• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

best first date

Started by supperman15, September 30, 2007, 10:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I'm gathering that your ready for a serious dating relationship, right?  Finding the "right" girl?  How come no one has mentioned taking a girl out for a few drinks?  Maybe you don't drink, I don't know but sometimes a couple of drinks can make people feel at ease and then all of the worrying goes away, right?
I've known a lot of people that have met or gone to a bar on the 1st date and it's turned into a great relationship.   :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: porcupine kate on October 01, 2007, 01:33 PM NHFT
I should not have to mention this.

If you are going to pick her up clean the junk out of your car beforehand.

Also if you are going to bring her to your place clean it.  I'm talking the whole place not just your room.  Gross bathrooms and dirty kitchens are a turnoff.

Should I change the sheets even if a new Equinox has not arrived?

TackleTheWorld

Ladies,
Guys can't guess what you like to do.  If you don't mind talking to them, suggest an event.  If they listen, that's a good sign.
Best first date for me, a volksmarch.  A big group of people take walk in the country.  There are many people, but it's quiet so you can talk, if the guy scares or offends you, ignore him and walk/talk with someone else. 

If the guy is oh so interesting and friendly, go to the best second date: UFO hunting.  Take a walk in the country at night, with a big piece of sheet metal so you can "call the UFOs" by wobbling the sheet back and forth making a cool noise.  Silly, sure, but hey, it worked for Jim and I.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on October 01, 2007, 02:20 PM NHFT
If the guy is oh so interesting and friendly, go to the best second date: UFO hunting.  Take a walk in the country at night, with a big piece of sheet metal so you can "call the UFOs" by wobbling the sheet back and forth making a cool noise.  Silly, sure, but hey, it worked for Jim and I.

Sounds like going to watch the submarine races.  ;)

That Jim is one smooth operator.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on October 01, 2007, 02:20 PM NHFT
Ladies,
Guys can't guess what you like to do.  If you don't mind talking to them, suggest an event.  If they listen, that's a good sign.
Best first date for me, a volksmarch.  A big group of people take walk in the country.  There are many people, but it's quiet so you can talk, if the guy scares or offends you, ignore him and walk/talk with someone else. 

Wow, and I thought Rick and I had interesting stories! :o

cathleeninnh

Some of us choose not to trot them out on public forums.

Cathleen

Rocketman

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 01, 2007, 02:36 PM NHFT

Cathleen

Heh-heh. 

I will share one concept I acquired in the south.  If you're naked, that means you're not wearing any clothes.  However, if you're nekkid, that means you're up to something.

Therefore, if you aren't wearing any clothes, and it's your first date, there's no point in trying to say y'all ain't nekkid.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 01, 2007, 02:36 PM NHFT

Cathleen

I don't think anyone was asking and whoever wanted to share certain memories did.

Fluff and Stuff

Also if you are going to bring her to your place clean it.  I'm talking the whole place not just your room.  Gross bathrooms and dirty kitchens are a turnoff.

But don't clean too much.  Women like to help guys.  If your house if perfect, you seem too smart, or you have everything together you may not be as fun in her eyes.  More importantly, she might feel bad (because chances are her place is not really clean) or even worse, she might expect you too keep your place super clean.

Beth221

i just like a clean kitchen and bathroom sink. 

and no food in teeth..!

porcupine kate

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 01, 2007, 02:10 PM NHFT

Should I change the sheets even if a new Equinox has not arrived?

Lloyd I'm beginning to see why you are still single. ;)

kola

I like a comfy quiet peaceful atmosphere at her or my house, fireplace burning, a few candles and shoes kicked off. I need the mental stimulation with good conversation. She has to be a self-thinking-anti-gov- hippie-chick who loves animals.   

Kola

porcupine kate

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on October 01, 2007, 02:54 PM NHFT

But don't clean too much.  Women like to help guys.  If your house if perfect, you seem too smart, or you have everything together you may not be as fun in her eyes.  More importantly, she might feel bad (because chances are her place is not really clean) or even worse, she might expect you too keep your place super clean.

I don't buy that.  Most of the single guys up here are looking for a girl who has her act together and has a clue about liberty and responsibility.  If a guy doesn't come across as having his act together she can easily find someone who does.  Attention to details and creativity are going to work better at attracting someone that could be open to liberty and anti government ideas.

porcupine kate

Quote from: kola on October 01, 2007, 03:22 PM NHFT
I like a comfy quiet peaceful atmosphere at her or my house, fireplace burning, a few candles and shoes kicked off. I need the mental stimulation with good conversation. She has to be a self-thinking-anti-gov- hippie-chick who loves animals.   

Kola

This is a great idea but not for the first date. 

You want to be somewhere she feels safe until she knows you well enough to know that you aren't going to turn into some monster that will harm her.

Besides finding the self-thinking-anti-gov-hippie-chick who loves animals is the hard part.  There aren't many of us.  Most of the women I know that fit this description are in solid relationships.  The idea of this thread is to give the guys ideas on how to attract a woman open to these ideas and weed out the rest.

toowm

Our first date was dinner and an indoor soccer game. Set the wayback machine to February 12, 1982, Chicago Stadium (now torn down), Chicago Sting (now defunct).

I don't like movies for first dates because you don't talk and rarely can find a movie that you both will really enjoy.

Non-major sporting events are nice, because it's in a public place, but the crowd is more laid back, and you can talk without upsetting folks.

P.S. Big plug for M: she saved the ticket stub all these years and framed it for me as a 20th wedding anniversary present. I'm looking at it right now... Maybe I should go home early...