 06:27 AM NHFT
Did Jim ever join your Tuath?

I do not believe Jim ever joined, but the tuath would have been more likely to recover the cash from him and prevent most of this damage in the first place (after an initial incident).

A tuath is a de-facto voluntarist reputation-management system. For example, libertarian political organizations can simply refuse to endorse candidates that are not in good standing in the tuath. This weeds out known thieves and fraudsters without any effort while also giving them a second chance to make things right by paying restitution to their victims.

Establish your reputation, protect yourself and your assets, and utilize the only proven alternative to government. Join the tuath.

Did I mention it's free?

What are you waiting for?

Friday

Jim has made full payment to the LPNH for his raffle tickets.   :Dollar_-_Silver:

RattyDog

Quote from: Friday on October 15, 2007, 12:44 PM NHFT
Jim has made full payment to the LPNH for his raffle tickets.   :Dollar_-_Silver:

This is wonderful!! Score!

J’raxis 270145

Great news.

Has he made any efforts yet to make amends for everything else people in this thread brought up?

CNHT

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 15, 2007, 01:27 PM NHFT
Great news.

Has he made any efforts yet to make amends for everything else people in this thread brought up?

I've abandoned any thoughts that I might ever recoup any of my losses...since it's been over 2 years now.

Friday

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 15, 2007, 01:27 PM NHFT
Great news.

No idea.  He hasn't offered any explanation for why it took 8 months to hand over the LPNH money, aside from the aforementioned "I dropped the ball" remark.

J’raxis 270145

Well, at least he's coming around to doing the right thing a bit at a time. Has he seen this thread?

Kat Kanning

Friday

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 15, 2007, 03:11 PM NHFT
Well, at least he's coming around to doing the right thing a bit at a time. Has he seen this thread?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect the answer is yes.

Lloyd Danforth

I find it interesting that he paid this as it probably isn't going to fix things on the whole.