• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

Quote from: Ogre on November 07, 2007, 03:59 PM NHFTWell, she's apparently not in the jail.  How many more details do you need?   :P

Oh, little stuff like WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED, etc.

MaineShark

error

I would bet there will be more details after Jim and Lauren throw a party, go home, spend some quality time together, and then get around to reading the forum.

AlexLibman

Awesome!!!  :D

Can't wait for the news stories to learn more details.

Someone (who's not banned like I am) should update her Wikipedia entry...

Porcupine_in_MA

Porcupine Realtor

Last night at Taproom Tuesday we had 5 or 6 Porcs write cards to Lauren, which were mailed today.  Who knows, if the judge sets her free, perhaps she won't even receive them.  That would be just fine. 

Tomorrow I will mail a letter to Lauren with the following quote from HD Thoreau:

From Henry David Thoreau's Civil Disobedience (1849):

I was put into a jail once... and, as I stood considering the walls of solid stone, two or three feet thick, the door of wood and iron, a foot thick, and the iron grating which strained the light, I could not help being struck with the foolishness of that institution which treated me as if I were mere flesh and blood and bones, to be locked up.  I wondered that it should have concluded at length that this was the best use it could put me to....  I saw that, if there was a wall of stone between me and my townsmen, there was a still more difficult one to climb or break through, before they could get to be as free as I was.  I did not for a moment feel confined, and the walls seemed a great waste of stone and mortar....  They plainly did not know how to treat me, but behaved like persons who are underbred.  In every threat and in every compliment there was a blunder; for they thought that my chief desire was to stand the other side of that stone wall.  I could not but smile to see how industriously they locked the door on my meditations, which followed them out again without let or hindrance, and they were really all that was dangerous.  As they could not reach me, they had resolved to punish my body; just as boys, if they cannot come at some person against whom they have a spite, will abuse his dog.  I saw that the State was half-witted, that it was timid as a lone woman with her silver spoons, and that it did not know its friends from its foes, and I lost all my remaining respect for it, and pitied it. 

Thus the State never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses.  It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength.  I was not born to be forced.

slim

I am so happy that they let Lauren out of the Ministry of Love. I hope this is the last time a wonderful woman like Lauren is forced in to a box but the reality is this will probably happen over and over.

Lauren is probably going to be busy for the next few hours getting some food and spending time with her loved ones who I am sure missed her. I do hope to hear some details about her experience and what would be great would be a video from the court room but I guess that the judge probably would not want to have his face associated with the immoral detention of Lauren.

Porcupine Realtor

From Henry David Thoreau's Civil Disobedience (1849):

I was put into a jail once... and, as I stood considering the walls of solid stone, two or three feet thick, the door of wood and iron, a foot thick, and the iron grating which strained the light, I could not help being struck with the foolishness of that institution which treated me as if I were mere flesh and blood and bones, to be locked up.  I wondered that it should have concluded at length that this was the best use it could put me to....  I saw that, if there was a wall of stone between me and my townsmen, there was a still more difficult one to climb or break through, before they could get to be as free as I was.  I did not for a moment feel confined, and the walls seemed a great waste of stone and mortar....  They plainly did not know how to treat me, but behaved like persons who are underbred.  In every threat and in every compliment there was a blunder; for they thought that my chief desire was to stand the other side of that stone wall.  I could not but smile to see how industriously they locked the door on my meditations, which followed them out again without let or hindrance, and they were really all that was dangerous.  As they could not reach me, they had resolved to punish my body; just as boys, if they cannot come at some person against whom they have a spite, will abuse his dog.  I saw that the State was half-witted, that it was timid as a lone woman with her silver spoons, and that it did not know its friends from its foes, and I lost all my remaining respect for it, and pitied it. 

Thus the State never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses.  It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength.  I was not born to be forced.

Dan

I'd bet details forthcoming on Free Talk Live tonight.

kola

I am getting drunk and celebrating, Yay!

hiccup,
Kola

dalebert

The trial lasted about an hour to an hour and a half. Many of us did not rise when the judge came in but we did rise when Lauren walked in. I think she was a bit startled at first at the sudden motion but then she smiled at us. Russell cheered a little bit and the judge shushed him and said she knew we were there in support of Lauren but if we disrupted the courtroom we'd have to leave. The defense made a good case, I think. He tried hard. I thought he was rock solid fighting the resisting arrest charges, of which there were several somehow.  :-\ One or two small charges were dismissed but most were not. I don't remember the exact details of what stuck or not. Maybe someone can update later.

When the judge called for a short recess and we did not rise when ordered as she got up, we got some heated glares from the MANY officers standing around. Someone grumbled that we should be arrested the next time we didn't rise. The judge came back and started handing out judgements for crimes and the whole thing just happened to add up to the time served. The prosecution pushed for some more stuph. It was like they were upset like she wasn't punished harshly enough. There was some fuss about booking because Lauren still hadn't cooperated to get booked. My heart kind of sank because I was thinking she still wasn't going to cooperate, which I support her 100% of course, but I just really wanted her to get out. So the officers started being bossy with her again and she froze in her tracks and I was like, crap, something's going to happen. But then her lawyer said something and kind of coaxed her and
smoothed things out and she left the courtroom.

So then we were still not sure if she'd get out. I asked Jim if she'd cooperate and he shrugged and said "It depends on how they treat her." So we waited at the pizza place next door while Jim drove back to the station. We speculated a while about whether she'd cooperate and get out and then they showed up and we all had a nice chat at the pizza place. We brainstormed about things we could do to make the lives of non-violent inmates a little more pleasant like write them letters or send them publications to read, maybe even raise some money for them and stuph.

The End

KBCraig

coffeeseven

I'm very very very very happy for Jim and Lauren. Not 90 days this time! YAY! Maybe next time they won't waste their time. The cops will be busy for 30 days or better just forwarding Lauren's fan mail.

8) You cats not standing up for his lordship.....very cool. 8)

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for the update Dalebert.  8)

I've been preocuppied all day wondering how things would go.

Raineyrocks