• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Here's the video from Biker Bill from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZiZBj273rc

[youtube=425,350]-ZiZBj273rc[/youtube]

Porcupine_in_MA

Sorry I could not make it. I really wish I had been number 27.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on November 04, 2007, 09:50 PM NHFT
Is this the a plan? And is 17:00 EST or Shire time?  I loaned Gandalf my pocketwatch the last time he came over for a smoke and some fireworks, so if it's Shire time, please translate for those of us on the far side of the Brandywine.
until the government goes crazy again in the spring .... Shire time is basically the same as EST. Since us Shire folk are relaxed .... we don't really notice the difference
:)

Russell Kanning

very fun last night
we hung out and ate at Murphy's ahead of time ... then when to the jail for an hour or so ... then back to the Tap Room for more eating and drinking

mvpel

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/A123657.htm
----
The problem is that drawing an inference that a defendant waived a significant constitutional right from that defendant's silence alone generally is regarded as impermissible. Boykin v. Alabama, 395 US 238, 243, 89 S Ct 1709, 23 L Ed 2d 274 (1969) ( "We cannot presume a waiver of [the privilege against compulsory self-incrimination, the right to trial by jury, and the right to confront one's accusers] from a silent record."); see also Carnley v. Cochran, 369 US 506, 516, 82 S Ct 884, 8 L Ed 2d 70 (1962) ("Presuming waiver from a silent record is impermissible. The record must show, or there must be an allegation and evidence which show, that an accused was offered counsel but intelligently and understandingly rejected the offer. Anything less is not waiver."); State v. Meyrick, 313 Or 125, 131-32, 831 P2d 666 (1992) ("Courts, however, are reluctant to find that fundamental constitutional rights have been waived. Accordingly, a valid waiver will not be presumed from a silent record."); State v. Grenvik, 291 Or 99, 102, 628 P2d 1195 (1981), overruled on other grounds by State v. Probst, 339 Or 612, 124 P3d 1237 (2005) (waiver of counsel may not be presumed from a silent record); State v. Boswell, 92 Or App 652, 656, 760 P2d 276 (1988) (same); State ex rel Dept. of Human Services v. Sumpter, 201 Or App 79, 89, 116 P3d 942 (2005) (waiver of right to trial cannot be inferred from silence).

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 06, 2007, 08:26 AM NHFT
very fun last night
we hung out and ate at Murphy's ahead of time ... then when to the jail for an hour or so ... then back to the Tap Room for more eating and drinking

Were you gotten drunk and taken advantage of by all those wicked Porcupines?  :o  ;)

Kat Kanning

Yeah, I got him all stoked up on Coca cola and then, well, the rest is history  :P

Tom Sawyer

I swear I heard talk of makin' a baby in the parking lot.  ;D

Russell Kanning

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on November 05, 2007, 11:42 PM NHFT
It was very nice to meet Rainey and Rick and the kids.  ;D

It was awesome meeting you and everybody else too! ;D

Kat Kanning

Merged the two lauren threads, now that the event is over.  Updated http://freelaurencanario.com/.

Tom Sawyer

It was cool last night chanting FREE LAUREN and getting the inmates banging on the windows and looking out. Shining the bright spot light on the windows to let them know we were there. I hope she got word that we were outside. The trustees that were emptying the garbage saw and heard us.

I thought it was funny that the guard area had the blinds drawn tight, but couldn't resist peeking out.  ;D

Kat Kanning

It's highly likely that the ONLY thing Lauren has to do all day is to read our letters.  So please write her, send her printouts of news articles or anything else she might to read.

Lauren Canario #42103
Hillsborough Co. Corrections
445 Willow Street
Manchester, NH 03103

Tom Sawyer

Sending a post card made from the V's in a row image.

silent steve

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 06, 2007, 07:46 AM NHFT
This is the court appointed lawyer they saddled Lauren with:

Anthony Sculimbrene
188 Main St. Nashua
598-4986

What is the name of the court tht this is all going on in?

I want to get copies of any paperwork alog with copies of transcripts, assuming they can be had.