• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesday

Started by error, October 12, 2007, 02:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

i will be there tonight, with the oldest baby. this time i mean it!

Porcupine Realtor

Please welcome Keith and Susan from Pennsylvania; they'll be at TT on October 7th.  They are seriously thinking about moving here.  We need to make them feel welcome and help convince Susan that it's the right thing to do!

error

Quote from: Taxinator on October 06, 2008, 08:14 PM NHFT
Please welcome Keith and Susan from Pennsylvania; they'll be at TT on October 7th.  They are seriously thinking about moving here.  We need to make them feel welcome and help convince Susan that it's the right thing to do!

As if we ever wouldn't make someone feel welcome?! :)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: error on October 06, 2008, 08:16 PM NHFT

Just Mackler. :)

Jared

Quote from: error on October 06, 2008, 08:16 PM NHFT

that's one thing you guys are good at!

Mike Barskey

Alert: Watch your credit card receipts from Murphy's!

In the 2 months I've lived here - and I've gone to Taproom Tuesdays every week, I think - I've already had 2 experiences where a tip was added to my credit card when I did not add a tip to my credit card.

I don't want to open a discussion about when it's appropriate to tip on credit cards vs. cash or whether it's alright not to tip at all. I just want to suggest that it might be a good idea to keep an eye on your credit card receipts from Murphy's.

This time the server's name on the receipt is Vanessa, but I don't remember the server's name from the previous time. Last time, I asked Keith for my money back and he obliged. I will ask him for my money back this time as well, and it will be the last time I use a credit card at Murphy's.

dalebert

I prefer to tip in cash when I can, even when I pay with a card. I always put a slash through the tip line and then write in the total on the bottom line. Seems like it would be hard to alter that convincingly but I'll check. Thanx for the "tip".

Mike Barskey

Quote from: dalebert on October 22, 2008, 08:40 AM NHFT
I prefer to tip in cash when I can, even when I pay with a card.

That's an example of when I think you should be careful. You tip with cash, but they could add an additional tip to your credit card - maybe they never got the cash tip, or maybe they thought it wasn't enough, or maybe they're just stealing from you.

Quote from: dalebert on October 22, 2008, 08:40 AM NHFTI always put a slash through the tip line and then write in the total on the bottom line. Seems like it would be hard to alter that convincingly but I'll check. Thanx for the "tip".

After my first incident (where I did write in "0" (zero) on the tip line), I started additionally writing a slash through the rest of the tip line so an amount couldn't be added to the zero. I'm not sure if I had done this with the receipt from the 2nd incident, so I will be interested to see the receipt that Keith pulls!

Fluff and Stuff

I usually tip like Dale if I use a credit card.  Hmm, thanks for the tip.
Keith

Friday

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 22, 2008, 08:46 AM NHFT
After my first incident (where I did write in "0" (zero) on the tip line), I started additionally writing a slash through the rest of the tip line so an amount couldn't be added to the zero. I'm not sure if I had done this with the receipt from the 2nd incident, so I will be interested to see the receipt that Keith pulls!

Good to know.  Thanks for the warning.

error

Partly because the North American Secessionist Convention is coming to Manchester this weekend, partly because I need an excuse to drink more, and partly because some people can't make it on Tuesdays, I'm restarting Freedom Fridays, beginning this Friday, from 5 to 9 pm. You still get $2 drafts, and if you come out this weekend, you'll get to meet secessionists from all over the country. Or is it the world.

MengerFan

Quote from: error on November 13, 2008, 10:51 PM NHFT
Partly because the North American Secessionist Convention is coming to Manchester this weekend, partly because I need an excuse to drink more, and partly because some people can't make it on Tuesdays, I'm restarting Freedom Fridays, beginning this Friday, from 5 to 9 pm. You still get $2 drafts, and if you come out this weekend, you'll get to meet secessionists from all over the country. Or is it the world.

I'll be joining you on Friday 11/28.

error

Quote from: MengerFan on November 14, 2008, 01:25 AM NHFT

I'll be joining you on Friday 11/28.

Sweet! It's definitely going to be a party that night!

Friday

I'm unclear as to why you're saying secessionists from all over the country will be at Murphy's from 5 to 9, when the event schedule indicates that convention attendees will be at the Radisson bar at the same time?  Have you been in contact with Mr. Sale and he said he would encourage attendees to go to Murphy's instead?

error

No, I am encouraging certain attendees to go to Murphy's instead. :)