• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

best first date

Started by supperman15, September 30, 2007, 10:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ny2nh

LordBaltimore

Rule number one in dating.  Forget the rule book.  

Women don't really like men who play games, and men suck at it so they shouldn't even try. Personally, I think the whole rules nonsense (don't call until day whatever) was invented by women to test which men are dumb enough to fall for it.

If you want to call a woman the next day, go for it.  

porcupine kate

This is a tough one.  I picked Bill up While we were both Boy Scout Explores.  I took him to a nice polish restaurant a round the corner from me for lunch and then went to a party at one of my friends house.  It worked out really well.  As far as advice for the single guy here it goes.

I would try to find out some of the things she is into.  You should spend some time talking to her before you ask her out. 

Dinner and a movie is alright first date but then you need to find a movie that doesn't suck that she will also want to watch. 

Small live concerts will impress her if you know she will enjoy the type of music.  It doesn't matter if she has heard of the band just if it is a genre she listens to. 

I love going to parks or festivals,  These are inexpensive and you can have dinner after. 

If you meet her at a club she will want to go dancing.  That is why women go to clubs they want to get drunk and dance.  They dress up to look better than the other women at the club to prove they are more in style.  If you don't like to dance don't go looking at clubs for women.

Ice skating is always fun.  It is even better if one or both of you don't know what you are doing.

Museums are good only if you know she likes them or there is a good exhibit that you would both be good at.

Craft shows are fun if she is artsy because you can enjoy or critique the exhibitors.  Juried shows then to have better art and crafts.

Hiking is good if she likes to hike.  Choose very good weather and don't pick a tough trail or very long trail.  You want to talk and take time to look at the scenery.  I also don't recommend catching snakes and other small creatures this could freak her out.  Pack a nice picnic lunch. Bring the food and drinks in backpack and don't let her carry it.  Pack a blanket, and put the lunch in nice looking containers.

If she has a cause that she supports find out if they are having an event and suggest going to it.  You may not like the politics of the event but be polite and what till another day to make suggestions.

Flowers are very good anytime.  Random occasions and deliveries are best.  Never give flowers as an apology they will go right in the trash.   Home grown and store bought are great but recycled from another event are in bad taste.

Find out if she has food allergies and what types of food she does or doesn't eat before you try to feed her.

Beth221

me and dans first date and i quote from mister romantic "I dont date, I am not looking for a relationship"  I was crushed, and said to myself, FUCK THAT, he WILL date me! 

2 weeks later he was "seeing" someone, so i drove Dan nuts, and drove the other chick far far away!!  HAH!

i am so evil!

good first dates i think, are places where there are people around having fun, and you can chat.  I hate going to a movie on a "blind" date, just sitting there, next to someone you hardly know.  Unless he does the bag O' Popcorn trick, HAH!  (kidding)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Beth221 on October 01, 2007, 10:58 AM NHFT
me and dans first date and i quote from mister romantic "I dont date, I am not looking for a relationship"  I was crushed, and said to myself, FUCK THAT, he WILL date me! 

2 weeks later he was "seeing" someone, so i drove Dan nuts, and drove the other chick far far away!!  HAH!

i am so evil!

good first dates i think, are places where there are people around having fun, and you can chat.  I hate going to a movie on a "blind" date, just sitting there, next to someone you hardly know.  Unless he does the bag O' Popcorn trick, HAH!  (kidding)

Okay I must ask what is the bag O' Popcorn trick? :)  I have an idea I just want to see if I'm right.

Raineyrocks

I met Rick at a bar during a friend of mine's birthday party.  Me and my friend were dancing and she told me some guy was staring at my butt I turn around and voila there's Rick! ::)   We ended up having a great time, we even danced in the parking lot.  I was moving at the time so I told him to call me in a couple of weeks but he called the next day and I liked that actually. :)
So anyways we talked on the phone for about 3 weeks before we went on our first date and we went to a bar, talked a lot, danced, got drunk, and passed out at my apartment.
I loved our 2nd date: It was at the park and I made falafel mix, (dried chickpea powder and water), so when we put them on the grill they fell into the fire.  I lost my apartment keys and a biker helped me break into my car to see if the keys were there, nope they weren't there so then we walked back to my apt. and my neighbor used a ladder to climb into my window, (I lived on the 3rd floor).  We got a flashlight and went back to the park looking in trash cans and everywhere I finally found them on the ground somewhere.  It was fun believe it or not.  I have all kinds of hilarious dating stories with me and Rick but I won't hog the thread. ;D

Beth221

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Beth221 on October 01, 2007, 12:07 PM NHFT
its sort of like this, only with a bag of popcorn! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

:biglaugh:

I'm surprised Rick never thought of that! 

supperman15

see the reason i like the coffee date is that it is maybe 30-45 min. and it is more of a screening process then anything else.  its hard to flirt on the phone, and face to face it is easier to see if they are nuts.  then if they pas (because both people should be making sure the other is good enough) then you go on a longer date that is some kind of fun adventure.  My dad told me never to do dinner and a movie before the third date... it was the only advice i ever got from my dad about anything, other then that the movie should always come before dinner that way you have more of a built in toppic.  Thanks for all the thoughts, this is great.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: supperman15 on October 01, 2007, 12:54 PM NHFT
see the reason i like the coffee date is that it is maybe 30-45 min. and it is more of a screening process then anything else.  its hard to flirt on the phone, and face to face it is easier to see if they are nuts.  then if they pas (because both people should be making sure the other is good enough) then you go on a longer date that is some kind of fun adventure.  My dad told me never to do dinner and a movie before the third date... it was the only advice i ever got from my dad about anything, other then that the movie should always come before dinner that way you have more of a built in toppic.  Thanks for all the thoughts, this is great.

I guess a coffee date would be nice, geesh I never thought of anything nice like that when I was dating. >:D  Hard to flirt on the phone, I don't know about that one, when Rick and I talked on the phone for 3 weeks before our 1st date we did more than flirt on the phone.  :o

Braddogg

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 01, 2007, 01:00 PM NHFT
I guess a coffee date would be nice, geesh I never thought of anything nice like that when I was dating. >:D  Hard to flirt on the phone, I don't know about that one, when Rick and I talked on the phone for 3 weeks before our 1st date we did more than flirt on the phone.  :o

:o

porcupine kate

As far as calling her the day after go for it.  Just don't call her 3 times a day to find out why she hasn't called you.  Women like attention.  We don't like clingy/creepy.

If you do a nice dinner and a movie on the first date you set yourself up for a lot of costly dates. 

Coffee or lunch is good if you haven't meet face to face before.  If you did meet and talk previously than something more interesting is called for.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Braddogg on October 01, 2007, 01:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 01, 2007, 01:00 PM NHFT

:o

:o back to you Braddogg! ;D

porcupine kate

I should not have to mention this.

If you are going to pick her up clean the junk out of your car beforehand.

Also if you are going to bring her to your place clean it.  I'm talking the whole place not just your room.  Gross bathrooms and dirty kitchens are a turnoff.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: porcupine kate on October 01, 2007, 01:22 PM NHFT
As far as calling her the day after go for it.  Just don't call her 3 times a day to find out why she hasn't called you.  Women like attention.  We don't like clingy/creepy.

If you do a nice dinner and a movie on the first date you set yourself up for a lot of costly dates. 

Coffee or lunch is good if you haven't meet face to face before.  If you did meet and talk previously than something more interesting is called for.

Really I can't stand clingy/creepy!  I remember this one guy I met at a keg party when I was 15 or 16  and I was drunk; he was looking good so I figured, what the hell?  Little did I know he was a virgin, and he followed me around offering me jewelry for weeks.  ::) 

Good point about a costly 1st date, do women still expect men to pay or is "dutch" the in thing?