• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: mvpel on October 29, 2007, 10:30 PM NHFT
Radar guns have judicial notice as a source of probable cause, and have for years.

That varies by state. In Texas, a radar beam constitutes a search, and the officer must have probable cause (by visual estimate of speed) before using a radar "search".

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

no way we can go all together .... we always end up getting there at different times

but if we had one wave of us walk over there along elm street ... that would be cool

I am sure we will not be stopped by the cops for "conversations" more than 3 times

Lloyd Danforth

EJinCT

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 29, 2007, 07:46 AM NHFT
it is amazing how long they want to keep a person when they haven't even convicted her ... of small crimes against the state

Looking for reason when dealing with illogical people, is an exercise in futility; likely have better luck finding Nessy or Sasquatch.

Kat Kanning

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 30, 2007, 07:37 AM NHFT
no way we can go all together .... we always end up getting there at different times

but if we had one wave of us walk over there along elm street ... that would be cool

I am sure we will not be stopped by the cops for "conversations" more than 3 times

Perhaps people could start arriving at Murphy's around 17:00, then whoever's there by 17:25 or so all walk over en masse, down the wide-open stretch of Elm Street, then up Valley. Anyone who arrives after can just go over when they arrive.

dalebert

Should someone have a sign that reads "Remember, remember, the 5th of November..." ?

Kat Kanning

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: lildog on October 30, 2007, 10:23 AM NHFT
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071028/OPINION01/310280074/-1/opinion

Not sure if anyone saw this editorial or not yet.

QuoteProtesters converged on the jail shortly afterward, and "Free Lauren" signs were posted at the site of the arrest. Canario and her supporters are part of a fringe element within the Free State Movement that takes the group's libertarian philosophy to the extreme – arguing that they should not have to pay taxes, register their cars or apply for diver's licenses.

Guess I'm one of those "extremists" then. How sad that belief in freedom from government is considered radical.

dalebert

Quote from: lildog on October 30, 2007, 10:23 AM NHFT
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071028/OPINION01/310280074/-1/opinion

Not sure if anyone saw this editorial or not yet.

I can't tell who wrote it. Am I missing it somewhere? It's probably obvious.  :-\

Quote...by parading themselves in front of the media as Free Staters at every opportunity, they give New Hampshire residents a skewed image of the quiet majority

Hmm... are we too loud or are they too quiet?  >:D

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: dalebert on October 30, 2007, 10:41 AM NHFT
I can't tell who wrote it. Am I missing it somewhere? It's probably obvious.  :-\

It's not listed anywhere on that page. I guess they do the same as the Boston Globe with these anonymous Op Ed pieces...

error

That means it's an official opinion of the newspaper, written by the editorial staff.

error

I just sent this LTE to the Telegraph:

Lauren Canario's act of civil disobedience (Protester's actions damage her cause, Oct. 28) draws attention to the issue, and sometimes that is enough to begin the process of change.

In 2005, Michael Fisher performed a manicure without a license in front of the offices of the Board of Barbering, Cosmetology and Esthetics in Concord to draw attention to what he believed were unconstitutional laws. This year, Gov. Lynch signed SB43, which reduces the requirements for obtaining a barber license.

Once, long ago, our government respected our right to travel peaceably. No license was required to ride a horse or drive a stagecoach. Yet 100 years ago, public hysteria over the dangers of horseless carriages led states to begin licensing them and their drivers.

Today our right to travel is under attack from all sides. Now, people must have a license in order to travel by airplane, or even to take the commuter bus to Boston. Lauren's protest draws attention to this critical issue.