• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

RidleyReport videography class 10/13 tentative (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, October 09, 2007, 11:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I'd like to tentatively set up a small class this Saturday to teach others how they can shoot news videos the same way I do.   Since I will essentially be training my competition, I intend to charge $40 per person.

However I've been trained by the best photographers in the world and had ten years on the street learning to imitate them...so you'll get your money's worth.   Once you become a student I'll remain available to occasionally advise and help you improve.  The classes will probably always have a premium but the follow up assistance is free.

What: Videography training (tentative, stay tuned to this thread)
When: Saturday, October 13 2007.  2p - 6:30p.  Come early or stay late for additional training...just let me know beforehand.
Where:  meet at Veterans' Park, approx 700 Elm St., Manchester NH.  Right across from the gun show...which runs 9-5.  Working on a nearby backup location in case it rains or what not.  even if it's raining...go there first and you should be able to find us...maybe i will wear something obvious.
Why:  Train new people to edit in the camera and start Youtube newschannels.
How:  I will share with you the "six principals of RidleyReporting;" you will shoot practice videos on the spot, and I will show you how to do better.

Having given such short notice, I don't expect large turnout.  So you may get a chance to have more one on one training this way.  Also I will probably raise the price for the next session.

I'll have a printout which puts the basics in writing, but the real benefit will be going out and shooting something.  You learn by doing.

More later.

d_goddard

Thank you, Dave!
We can definitely use more activists producing videos like yours.
The more media that is created showing what's going on here in New Hampshire, the easier it is to sell NH to the liberty-lovers.

coffeeseven

Too short notice for me but if you plan one a little farther out I'd love to attend. I hope part of the training is how to get that one eyebrow waaaay up there.  ;D

Dave Ridley

for now my plan is to be there regardles...if no students sho up , on such short notice, I can simply hold a ron paul sign in the area....and hand out flyers to the gun show folks at the radisson.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: coffeeseven on October 10, 2007, 10:21 AM NHFT
Too short notice for me but if you plan one a little farther out I'd love to attend. I hope part of the training is how to get that one eyebrow waaaay up there.  ;D

same here, I'd like to do it later but had plans for that day.

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

A noble cause.

If I (we) lived anywhere near, I (we) would join your class.

Puke

Very cool idea. I deal with stills though.
Maybe this could be the start of a NH news agency?
The Ridley Report could have reporters all over the state to provide coverage at short notice.

Strength in numbers.

JDouglasFisher

You know what the sad part is...

I was just going to ask if you would like a "Field Corespondent" reporting live from the Ron Paul Rally in NY this Sat...

hehehe,

Dave, I would pay the money in a heartbeat, but I am what, 6 hours away minimum??

"The Nightly Free News, with Dave Ridley" Yeah, theres a youtube channel on the making, I love it...

Perhaps a book for us out-of-state FSP'ers who are slowly coming?

Fisher.

John

Dan

I will try to make it for this, but it is doubtful.  I don't think I'll be in NH till 1 or 2am Saturday.

Dave: Have you looked posting a 'copyright' for your work?  I think you'd like Creative Commons: By-Attribute license.

It means you allow others to take your work, cut it up, splice and dice it, and distribute it.  But they must give credit to you for the original content.

They have many customizable variations.   http://creativecommons.org

d_goddard

Quote from: Dan on October 11, 2007, 09:38 AM NHFT
Have you looked posting a 'copyright' for your work?  I think you'd like Creative Commons: By-Attribute license.
I think that's a very cool idea, Dan, and you should definitely consider doing it for your own videos. (hint, hint)

Quote from: JDouglasFisher on October 10, 2007, 09:30 PM NHFT
I was just going to ask if you would like a "Field Corespondent" reporting live from the Ron Paul Rally
I love that Dave always says he is "reporting for NHFree.com"
From what Kat and Russ have said earlier, pretty much anybody can honestly claim to be reporting for "NHFree.com" or the "Keene Free Press" and that they'd confirm this if asked by some "authority".

JDouglasFisher

Well,

If the general populous of the board, (esp. Russel and Kat) are cool with it, when I go Saturday to the rally, I will try my hand at reporting for NHFree.com..

I was initially just going to film, but seeing what Dave does, he makes it more fun, and thats the reason why I would like to try my hand at it..

Joe.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: JDouglasFisher on October 12, 2007, 12:18 AM NHFT
Well,

If the general populous of the board, (esp. Russel and Kat) are cool with it, when I go Saturday to the rally, I will try my hand at reporting for NHFree.com..

I was initially just going to film, but seeing what Dave does, he makes it more fun, and thats the reason why I would like to try my hand at it..

Joe.

If you spell his name correctly, he might. :D

Dave Ridley

as of now...this is still on with no changes to the who what where when why

i forsee no changes.

John

Now that I hear some folks are acting all "anti-Ridley" all of the sudden, I'll try EXTRA hard to be here!   8)  ;D   :o

Live Free or Whimper!