• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Open carry keeps the peace at once troubled NH bar

Started by Dave Ridley, October 04, 2007, 08:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Rearden on October 16, 2007, 08:43 AM NHFT
I'm justing asking, for the sake of appearances and to honor the many requests I've gotten from customers, as well as for the sake of the liquor license, that people not open carry while drinking alcohol.  It just looks irresponsible, especially to the uninitiated.

Thanks.

In a business, what your customers think and how they feel at your place is important regardless of whether it makes sense or not. It's a reasonable request.

Rocketman

Quote from: dalebert on October 16, 2007, 10:21 AM NHFT
I'm justing asking, for the sake of appearances and to honor the many requests I've gotten from customers, as well as for the sake of the liquor license, that people not open carry while drinking alcohol.  It just looks irresponsible, especially to the uninitiated.

Thanks.

In a business, what your customers think and how they feel at your place is important regardless of whether it makes sense or not. It's a reasonable request.

The essence of reasonable.

Lloyd Danforth

Thanks.

Gotcha

bill rose

open carry is the best way to stop crime and police misconduct
not more cops
get a gun and carry it

lildog

Quote from: bill rose on October 23, 2007, 09:14 AM NHFT
open carry is the best way to stop crime and police misconduct
not more cops
get a gun and carry it

Sometimes just the thought planted in a potential criminals head that the victim may be armed is all that is needed as well.  That's why I believe crime rates in states like NH with fewer gun laws is so low compared to places like DC, MA, CA etc where it is very hard to get a gun legally.

A good friend of mine back in NY believes very strongly in suggestion alone being a strong prevention.  He drives a truck covered in NRA stickers and sporting a nice sized gun rack and he does own a number of guns.  he works for a bank so he parks the truck really close to the entrance so people going into the bank know right away someone in that bank is a gun owner.

He also very openly talks about owning guns and having a conceal permit.  Even those who work with him aren't sure if he carries at work or not.  His response when asked (even by his boss) is they'll know if they ever need to know.  I even don't know when he carries as he doesn't let even his best friends know.  But I know he has guns and he's even had to pull them out (he stopped an in progress rape simply by showing his gun).

His theory is if people aren't sure when he carries and when he doesn't people will always assume he's carrying and hence leave him alone.

Dan

. o O ( I got it!  Make t-shirts saying:  I AM CONCEALED CARRYING )

dalebert

Quote from: Dan on October 23, 2007, 01:05 PM NHFT

Oh, that's awesome! I love it!
8)

OnGard4Liberty

Quote from: dalebert on October 23, 2007, 02:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dan on October 23, 2007, 01:05 PM NHFT

Oh, that's awesome! I love it!
8)

I'll buy one.  Put a picture of a gun on it or something so people will know what exactly "concealed carrying" means

Dan

Quote from: Sarah on October 25, 2007, 03:27 PM NHFT

Open carry probably had an effect on keeping the peace.  Until the bigger guns decided they didn't like all those little guns running around.

Then the intimidation tactics were used, and quite effectively.  Folks caved, and started frantically backpedalling.

Should we put that on the back fo the t-shirt?

Kat Kanning

Even easier than caving and backpedaling is sitting on the sidelines throwing stones.

EJinCT

Quote from: Sarah on October 25, 2007, 03:27 PM NHFT

Open carry probably had an effect on keeping the peace.  Until the bigger guns decided they didn't like all those little guns running around.

Then the intimidation tactics were used, and quite effectively.  Folks caved, and started frantically backpedalling.

What has the result been?

I'm unaware of any that have stopped open carrying altogether, and I'd wager those guns are still "running around"; just less obvious in some places.

Being asked to conceal a firearm on someone else's premises is hardly what I would consider a loss. I don't personally consider making compromises as caving; if that is what was being referred to.

Dan

But then having a t-shirt that states you are concealed carrying just outlines the ludicrousness of it all.  A position I didn't have before I came up with the idea for it.