• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on November 20, 2007, 11:07 PM NHFT
...the end.   ;D

Or is it?   

Oh, I seriously doubt that.

Nice picture. Very sweet and touching.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

TackleTheWorld

Thanks Tom!  Lucky I had a pencil that day.
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 20, 2007, 10:34 PM NHFT
Traffic stop jailbird out after 35 days

Grateful thanks to everyone who demonstrated and called and emailed for my release.  That story would have been much snarkier if tons of people hadn't shown support for me.  You guys are tremendous.

Pat K

Nice letter Lauren.
Hope your wrists are healing.

Russell Kanning

that is really funny .... imagining 5 guards with masks on ... like you are a walking biohazard

Jim Johnson

I got a letter from the New Hampshire Attorney General Office...she's out, go to hell...but it was in responce to the letter I sent to the Governor, that was forwarded to The Dept. of Justice.

karenijohnson

LAUREN could not get a JURY trial FIRST TIME >>

http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=673&Itemid=36
Will it be a jury trial?, I ask. Not at first, he says, but if we lose we can, under New Hampshire law, get a brand new trial with a jury. Weird. I guess that means if we win the prosecution can get a brand new trial with a jury, too.

me says  LAUREN is now COURT-trial-convicted and OUT of jail -- time served...

This "jury second trial concept is BAD" (especially if you are in custody for the FIRST trial like Lauren.
seems Jury trial right v. Double jeopardy issues here). Second trial must be "trial de novo" (trial new again)

opinion:  this second-trial-jury-right problem needs to be fixed by LEGISLATURE.

1157am Nov25

karenijohnson

http://www.cabinet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20071120&Category=MILFORD01&ArtNo=71119031&SectionCat=&Template=printart
picture only: http://ncimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=NC&Date=20071120&Category=MILFORD01&ArtNo=71119031&Ref=AR&MaxW=250

Article published Nov 20, 2007
Traffic stop jailbird out after 35 days

By Daymond Steer

MILFORD — Lauren Canario says it was worth sitting in jail for more than a month to make her point that the government shouldn't have the right to force motorists to have drivers' licenses or to register their cars.

Canario, 50, of Winchester, was pulled over for speeding on Oct. 3 and told Milford police officer George Durham that she had no license and registration. She also refused to identify herself, flopped like a rag doll when police attempted to remove her from the car, took her handcuffs off in police custody, and declined to be booked.

Her husband, Jim Johnson, videoed the arrest and had it put up on Youtube.com.

She was released on Nov. 7, — Johnson's 52nd birthday — after sitting in jail since Oct. 3. She spent a total of 35 days at Valley Street jail in Manchester.

"I think I've spent more time in jail making less of a point," said Canario in a phone interview last week.

Still adamant, she said she doesn't plan to get a license or registration unless a job demands it.

All forms of mandatory government identification are bureaucratic and unnecessary, she said, but voluntary identification, such as credit cards, is acceptable.

When asked if people should have licenses to ensure their driving safety, she replied that unsafe drivers often have licenses.

The department of motor vehicles is also unnecessary, she said.

"All they do is catalog people," she said.

Several supporters came to the jail while she was there, including a small group carrying signs that said "Free Lauren Canario." But, she said she didn't mean to start a mini-movement.

"I was just living my life the way I felt was best," she said.

She was found guilty of failure to display plates, resisting arrest, failure to register vehicles, speeding, driving after suspension, and disobeying an officer and on Nov. 7, Judge Martha Crocker added a breach of bail conditions charge. Canario was released on Nov. 7 because her sentence equaled the amount of time she had already served.

And, when a prisoner sits in jail for a day, they accumulate $50 worth of credit, so Canario didn't have to pay a fine.

Judge Martha Crocker, who was lampooned on a pro-Canario website, offered Canario best wishes as she walked out the door.

"It's not up to me to determine if the time you served in Valley Street is proportionate to the speeding ticket, which was the cause the initial stop, but that's your choice and your choice was honored," said Crocker. "I wish you luck."

Crocker made Canario complete the booking process at the Milford Police Station before she could go free. Then Canario was on her way to a to a party friends gave for her at Sal's, a pizza shop next to the court.
© 2003, Telegraph Publishing Company, Nashua, New Hampshire

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Dear Lauren Canario,
Salutes to you for your standing the ground as you did on this thread and in real life.
A very close family member who I adore to all ends of the earth and beyond was harrassed by the badge, gun and system today.   The lovely being, refused to sign a citation, which said he was doing something illegal (driving with a suspended license) which was not true. Jail, was the only answer the official puppet had in mind. No buts about it, even though a letter was in the records of driver's license for the past couple of years about the mistaken identity and approved by and written from the driver's license office.   
It has become very clear that what Lauren has done is necessary to wake people up to these obsurdities.
Anyone who disagrees with you is just very brainwashed.

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Signing the paper or else is taught from the early levels of education.
This is NOT acceptable.

Tom Sawyer

Just got this comment...  ;D

CupcakeLorLor
QuoteLAUREN DESERVES TO BE IN JAIL.
shes dumb, and should follow the law and respect our fucking police.

From Lauren's Arrest video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xndEhn8EUdc#GU5U2spHI_4

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT

CupcakeLorLor

Cupcake...that's some sweet language.  Maybe one could respect them...if they weren't "fucking police".

srqrebel

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT

CupcakeLorLor

It is very important to recognize that there is a good likelihood that whoever posted this, is actually very close to coming around to accepting the rational premise that Lauren based her activism on.  This seems counterintuitive, so here is the explanation:
The only reason a human being would react so violently to Lauren's peaceful activism, is because it threatens to obliterate the very paradigm that this individual has based his entire life upon.  It is only natural for him to react defensively in that case.  If we respond to such individuals with reactionary counter-violence (even with words), we only perpetuate the cycle of misunderstanding, and alienate the very individuals who are the closest to making the paradigm shift.

By responding to such outbursts in a rational, respectful, and peaceful manner, we can beam directly into their subconscious the message that we come in peace, ultimately disarming their natural (though primitive) reactionary defenses.  This allows them to continue making the paradigm shift with a rational sense of security, until they become one with us. :)

Remember: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they become you -- if you let them (to paraphrase Gandhi).

It is the ones who barely note our activism, let alone feel threatened enough to react, that are the hardest sell.