• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

RidleyReport videography class 10/13 tentative (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, October 09, 2007, 11:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

BTW: I'm suddenly having second thoughts of 'By-Attribute' free licensing of Dave's videos.  It would, in effect, give all rights to freestategohome to post the video that shall not be named ad-infinitum...

JDouglasFisher

Well folks, this is it, the night before I take a stab at trying to be "Like Ridley" (Like Dave doesn't sound as cool as Like Mike, so I stuck with the last name instead...)

Heres hoping that the camera gear works as intended, and that I don't make a complete ass of myself... (although NY has alot of background noise...)

And yes, as much as some of the people here are way too extreme for my tastes, I will be reporting for NHFree.com... (Cause hey, its still the coolest MSG Board on the net...)

Joe..

P.S. Anyone care to do the video editing of the raw footage if I cannot seem to figure out how it works on MS Vista?

d_goddard

Quote from: JDouglasFisher on October 13, 2007, 12:37 AM NHFT
as much as some of the people here are way too extreme for my tastes, I will be reporting for NHFree.com... (Cause hey, its still the coolest MSG Board on the net...)

My sentiments exactly :)
(except of course that I don't do "reporting" per se, but I do advertise NHFree on my flyers and blogsite)

Quote from: JDouglasFisher on October 13, 2007, 12:37 AM NHFTAnyone care to do the video editing of the raw footage if I cannot seem to figure out how it works on MS Vista?
Dave's whole Method is to avoid having to do the laborious editing process entirely. What you see is edited in-camera only. That's how he's able to upload a new video virtually every day.

Dave Ridley

JDF:  hope all went well out there

if you keep your shots under five seconds and narrate some of them... that will help
and dont shoot a whole lot.  Spend most of the time waiting for a good shot or lining one up.

Dave Ridley

dada trainded dan, and dan did good overall

however dan had better have shot another practice video or two by now or he will forget what's he's learned.

Dan

It kept me up last night thinking about what I could have shot at the party. 

A good sign of a good class is when your brain starts hardwiring the information fullltime the next day. 

If you own anything that shoots video (fancy camera's included) take Dave's class.  You learn more in an hour than a lifetime of just pointing, clicking, and erasing shots.

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Dan on October 15, 2007, 08:30 AM NHFT
It kept me up last night thinking about what I could have shot at the party. 

A good sign of a good class is when your brain starts hardwiring the information fullltime the next day. 

If you own anything that shoots video (fancy camera's included) take Dave's class.  You learn more in an hour than a lifetime of just pointing, clicking, and erasing shots.

and you will forget more of your new skills in a week than you have learned in a lifetime....if you do not go out and practice!

Dan

... I'm having visions of being abducted and forced to eat rice with 8mm tapes until I really LEARN brevity.

coffeeseven

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: John on October 12, 2007, 09:14 PM NHFT
Now that I hear some folks are acting all "anti-Ridley" all of the sudden, I'll try EXTRA hard to be here!   8)  ;D   :o

Live Free or Whimper!

How could someone be "anti-Ridley"?...must be the insane people.......oh wait....  :duh:

I am proud to be "pro-Ridley"  ;D

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

that's the amusing thing... I own no video editing software.  I just use the "moviemaker" feature on windows.