• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Something is going on at Error's apartment!

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, October 05, 2007, 01:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I'm sure it was because you were so rudely interrupted while you were placing a phone call... I mean you were so busy "busting people's balls" I'm sure you just forgot to hangup.

shyfrog

I have yet to hear the voices of error and phil on porc411 telling us they are ok...

shyfrog

Quote from: d_goddard on October 05, 2007, 03:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: supperman15 on October 05, 2007, 03:16 PM NHFT
I was informed the the porc call was illegal and do not want a transcript printed.  I also request that people please deleate the audio.
Wise move, sir. I have followed this request and removed Ian's link from every place I had posted it, and deleted the Porc411 .WAV file from my computer.

Please note that, to the best of my knowledge (and I am not a lawyer) THE TRANSCRIPT WOULD NOT BE ILLEGAL, and in my opinon would be of inestimable value here. Please reconsider the bit about transcription.

Lastly... I hope when we go to kill the stupid "wiretapping" law next time, every single Porc helps in the effort (last time Dada was the only one who did).

Quote from: shyfrog on October 05, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFT
We're going to vote :D (and run for office, etc)
You got your past tense confused with the future tense, shyfrog ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GpZ5sbZOSs

yes yes... we ARE voting, running for office, AND winning.

David

interesting point, all we have is essentially an anonymous online identity. 
Please keep the transcripts. 
Further, anyone who was involved, and those that witnessed anything, Write down what you heard and saw as quickly as possible before the memory fades.  This may be very important if the enforcers decide to continue their harrassment. 

enloopious

Wow, I (didn't) just listened to the (never happened) message and now I see why he wanted you to delete it. They out right threatened you for posting things online. I wouldn't want a recording of me (allegedly) threatening people in an official capacity while I worked for the Fed either.

Recording stuff in public; Its like those pictures of Jennifer Aniston sunbathing topless in her back yard or Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee having sex. Any person who works in the public eye is free to be filmed and recorded. Don't give in man. He is strong arming you but also don't forget, he can make your life miserable even though he is completely wrong. ...And keep records of everything!

Beth221

i spoke with Ivy, the feds knocked on her door, as they were leaving out the back, she was on her way to murphies to work.  they told her via someone else that they, the feds want to know about Rob, but if she didnt talk to them then they would have to "rethink" things with her..  

I hope they feel good trying to scare a single working mother.  

she did agree to talking to them.

another note, anyone hear from Dada????????   is he amung the missing?  

are there people at murphies?  

another note to my other notes, (i got a lot to say!)  anyone know about that lady who I met a few weeks ago at Taproom tuesday, tall, blonde, named Diane?  who is she???  

anyways, The feds are here!  The Feds are here!!  
:glasses7: :glasses7: :glasses7:

lildog

Quote from: enloopious on October 05, 2007, 03:20 PM NHFTThe "treasury department" has obviously been monitoring all of our online activity and I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that.

:o

Ok, it was me buying that Claw Foot Tub on ebay and buying and selling all those baseball cards!!!!  They caught me red handed!  Hmmm, I wonder if that's on my "permanent record".... actually thinking about it, if they had a file somewhere with all my online transactions it would be quite funny because I buy some weird stuff.  (I was outbid on the ghost in a jar though  http://www.reason.com/news/show/33606.html  )

d_goddard

Quote from: enloopious on October 05, 2007, 03:37 PM NHFT
Any person who works in the public eye is free to be filmed and recorded.
I'll say this only one and briefly: you're wrong
I've been watching this topic VERY CLOSELY in New Hampshire and the Attorney General does not agree with you. Do a search for "Michael Gannon" to see more details.
Now let's keep this thread free of anything but stuff pertinent to the events of today.
Thanks.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: supperman15 on October 05, 2007, 03:16 PM NHFT
hello all,
Everything is well at the frathouse.  I was informed the the porc call was illegal and do not want a transcript printed.  I also request that people please deleate the audio.  Now, that is simply because i had not asked if they could be recorded.  I realize what im asking may be hard but the people behind the badges would like that, and so would i.  I would please neither play or transcribe any part of the message threw any form of media im sure someone from the house will be more then happy chat and tell you more

Please call FTL as close to 7p as possible.

supperman15

On the event,
Several officers came to the house, error was out getting groceries.  I didnt know they were officers so i called porc.  What they were interested in was saving lives.  People have made threats, in sincerity or in frustration. these threats of violence are being taken seriously.  We must remember that while we may not like or agree with the job that they do they are people, and as such no violence should be done to them.  While i was being questioned i was treated with respect and dignity, but with the sincerity of someone trying to protect the life of a friend and neighbor.  If any anger comes out on the recording for those who have heard it, please realize that the soul and the eyes behind it were genuine ed to do no harm but simply prevent any harm.   

This may seem ridiculous,  for those who have met the people living in the house, that we would wish anyone harm.  But remember confirmation bias and for an instant put yourselves in their shoes and think what you would do if someone threatened you or your friends and family.  Everyone becomes suspect, and that paranoia works for neither side.  Yes many of us have chosen to use our 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves and family, but we also know that a gun is a tool that can be used for anything, and their conformation bias is one that makes them think those wepons may be used against them.  We need to chaing this bias, and the only way to do that is to peacefully comunicate with them and everyone else.  We are not killers, we are not murderers, people who believe in liberty wish no harm.  We must foster this ideal, and shun the ideas of violence, and channel that frustration into peace and liberty.

mvpel

They dropped the case against Michael Gannon because they know that a Federal Court of Appeals has ruled that there is a First Amendment right to record the police as they go about their official duties and publish those recordings.

They may think it's illegal in New Hampshire to record the cops, and it may take money and effort to prove them wrong, but they are, in fact, wrong.  An unconstitutional law has no force or effect.

Beth221

Quote from: shyfrog on October 05, 2007, 03:31 PM NHFT
I have yet to hear the voices of error and phil on porc411 telling us they are ok...
i just spoke with error. 

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: mvpel on October 05, 2007, 03:59 PM NHFT
They dropped the case against Michael Gannon because they know that a Federal Court of Appeals has ruled that there is a First Amendment right to record the police as they go about their official duties and publish those recordings.

They may think it's illegal in New Hampshire to record the cops, and it may take money and effort to prove them wrong, but they are, in fact, wrong.  An unconstitutional law has no force or effect.

So they drop the case because they don't want this specific law to get challenged in court and shot down, specifically. As long as it's on the books, ultimately unenforceable or not, it can intimidate some people into following it.

J’raxis 270145

Heading back to Manchester from Boston now...

d_goddard

Quote from: mvpel on October 05, 2007, 03:59 PM NHFT
An unconstitutional law has no force or effect.
You make a very convincing case that seatbelt laws are unconstitutional.
I agree with you; but I will assume the Head Goon's Office has more immediate relevance than the Constitution, at least until the law is changed, or the courts nullify it.