• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeseven

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on October 22, 2007, 11:40 PM NHFT
The only effective weapon is be non cooperation.

...and cameras. Lots of them and often. Like a light on a cockroach.

penguins4me

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 22, 2007, 06:12 PM NHFT
;D

You haven't flown on an airplane, taken Amtrak, or interstate bus lately have you. They demand ID.

In fact an activist that challenged in court the demand for papers was told that the law was secret, thus they didn't have to show it to him.

Often people walking down the road are detained and papers demanded of them.

John Gilmore is his name. More information at http://papersplease.org/gilmore

That was such a tragic case on so many levels, not the least of which was the government explicitly stating that it was perfectly fine for the government to both have secret laws, and punish those who broke the laws they both had no reason for knowing existed, nor could read even if they knew of them.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: SethCohn on October 22, 2007, 07:28 PM NHFT
Claiming you are Russell Kanning, for example (unless you _are_ Russell), would be illegal, so effectively while not directly requiring ID or license, it's nearly as much - since you must provide your information accurately, just as if it was a ID. 
as cardinal of the shire ... I christen anyone who wished to travel freely and use my name....

Russell Kanning or Shorty Dawkins. We can ask if Lauren wants her name used. It can also help you identify with the previous non-ID travelers. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: SethCohn on October 22, 2007, 07:36 PM NHFT
My point was the law is written vague enough, given the myriad laws you can potential break at any moment, that effectively, it's a requirement for mandatory stop and travel id, or at least the equivalent (you must stop if asked, and provide a correct id of yourself, as if you had ID)
you are so right my friend ... they can always ask for ID ... they can come up with any reason ... and then they can arrest you for not obeying an officer or not obeying a lawful order .... and hold you on contempt of court... until they find it politically inexpedient to keep you.

bill rose

I LOVE LESS NESSMEN
THIS IS INSANITY
24 NOT WHEN EVER THE JUDGE FEELS LIKE IT

Kat Kanning

When:  Monday November 5th, starting around 5:30 pm
What:  Candlelight vigil, V Mask demonstration outside Lauren's jail
Where: 445 Willow St., Manchester
Bring:   candles, V-masks, capes, pitchforks, signs, warm clothes

More info about Lauren's imprisonment:
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11106.0

Tom Sawyer

FTL_Ian

firecracker joe

i'm in
I need a v mask is there somwhere local where i can get on?

Pat K

95 percent chance I can come.

Will look for V-mask.

Russell Kanning

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 23, 2007, 08:07 PM NHFT
we found them at a costume store

LOL, nice tip Russell, now I won't
waste time checking the cheese isle in the super market.

Lloyd Danforth

FTL_Ian

dalebert

This is a great idea, Kat. I hope we get a good turnout. I'll be there.