• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: srqrebel on February 01, 2008, 12:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT
Just got this comment...  ;D

CupcakeLorLor
QuoteLAUREN DESERVES TO BE IN JAIL.
shes dumb, and should follow the law and respect our fucking police.

From Lauren's Arrest video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xndEhn8EUdc#GU5U2spHI_4

It is very important to recognize that there is a good likelihood that whoever posted this, is actually very close to coming around to accepting the rational premise that Lauren based her activism on.  This seems counterintuitive, so here is the explanation:
The only reason a human being would react so violently to Lauren's peaceful activism, is because it threatens to obliterate the very paradigm that this individual has based his entire life upon.  It is only natural for him to react defensively in that case.  If we respond to such individuals with reactionary counter-violence (even with words), we only perpetuate the cycle of misunderstanding, and alienate the very individuals who are the closest to making the paradigm shift.

By responding to such outbursts in a rational, respectful, and peaceful manner, we can beam directly into their subconscious the message that we come in peace, ultimately disarming their natural (though primitive) reactionary defenses.  This allows them to continue making the paradigm shift with a rational sense of security, until they become one with us. :)

Remember: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they become you -- if you let them (to paraphrase Gandhi).

It is the ones who barely note our activism, let alone feel threatened enough to react, that are the hardest sell.

Interesting point... post a comment over there and see if Cupcake comes around or maybe the silent majority of the viewers that don't comment.

dalebert

In summary, SRQRebel is saying the guy is experiencing cognitive dissonance and it's making him really uncomfortable so he lashes out.

Jim Johnson

CupcakeLorLor is a guy?

Maybe he's a cop too... a "fucking cop".

firecracker joe

lauren you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the american dream. A million fucking cops at the bottom of the ocean with a lawyer under each arm. or atleast its my dream :D

srqrebel

Quote from: dalebert on February 01, 2008, 01:25 PM NHFT
In summary, SRQRebel is saying the guy is experiencing cognitive dissonance and it's making him really uncomfortable so he lashes out.

Yes, though it is important to note that the reason the cd is making him so uncomfortable, is because the newly introduced premises are threatening the very foundation of his worldview, hence everything he (or she) has built his entire life upon.

The way to disarm such individuals, is to show them that all is not lost: The new paradigm holds far greater potential for their personal happiness and well-being than the one they have unfortunately been stuck in, and those of us who are championing this new paradigm want only the best for them.

Give them a chance to realize this by exercising patience and restraint, and watch them transform into our most vocal supporters. :)

We must absolutely rise above our primitive reactionary natures to prevail against the old, faulty paradigm.  The fact that others don't, only serves to give us the edge, provided we rise above mere emotional reaction.

srqrebel

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2008, 12:39 PM NHFT
Interesting point... post a comment over there and see if Cupcake comes around or maybe the silent majority of the viewers that don't comment.

Point taken... will do :)

It is also important to understand that personal transformations do not happen overnight.  The best we can do is consistently influence them in the right direction.  The only way this can be done is to always engage them in a peaceful, respectful manner. 

If one does not have the restraint or long-term patience to do this, then the best response is none at all.

Russell Kanning

I agree buddy.
Some of the angry comments are from cops and their friends who feel they are getting put in bad situations (which they are) .... others are from people who are very conflicted.

Becky Thatcher

After 23 years, police officer retires
Apparently one of the high points of his career.  ;D

Quote...was seen on YouTube after he stopped libertarian Lauren Canario on the road and Free-Staters videotaped her non-compliance.

cathleeninnh

I love this sentence!

"because the police station was located in Town Hall, George Durham remembers he often didn't have to go far to make his first arrest of the night."

Sam A. Robrin

Oh, give me a heart attack with a three-year-old headline, why don'tcha?!

MaineShark

Quote from: cathleeninnh on June 17, 2010, 02:07 PM NHFTI love this sentence!

"because the police station was located in Town Hall, George Durham remembers he often didn't have to go far to make his first arrest of the night."

Yeah, I was wondering what the author was actually trying to imply, with that.  I sure know what I thought when I read it...

Joe

Russell Kanning

i bet he never arrested any of the big time thieves in Milford

must be nice to retire at 45 .... hopefully his pension will run out soon and townsfolks can keep their money if they want to

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 17, 2010, 05:00 PM NHFT
must be nice to retire at 45 .... hopefully his pension will run out soon and townsfolks can keep their money if they want to

Unless there's a collapse of the system (cross your fingers and hope) then I don't think their pensions ever run out.  He could live to 150 and be getting almost as much as he made when he was "working".

Kat Kanning

Ways to become a youtube star:

1.  Arrest Lauren Canario
2.  Hassle Dave Ridley
(lots others)

Riddler

Quote from: cathleeninnh on June 17, 2010, 02:07 PM NHFT
I love this sentence!

was usually a shitbag defecating/vomiting on the town common or a brawl (w/ 4-5 bars around the oval)

i kinda knew this guy & he was always a mello/decent cop..(as witnessed on the ''canario'' video (much to most/all your chagrin, he didn't club either one of them upside the head w/ a nightstick, so you could capture it on video.....try as you might)

& what you all conveniently glaze over:

''He was honored as a state hero after the Woodland Heights apartment building fire in the late 1990s ......................     

But the most fun was being the town's first DARE officer and School Resource Officer.

"The schools were very open to the (SRO) program, and it was challenging," he said.

Officer Durham, aka "OD," as the kids called him, has been involved with the young people for most of his career, with yearly bike rodeos and fishing derbies, and he was also on the police bicycle patrol, motorcycle patrols and the dive rescue team.

Sometimes parents will come up to him and tell him, "You saved my son."

"That happens on a regular basis," he said. "But I didn't save him – it was the whole concept, the whole community – it's the village that raises a child."

http://www.cabinet.com/cabinet/cabinetnews/769865-308/after-23-years-police-officer-retires.html

for my contribution......you're welcome