• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Good news. Thanks for the update Dale.
I wish this would have not happened in the first place.
But the b'crats just can't let it go can they?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on November 07, 2007, 05:54 PM NHFT
The trial lasted about an hour to an hour and a half. Many of us did not rise when the judge came in but we did rise when Lauren walked in. I think she was a bit startled at first at the sudden motion but then she smiled at us. Russell cheered a little bit and the judge shushed him and said she knew we were there in support of Lauren but if we disrupted the courtroom we'd have to leave. The defense made a good case, I think. He tried hard. I thought he was rock solid fighting the resisting arrest charges, of which there were several somehow.  :-\ One or two small charges were dismissed but most were not. I don't remember the exact details of what stuck or not. Maybe someone can update later.

When the judge called for a short recess and we did not rise when ordered as she got up, we got some heated glares from the MANY officers standing around. Someone grumbled that we should be arrested the next time we didn't rise. The judge came back and started handing out judgements for crimes and the whole thing just happened to add up to the time served. The prosecution pushed for some more stuph. It was like they were upset like she wasn't punished harshly enough. There was some fuss about booking because Lauren still hadn't cooperated to get booked. My heart kind of sank because I was thinking she still wasn't going to cooperate, which I support her 100% of course, but I just really wanted her to get out. So the officers started being bossy with her again and she froze in her tracks and I was like, crap, something's going to happen. But then her lawyer said something and kind of coaxed her and
smoothed things out and she left the courtroom.

So then we were still not sure if she'd get out. I asked Jim if she'd cooperate and he shrugged and said "It depends on how they treat her." So we waited at the pizza place next door while Jim drove back to the station. We speculated a while about whether she'd cooperate and get out and then they showed up and we all had a nice chat at the pizza place. We brainstormed about things we could do to make the lives of non-violent inmates a little more pleasant like write them letters or send them publications to read, maybe even raise some money for them and stuph.

The End

Read on-air.

J’raxis 270145

:clap:

Nice work, Dale.

If you wanted to expand your blog beyond just cartoons, posting your report there would be good. Or add it as an addendum to your Lauren cartoon.

Porcupine_in_MA

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 07, 2007, 06:36 PM NHFT
:clap:

Nice work, Dale.

If you wanted to expand your blog beyond just cartoons, posting your report there would be good. Or add it as an addendum to your Lauren cartoon.

I posted it as a comment to the Judge Crocker / Queen of Hearts cartoon.

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning

the judge was not too bad ... justdoing her job
the cops and their prosecuter wanted the book thrown at her

Porcupine_in_MA

I love that you guys did not stand for the judge.  :V_mask_50:

Pat K

Heard Lauren on FTL, she sounded good,
great to just hear her vioce and know she is free. :party-smiley-020:

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Yay!
Glad to here of freedom!!
Lauren's freedom!! :wav: :party-smiley-020: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :hghfive: :hghfive: :hghfive:

Michael Fisher

Whew. Thank God that she's free!!!

Thrown in jail for not rising for a judge? That would be a first.

But then... We're all about firsts. 8)

David

I believe they will throw you in jail for not rising.  Iv't done it twice, and others more than that.  Small bit of defiance.   :)

FTL_Ian

It is much easier when there are others there also refusing to rise.  It's a bit of a rush.

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 07, 2007, 09:58 PM NHFT
It's a bit of a rush.

It really is! There is this tension that builds because you don't know how strongly they're react to it, and when it passes and you survive it it's like getting off a scary roller-coaster. I remember pondering whether we might get arrested or fined or something for it on the drive over and I was speculating about whether I was prepared to get arrested; would I be able to call someone and work out things like getting help to get my car back to the house, etc.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Michael Fisher on November 07, 2007, 09:48 PM NHFT
Thrown in jail for not rising for a judge? That would be a first.

"Contempt of court."