• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on October 25, 2007, 11:19 PM NHFT
Welcome back Mike.  You have the Noble position of Lancelot in our struggle. 

Well, thank you. I only hope you don't think I'll sleep with King Arthur's wife and destroy the kingdom.

There should be no despair in Lauren's struggle.  There should be only joy...that one of us has stepped forward to be the lighting rod for the lazy and contemptible citizenry of The United States of America.  The abused and down trod may now have someone that they can abuse and humiliate.  Someone they can transfer their anger upon, for every hour they have had to stand in a DMV line and every sneer they have had to endure from a DMV employee they can now unload on to Lauren.   
Lauren hangs on the states cross...for saying no...and she will bear the sins of every citizen who could have said no but did not.

A very interesting and approriate metaphor.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 27, 2007, 12:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 27, 2007, 09:08 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 27, 2007, 08:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 26, 2007, 05:56 PM NHFT
Gosh, that one is easy!  I'll bring the kids to make the noise and my 19 year old son to make the cops nervous. :D  When is it over?
when we get tired or all of us end up in jail
since this is your first time ... I am guessing you will want to take it easy

any fork should do the trick

flames look great at night also

I don't worry about taking it easy, it's pure bullshit that Lauren is in jail. >:(  I just don't want social services to get their creepy hands on my kids, that's what I worry about.  I'll come up with some kooky idea as long as Rick can get us there.  He's going to try his best!
What do the flames and pitchforks have to do with Lauren though?

This same situation recently came up recently with another activist in Manchester. What you need is a legal document that transfers custody of your child to a trusted relative in the event you're arrested, otherwise the state gets temporary custody of them until you're freed. You should have a lawyer prepare the document, and it has to be notarized in order to be official.
Quote from: ivyleague28477 on October 27, 2007, 01:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 27, 2007, 09:17 AM NHFT
there is always a reason to back down from the evil government .... just letting you know ... I cannot guarantee that the thugs will not kidnap your children. They did it to Lauren.

OOH! OOH!  I CAN, I CAN!!!!  Okay, maybe not entirely guarantee - they can make up anything they want - but at least attempt to keep them from kidnapping your children in the event of an arrest.

Upon the advise of legal counsel I put a "Durable Power of Attorney" into effect.  It is a legal document stating that in the event that you are incapacitated for any reason, the custody of your children automatically transfers to "X" person.  Any lawyer can draw one up for you for exorbitant sums of money, or I might be able to ask my brother (aka my attorney) to put one together for a cheep rate.  I don't know if he will be able to since he is not a NH attorney, but he was able to do mine for me and email it to me and then I just needed to have it witnessed and notarized.  So basically I did half the work of the attorney's office would do for you... *shrugs* not such a big deal when you have lots of friends willing to witness and plenty of notarys around.   ;D

That is a great idea, thanks J'raxis and Ivy! :)  I have a 2001 family lawyer cd, after I find it  ::) I can see if it has this "Durable Power of Attorney" in it.  Then I can just take it to get notarized, right?   The only family member I have up here that is older than 18 is my 19 year old son so I should put him in as the custodian, right?

Rick and I were talking about this issue today because we both feel strongly about what's going on with Lauren and definitely want to be part of anything that we can do to help without putting our kids in danger.  I swear that I will never let social services take my kids even if I have to die to stop them.  I couldn't imagine one night of not knowing where they were or if they were safe let alone dealing with the possibility of them never being returned to their home.

I get so angry when I hear about kids being taken away from their homes and then really being abused in the "system".  I thought of being a foster care parent once thinking that I could help and definitely wouldn't abuse any foster kids I would have but then that also would make me part of the system, the system I despise.

A lot of people's kids are taken away for the stupidest reasons and then usually the kids that are being abused aren't helped or the ones that were being abused at home just get removed into another abusive situation.  I'm not saying all foster care people are scums, I know a couple of them that are great but when it comes down to it they could be getting kids that shouldn't even have been taken out of their homes at all. :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ivyleague28477 on October 27, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 27, 2007, 07:03 PM NHFT
Then I can just take it to get notarized, right?   The only family member I have up here that is older than 18 is my 19 year old son so I should put him in as the custodian, right?

I was advised it just needs to be notarized...

I would look into DCYF and see if 19 is even old enough to be a guardian.  Mine elects someone not in this state, and then I have a network of people in place who are wiling and able to make sure my child gets to that person/place in the event it is needed.  But I cant advise you what to choose, my dear!  You know better than I do if DCYF would consider your 19yo able to handle his younger siblings.  Look into what standards they might have for their guardians and it might give you a better idea of a person that might not throw up flags...

Okay, thanks! :)  Maybe my 22 yr. old daughter out of state would be a better choice.  I just thought it had to be someone in the state that they are living in now.

Dave Ridley

Wow that was a very balanced article in the sentinel

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Michael Fisher on October 27, 2007, 03:43 PM NHFT
Welcome back Mike.  You have the Noble position of Lancelot in our struggle. 

Well, thank you. I only hope you don't think I'll sleep with King Arthur's wife and destroy the kingdom.

A very interesting and approriate metaphor.

No, the warrior that had left us, but returns in the times of our greatest need.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 27, 2007, 08:19 PM NHFT
Wow that was a very balanced article in the sentinel

Freeman, the author, is a liberty-oriented dude.  Good guy.

Kat Kanning

Wow, don't come between the mother bear and her cub!  Go rainey!

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Would someone care to edit Lauren's entree in Wikipedia

It should say something about being held indefinitely for contempt of court. (I'm not a wordsmith)
Maybe even include something from her letters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Canario

Kat Kanning

Someone suggested we have a way to play 1812 Overture loud outside the jail.

41mag

;D

I wonder if one of those FM transmitters and several portable stereos would work?

I do have it on CD if you still need it.

Russell Kanning

yes ... that would be good ... we could hear it on our car radios and boom boxes :)

Friday

Quote from: jose on October 23, 2007, 07:49 PM NHFT
i'm in
I need a v mask is there somwhere local where i can get on?

This is the best time of year to buy V masks.  Any Halloween superstore will have them.   :V_mask_50:

coffeeseven

I agree with most everything in the E of H Going to Jail book except the serving gleefully while in jail part. I'll admit I have done whatever job came up in jail in the past because that's my nature. Things are much more severe now. I can't stomach the idea of serving GovBots whose sole purpose in life is to make innocents feel like they've done something wrong when they have not. Personally I don't have any sympathy for "just doing a job" when it involves holding ANYONE prisoner without just cause or recourse. Of course Lauren is foremost in my mind but there are MANY that are being held for unconstitutional charges. Am I all wet on this?

Just in case no one has a response I'm sure Smith Glaxo Cline has a pharmaceutical in the works just for me =  recurrent anger over being stepped on, tasered while on the ground and found guilty of being a free American syndrome.