• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

maybe cowbells or drums ... or anything that makes noise ... kazoos for the song

even if you get there late .... just head on down ... november 5th comes around only about once a year ... bring anything that will make the cops nervous :)

Jim Johnson

I'll bring some pitch forks.  I've got two of Lloyd's, one from Roger and Lauren's.
Just be aware, that if the Manchester Police have been communicating with the ICE guys, they're going to know the difference between a spud fork and a pitch fork...Caleb.  They will also know the difference between a dung fork, a hay fork and a salad fork.  Although I am not sure that they are sophisticated enough to know the difference between the first course fork and the second course fork, they have had experience with the term 'fork you'.   :pitchforked:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 26, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT
maybe cowbells or drums ... or anything that makes noise ... kazoos for the song

even if you get there late .... just head on down ... november 5th comes around only about once a year ... bring anything that will make the cops nervous :)

Gosh, that one is easy!  I'll bring the kids to make the noise and my 19 year old son to make the cops nervous. :D  When is it over?

Tom Sawyer

I wish we could get the fire baton twirling chick to make the scene.  >:D

mvpel

Quote from: EthanAllen on October 26, 2007, 03:45 PM NHFTThe point is that it is not a regular occurance.

About 500 people per year are killed, and thousands more are injured, as a result of gasoline fires.  Arson, a crime for which gasoline is a nearly indispensible tool, was the leading cause of fire fatalities in 2002, at 27% of 3,380 fatalities in 3,300 fatal fires.

The fact that it's not a much more regular occurrence is testament to how clever the engineering of gasoline distribution and delivery systems has gotten over the years.  But nothing is idiot-proof:

Static-sparked fire

Another gas station fire

We see this kind of thing frequently enough:

The only reason the one in San Francisco made national news and the various others didn't is because it shut down a huge multi-freeway interchange and disrupted the commutes of a lot of the people who produce national news.

That doesn't address the point of licensing, training, and registration of purchasers and users of cars and/or gasoline, however.

FTL_Ian

Can a moderator please split off all this gasoline talk to another thread?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on October 25, 2007, 01:57 PM NHFT
Can anyone see what the Keene Sentinel had to say about Lauren today?

Got the paper from Mark today.  Scan attached.

Jim Johnson

KBCraig

Quote from: GraniteForge on October 26, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on October 26, 2007, 01:17 PM NHFT
No license is needed to buy matches, or gasoline, which together were the tools used in the biggest mass murder in history.

OK, I'm stumped.  What 'biggest mass murder' used matches and gasoline?

I assume he's referring to the Happy Land arson, which killed 87 people.

I'd quibble and say that the 168 killed in the OKC bombing, not to mention the 2,974 killed on 9/11, also count as "mass murder".

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 26, 2007, 09:11 PM NHFT

Yes, please. Lauren's thread deserves to not be cluttered with side discussions.

penguins4me

Quote from: KBCraig on October 27, 2007, 12:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 26, 2007, 09:11 PM NHFT

Yes, please. Lauren's thread deserves to not be cluttered with side discussions.

Maybe a link could be left in this thread to the side discussions, seeing as they started over the idea that because cars are "deadly, dangerous", they must be licensed and controlled by the government...

... which is the very thing which caused the authorities consternation - Lauren chose not to have government licenses to produce.

FTL_Ian

The Lauren Canario Video Tour: Court and Jail

Parts one and two posted here:
http://freekeene.com/2007/10/27/the-lauren-canario-video-tour-court-and-jail/

Digg here:
http://digg.com/videos/people/The_Lauren_Canario_Video_Tour_Court_and_Jail

Here is part 2:

[youtube=425,350]-3UzpZt-BC8[/youtube]

Jim Johnson

coffeeseven

Did I hear right? Did officer whasis say this is a secure area? That's a military term. More blurring of the lines between civil and military.

Surprise surprise surprise.

The fact that they only sent one soldier to talk to Ian is some more proof that peaceful resistance is the way to go. They can handle guns and fighting because that's what they're trained to do. They're having trouble fitting the "round hole" peaceniks into their "square hole" system. Thank you Ian.

Puke

Another excellent video. I bet there were a handful of pigs laughing in the room where that camera led to.
"Look!  He can't get out, but we keep telling him to leave!"

I also love you just walking away from that cop outside. He looked kind of perterbed that you just up and walked off.  :laughing1:

Kat Kanning

BTW, does anyone who lives closer to Milford want to put up a new roadside memorial for Lauren?