• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Writing to the political prisoners

Started by Kat Kanning, October 08, 2007, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Here are the addresses of the political prisoners all in one spot, for those who wish to write to them.

Jim Johnson
825 Marlborough Road
Marlborough, NH 03455

Elaine Alice Brown #03924-049
Carswell Federal Medical Center
P.O. Box 27137
Fort Worth, TX 76127

Edward Lewis Brown 03923-049
USP Marion
P.O. Box 1000
Marion, IL  62959

Jason Gerhard  20229-045
FCI Fairton
P.O. Box 420
Fairton, NJ  08320

Daniel John Riley #14528-052
Terre Haute FCI   
PO Box 33
Terre Haute, IN 47808

Cirino Gonzalez #76342-179
FCI El Reno
P.O. BOX 1500
El Reno, OK 73036

To send money to anyone in fedjail, send a money order to:
The Federal Bureau of Prisons
[Name + # of the inmate]
P. O. Box 474701
Des Moines, IA 50947-0001

Federal inmate locator:
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

Dave Ridley

okie i've sent 3 postcards but hope to do better and send more extensive reading material.

Tom Sawyer

She will receive your mail, if past experience proves out.

Kat Kanning

/nod, they seem to hand her her mail in almost all cases.

Kat Kanning

added info for sending money to those in fedjails

money order to:

The Federal Bureau of Prisons
[Name + # of the inmate]
P. O. Box 474701
Des Moines, IA 50947-0001

LordBaltimore

Before sending mail and money, you should always check the Bureau of Prisons database to ensure that Ed or Elaine haven't been moved. 

www.bop.gov (click on "inmate locater")

The BOP often relocates prisoners to a different and more permanent home a month or two after the initial incarceration, if Irwin Schiff, Cindy Nuen, and other recent cases are any indication.

KBCraig

Quote from: richardr on October 30, 2007, 04:03 PM NHFT
Before sending mail and money, you should always check the Bureau of Prisons database to ensure that Ed or Elaine haven't been moved.

That's true for mail, not money. The Des Moines processing center credits the money to their account no matter where they are.

Be sure to use a postal money order, not one from a convenience store. You can also go to any Western Union location and use "Quick Collect" (also available online). You'll have to supply the correct name and register number. "City Code" is "FBOP", and "State Code" is "DC".

Snail mail will usually, eventually, catch up if they've been moved. Go ahead and send cards, greetings, cheer-me-ups, etc. If it's important paperwork, you should make sure they're at their "designated location".

Kat Kanning

KB, what does the last part of their numbers mean?  I noticed both ed and elaines prisoner numbers end in 049.

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 31, 2007, 07:43 AM NHFT
KB, what does the last part of their numbers mean?  I noticed both ed and elaines prisoner numbers end in 049.

That represents the U.S. Court district where they were initially processed. (Or U.S. Marshal district, which is the same as the court districts.) NH only has one, but most states have two or more.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/district/index.html

Kat Kanning

They rejected a letter for Elaine because I didn't put her prisoner number on it.

planetaryjim

Dear Kat,

Info from Donna Van Meter's blog on Cirino:

Gonzalez, Cirino
County of Merrimack
Dept. of Corrections
314 Daniel Webster Hwy.
Boscawen, NH 03303

Should be the correct address, for now.  Until they move him or give him the diesel treatment.

Regards,

Jim

Kat Kanning

armlaw

Quote from: KBCraig on October 31, 2007, 11:33 AM NHFT

That represents the U.S. Court district where they were initially processed. (Or U.S. Marshal district, which is the same as the court districts.) NH only has one, but most states have two or more.

Last I knew, we had a federal court in Littleton, N.H. right on the Main street and if you go to 28 USC 109

skip navigation  Search Law School Search Cornell
LII / Legal Information Institutehome search sitemap donate

U.S. Code collectionmain page faq index search

TITLE 28 > PART I > CHAPTER 5 > § 109Prev | Next § 109. New Hampshire
How Current is This? New Hampshire constitutes one judicial district.
Court shall be held at Concord and Littleton. Search this title:

Notes
Updates
Parallel authorities (CFR)
PDF
Prev | Next

LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.

about us help © copyright

KBCraig

Quote from: armlaw on November 09, 2007, 09:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 31, 2007, 11:33 AM NHFT

Last I knew, we had a federal court in Littleton, N.H. right on the Main street...

But all of NH is one judicial district, as your cite notes:
TITLE 28 > PART I > CHAPTER 5 > § 109Prev | Next § 109. New Hampshire
How Current is This? New Hampshire constitutes one judicial district.

Many districts hold courts in multiple places. Eastern Texas holds court in Tyler and Texarkana (possible others). Western Arkansas holds court in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, El Dorado, Hot Springs and Texarkana. (The U.S. Courts for Texarkana AR and Texarkana TX are in the same building, which straddles the state line.)

Dave Ridley

Quote from: richardr on October 30, 2007, 04:03 PM NHFT

www.bop.gov (click on "inmate locater")

The BOP often relocates prisoners to a different and more permanent home a month or two after the initial incarceration, if Irwin Schiff, Cindy Nuen, and other recent cases are any indication.

thanks for the suggestions richard...you not planning on going constructive on us full time are you? :P