• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

An Open Letter re: Jim C. Perry

Started by Friday, September 26, 2007, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RattyDog

Well, it was the right thing to do....I mean, he would have to be delusional to think it would "fix" everything...so maybe he just really wanted to do right, you know?

Lloyd Danforth

Yes, I find it encouraging. I never planned on shunning him anyway as it seemed unlikely we would meet and, if we did, ignoring him would be awkward.

Avens O'Brien

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 15, 2007, 03:11 PM NHFT
Well, at least he's coming around to doing the right thing a bit at a time. Has he seen this thread?

I'm glad he came around.  And I appreciate his efforts to fix things.

I do wish to warn people, however, that I have had experience in the past where Jim has "come around", and begun to act in a more responsible fashion, and he 1. falls back into his old habits and 2. he seems to think a couple of months of "changed" behaviour makes up for years of irresponsibility.  You don't claim a reputation overnight, you earn one, and like anything you earn, the hours invested reflect the strength and consistancy (or amount) of that which you earn.  It will take time and energy for him to fix his reputation among us.  Especially time.

I am all for supporting him if he changes his behaviour, pays what is due to those he owes, and becomes a self-responsible individual.  I do like Jim, he's a good kid, and his intentions are usually good. 

However, it will take a good long time of him being a self-responsible individual before I will trust him with responsibility for anything or anyone else. 

I personally can't shun him, as I've known him since he was 16 years old and somehow despite my youth I've been his big sister ever since - but I personally do not trust him with money, and I respect anyone else's distrust of him.

I realize this is a late post on this thread, and I could add my own commentary to the list of "things Jim has done to offend", but beating a dead horse doesn't solve anything. 

Time will tell.  And supporting his good behaviours may help him, and for some of us, selectively shunning him in activities we disapprove of (I will not loan him money, for example) will, in the long run, teach him better than a lawsuit would.

I'd love to say "he's young, he'll get over it" but hey - I'm youngER, and I often find his behaviour appalling.

-Avens

Insurgent

Quote from: Avens O'Brien on October 15, 2007, 10:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 15, 2007, 03:11 PM NHFT
Well, at least he's coming around to doing the right thing a bit at a time. Has he seen this thread?

I'm glad he came around.  And I appreciate his efforts to fix things.

I do wish to warn people, however, that I have had experience in the past where Jim has "come around", and begun to act in a more responsible fashion, and he 1. falls back into his old habits and 2. he seems to think a couple of months of "changed" behaviour makes up for years of irresponsibility.  You don't claim a reputation overnight, you earn one, and like anything you earn, the hours invested reflect the strength and consistancy (or amount) of that which you earn.  It will take time and energy for him to fix his reputation among us.  Especially time.

I am all for supporting him if he changes his behaviour, pays what is due to those he owes, and becomes a self-responsible individual.  I do like Jim, he's a good kid, and his intentions are usually good. 

However, it will take a good long time of him being a self-responsible individual before I will trust him with responsibility for anything or anyone else. 

I personally can't shun him, as I've known him since he was 16 years old and somehow despite my youth I've been his big sister ever since - but I personally do not trust him with money, and I respect anyone else's distrust of him.

I realize this is a late post on this thread, and I could add my own commentary to the list of "things Jim has done to offend", but beating a dead horse doesn't solve anything. 

Time will tell.  And supporting his good behaviours may help him, and for some of us, selectively shunning him in activities we disapprove of (I will not loan him money, for example) will, in the long run, teach him better than a lawsuit would.

I'd love to say "he's young, he'll get over it" but hey - I'm youngER, and I often find his behaviour appalling.

-Avens

Thanks for that, Avens

Friday

Yes, thanks, Avens.  You probably know him better than anyone here, so I put a lot of weight behind your opinion.

CNHT

I've never said anything to anyone about this but I figured if he was doing this on a regular basis someone else would finally bring it up.
I hadn't planned on it.

The amount of money I lent him is probably viewed as a drop in the bucket to most people. I think I only reminded him of it once, when I got angry about something else he did.

I am not the type who should ever lend money because I don't have the balls to ask for it back...

Avens O'Brien

Quote from: Friday on October 15, 2007, 10:47 PM NHFT
Yes, thanks, Avens.  You probably know him better than anyone here, so I put a lot of weight behind your opinion.

Also, personally, shunning him completely doesn't allow him to make amends if he wants to, and I like to make sure people have such an opportunity (I'm big on the never sticking people in no-win situations if I can help it).

Ultimately, I want Jim to get his act together, do well, and be successful in many ways, because 1. the more successful he is the less he'll be mooching off of/owing others, and 2. the more successful he is, the more likely he is to be in a position to repay what he owes in kharma, if you know what I mean.

I don't have to make this whole getting-his-act-together thing easier for him, nor do I suggest anyone else does, however, I see no reason to make it harder.

My humble opinion of course. ;)

-A

RattyDog

Lloyd Danforth

Avens is the best thing J.P.ever did for me, although, maybe she was at that LP convention 3 or 4 years ago with her mom.

Friday

Jim says he was banned from NHFree shortly after I started this thread.  Is that correct?

For what it's worth, I would like to see him reinstated.  It wasn't my intention to talk about him behind his digital back (hence the "Open Letter"), and I think it's fair to let him respond to what various people have said about him, if he so chooses.  I know it's not my forum, but I wanted to put that out there to the powers that be (oh, and Russell, too  ;D ).

CNHT

Quote from: Friday on October 16, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT
Jim says he was banned from NHFree shortly after I started this thread.  Is that correct?

For what it's worth, I would like to see him reinstated.  It wasn't my intention to talk about him behind his digital back (hence the "Open Letter"), and I think it's fair to let him respond to what various people have said about him, if he so chooses.  I know it's not my forum, but I wanted to put that out there to the powers that be (oh, and Russell, too  ;D ).

Yes me too - Kat can you unban him? I should add that today he contacted me an offered to pay me back. I just wonder where he is getting all this money all of a sudden?

IMHO, if people are going to live without government, they'd better learn to live repsonsibly. I don't mind helping people out from time to time, but this just seemed to get out of hand.

Kat Kanning

He's offered to return my flag money, too.  I'll believe it when I see it.  I unbanned him, but noticed when I did that he's ignored my more people than EthanAllen is  :o

Insurgent

I've never had a reason to ignore anyone, either online or in person.

Kat Kanning

Oh, I just read my email, which included this from JP to someone else:

QuoteYes, I have burned many bridges and I cannot chalk it up to youth,
only to irresponsibility. I have no excuses. I let the ball drop and
have taken a laissez-faire attitude about responsibility too many
times. It's c cycle and I am working hard to break it - one thing both
Armen and Jenn have been working at me with for some time.

I did pay the LPNH back. Kat and Russell, and I will state this
publicly, are lying, I owe them nothing, they've never purchased nor
ordered flags from me, ever. I owe Jane $150 from a loan she gave me.
I owe the NHLA $200 from the campaign contribution that gave from
2006. Though Scott Roth is claiming I owe him money, Annie will vouch
that I do not.

I have not taken responsibilities given to me very seriously. Starting
with Vice Chair of the State Party to Secretary of the State Party and
then Chair of the Hillsborough County Party.

Right now, I am working on just getting things together and settling
my life down first, before I work on anything else. I'm taking classes
at Laconia's Tech College starting in January. I am about to buy
myself a car to replace the one that decided to make love to a group
of trees with me in it - so that I can start a job other than just
money coming in from my business.

I have contacted Jane and the NHLA about repaying those debts. The
NHLA has responded and I will be taking care of that one, Jane has not
responded yet. But I am sure she will and when se does, I want to
settle that debt as well.

I hope it isn't meaningless to apologize, because I truly am sorry. I
know that doesn't just cure everything, but I hope it's a good first
step.

Best,
JP

The little asshole is saying this to someone else while he's offering to pay me back.

Kat Kanning

This is the email he was sending me, while calling me a liar to others.

QuoteKat,

I was recently sent a copy (since I can't view the board) of your mention on the NHFree board of your not having received flags after having paid for them. In all honesty, I do not remember how much you gave me or for which flags. But if you could let me know how much and/or what flags, I can either send you the money back or send you flags.

Thanks,
JP

--