• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

MASSCANN rally

Started by d_goddard, July 24, 2007, 08:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EJinCT

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 16, 2007, 11:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: EJinCT on October 16, 2007, 11:07 AM NHFT
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but afaik, the FSP does not have any strict policies/statements regarding medicaid, civil rights, and firearm ownership, does it?

The FSP statement of intent is that the "the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property." So, no...

Thanks, that's what I had thought.

From what I have read so far, I don't see how anyone can pigeon-hole anyone associated with the FSP so easily; at least thats evident to me by the diversity of FSP posters on this BB alone.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: EJinCT on October 16, 2007, 11:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 16, 2007, 11:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: EJinCT on October 16, 2007, 11:07 AM NHFT
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but afaik, the FSP does not have any strict policies/statements regarding medicaid, civil rights, and firearm ownership, does it?

The FSP statement of intent is that the "the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property." So, no...

Thanks, that's what I had thought.

From what I have read so far, I don't see how anyone can pigeon-hole anyone associated with the FSP so easily; at least thats evident to me by the diversity of FSP posters on this BB alone.

The FSP is a "big tent" movement that accepts anyone that agrees with the above sentiment, also with the caveat they they don't plan to use violence to achieve their goals. There are, however, certain opinions you'll find to be nearly universal among freestaters—gun rights is probably the biggest, for example. You'll also find very few people who accept our current system of taxation, although some people accept that some form of taxation is necessary, the most popular forms of "acceptable" taxation being user fees and property taxes.

This is of course just my own observation; I'm not speaking for the FSP.