• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHFree.com tech issue

Started by FTL_Ian, June 08, 2005, 01:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Kat,

I had mentioned this before, and it's still a minor issue, but it's also relatively easy to remedy.  NHFree.com is currently configured as a "Web-Forward" with cloaking.  It would be optimal, and less confusing for some users, if we could set it up to point directly at the site.

The IP for soulawakenings.com is 66.160.132.20 .  I would very much like to point NHFree.com and Forum.NHFree.com to that IP, but if your server is not configured correctly, it won't work.

Directly linking the domain to the IP will eliminate potential problems, and make the site make more sense.

If you can put me in touch with your server admin, we can get it done.

Regards,
Ian

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on September 11, 2005, 02:43 PM NHFT
What needs to be changed?

I'm sure Kat knows how to point the domain to the actual DNS dontcha Kat?

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Well, the admin of the webserver needs to change his settings to accept requests from www.nhfree.com for the main site, and forum.nhfree.com for the forum.  Soulawakenings will not be affected, as that route will also work.

Dave Ridley

right now when i type nhfree.com i only have a 50% chance of getting the website to come up

Russell Kanning

I can't get through at all with that name.
nhunderground.com works for me

FTL_Ian

If someone would put me in touch with the web admin, we could get this righted, and stop with the silly webforwards.

Kat Kanning

I've asked you to explain it to me, but no go.

JonM

Name:    soulawakenings.com
Address:  66.160.132.20
Aliases:  forum.soulawakenings.com

Name:    wfb.zoneedit.com
Address:  216.98.141.250
Aliases:  forum.nhfree.com

I'll splain it.  You own soulawakening.com, which is hosted by the fine people are hurricane electric, he.net.  Ian registered nhfree.com and nhunderground.com on godaddy and forwarded the resolution of their names to soulawakenings.com.

He can configure the domains to use he.net's DNS servers to resolve nhfree.com and nhunderground.com to resolve to your IP address of 66.160.132.20, but only if he.net's people change their DNS servers to accept resolution of those domains.

So you just need to contact the support department at he.net and say "please add nhfree.com and nhunderground.com as aliases to my soulawakenings.com domain."

Kat Kanning

They'll just tell me to edit my own DNS.

FTL_Ian

Sorry, I thought I'd explained it.  If you must do this yourself, what part is confusing you?

FTL_Ian

Okay..

nhfree.com
www.nhfree.com
forum.nhfree.com
nhunderground.com
www.nhunderground.com
forum.nhunderground.com

are now all pointing at soulawakenings.com's IP.

The ball is in your court, Kat.  JonM, you're pretty good at explaining all this, can you clarify if Kat has trouble making the changes?

Kat Kanning

Yeah, just got a panicked phone call cause someone couldn't get to the forum anymore.