• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren kidnapped roadside by thugs Oct. 2nd

Started by les nessman, October 02, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

srqrebel

Awesome news!!!   :party-smiley-020: :broc1: :blueman:

I'm guessing Jim is enjoying his happiest birthday ever. 

Welcome home, Lauren!  :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: GraniteForge on November 08, 2007, 01:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: David on November 07, 2007, 09:53 PM NHFT
I believe they will throw you in jail for not rising.  Iv't done it twice, and others more than that.  Small bit of defiance.   :)

Just to make it clear:  In NH, you are not rising "for the judge," but rather out of respect for the concept of the legal process that leads to a just verdict via the "trier of fact." 
In this particular case, the judge represented that process as the ultimate trier of fact, but in a NH jury trial, you rise for the jury, not the judge.

But you are told to rise when the black robed one walks in.

The same thing goes for them sitting higher, the whole process is designed to make you feel beneath the priest of the law.

coffeeseven

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 08, 2007, 05:09 AM NHFT
Quote from: David on November 07, 2007, 09:53 PM NHFT
I believe they will throw you in jail for not rising.  Iv't done it twice, and others more than that.  Small bit of defiance.   :)

Just to make it clear:  In NH, you are not rising "for the judge," but rather out of respect for the concept of the legal process that leads to a just verdict via the "trier of fact." 
In this particular case, the judge represented that process as the ultimate trier of fact, but in a NH jury trial, you rise for the jury, not the judge.

But you are told to rise when the black robed one walks in.

The same thing goes for them sitting higher, the whole process is designed to make you feel beneath the priest of the law.

What is that whole black robe thing? They look like they are getting ready to sing in a satanic choir. A pointed hat with moon and stars on it would just about complete the ensemble.

RattyDog

:party-smiley-020: :party-smiley-020: :wav: :wav: :kermit: :blob6:

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! So happy you are free and back home in Jim's arms!!! Thank you, brave, wonderful Lauren!! Soooooo glad you can get a nice hot shower and slip into some comfy jammies and relax for a few days!

Happy Birthday Jim, you are a great guy and a wonderful husband.

Lauren is free!!

:jailbird:

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 07, 2007, 08:18 PM NHFT
the judge was not too bad ... justdoing her job
the cops and their prosecuter wanted the book thrown at her

I don't understand this. I mean, yes, we are talking about the gestapo death squad....but even they have to understand that she spent over a month in jail for something ridiculous...I mean, what the hell?? How could they ustify trying to "get" her with anything else?? Was it Lyons who was trying to do this?? He has always been such a reasonable guy.....

silent steve

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

dalebert

Quote from: RattyDog on November 08, 2007, 06:05 AM NHFT
I don't understand this. I mean, yes, we are talking about the gestapo death squad....but even they have to understand that she spent over a month in jail for something ridiculous...I mean, what the hell?? How could they ustify trying to "get" her with anything else?? Was it Lyons who was trying to do this?? He has always been such a reasonable guy.....

Because their authority feels threatened and they must crush the rebel "uprising".

dalebert

In NH, you are not rising "for the judge," but rather out of respect for the concept of the legal process that leads to a just verdict via the "trier of fact."

Yes, either or, I have no respect for it. To rise is a demonstration of respect for that process so it would be a lie, which is immoral.

SethCohn

Quote from: dalebert on November 08, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT
Because their authority feels threatened and they must crush the rebel "uprising".

Remember, when stopped by the authorities, the correct response is

You don't need to see our identification
We can go about our business.

[youtube=425,350]CnjaUoR15dU[/youtube]

dEadERest

droids? what droids? ;D

Welcome home Lauren! What beautiful irony that this elegant, peaceful woman can create such anger and vitriol in the enforcer fraternity.

I've never been in court except as a juror. In my twisted imagination I see myself saying to the judge, "Excuse me, your Judgeship sir, being as, in my heart, I have contempt for this court, am I automatically guilty of contempt of court?"

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning

they didnt really drop anything
the cops still wanted the book thrown at her ..... the judge wanted to let her out that day

mvpel

[youtube=425,350]nWr6ec2zEyE[/youtube]

TROOPS is filmed on location with the men of the Imperial Forces.  All suspects are GUILTY!  Period!  Otherwise they wouldn't be suspects, would they?

error

If you can't realistically expect justice from the black-robed one, why bother standing up?