• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesday

Started by error, October 12, 2007, 02:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RP Republican

To answer the original question, the doormen are instructed that if they should run into someone without identification, who claims to be a regular, they are to summon the manager on duty to verify that the person is indeed a regular and legally entitled to drink alcohol.  A restaurant's regulars are its greatest asset, and all reasonable steps will be taken to protect them.  Doormen are only on duty, currently, Thursday through Saturday nights, though they will likely be added to Tuesday nights when September rolls around and the college students return.  If you come to the restaurant and feel as though you are receiving poor service from anyone, from the doormen to the servers to the bartenders, by all means ask to speak to the manager on duty, or the owner. 

To answer, in a blanket fashion, the subsequent posts, the business will continue to follow the law in all respects, and will protect the substantial investment made therein by the ownership of the business, as well as the jobs of the thirty people who work here.  Everyone has laws they'd like to see changed, and by all means everyone may agitate for those laws to be altered as they see fit.  However, it is not reasonable to ask this business to violate or ignore the law in furtherance of anyone's agenda - regardless of the merits of said agenda.  If you wish to see that happen, you are urged to pool your own funds with others willing to take the risk, ignore the law at your own personal peril, and see how that works out.  Best of luck in doing so. 

highline

Keith is operating his business in a very responsible manner. His safeguards are completely reasonable and anything less would be highly questionable.

Even though I suppose I am a regular I have no objection to showing my ID every time I enter. It takes what... 5 seconds?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: RP Republican on May 31, 2008, 03:32 PM NHFT
To answer the original question, the doormen are instructed that if they should run into someone without identification, who claims to be a regular, they are to summon the manager on duty to verify that the person is indeed a regular and legally entitled to drink alcohol.  A restaurant's regulars are its greatest asset, and all reasonable steps will be taken to protect them.  Doormen are only on duty, currently, Thursday through Saturday nights, though they will likely be added to Tuesday nights when September rolls around and the college students return.  If you come to the restaurant and feel as though you are receiving poor service from anyone, from the doormen to the servers to the bartenders, by all means ask to speak to the manager on duty, or the owner. 

Thanks for the reply and clarification. That's more or less what I hoped would be the response—that if the doorman doesn't recognize me, that he'd check with one of the people who've worked there longer who will.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: highline on May 31, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
Even though I suppose I am a regular I have no objection to showing my ID every time I enter. It takes what... 5 seconds?

Not the point, though.

I make it a point to minimally comply with the laws I disagree with—if I comply at all with them >:D—and so I only carry my State-issued drivers license with me while driving. (I walk to Murphy's.)

dalebert

I left my brand new Anarchy In Your Head stamper on an outside table last night- the 2nd one from the parking lot. There were a lot of porcs in that area when I left so I'm hoping someone picked it up. It was in a small cardboard box. Any luck? I'm going to call Murphy's and see if it's in a lost and found.

Free libertarian

Quote from: ny2nh on May 22, 2008, 05:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 22, 2008, 03:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 22, 2008, 01:22 PM NHFT
If it's not realistic to either eliminate the regulation completely, or get the "right" people onto the commission, then at least they need to be stripped of their power to revoke liquor licenses without cause. That arbitrary power is what was behind the earlier dust-up at Murphy's and seems to be what keeps everyone going out of their way to please the liquor commission.

This is the power that was used to shut down Omega - the nightclub occupying that space before.

Omega deserved to be shut down. They served minors on many occasions, there were endless incidences of violence in and around the place, they weren't paying the landlord their rent, etc. IMO, closing Omega was a huge improvement for Manchester.

Since you're against serving alcohol to people under 21 and think things should be shut down if they are too violent... please tell the Marines to send my son home from the middle east, he's 20, old enough to be invited to kill people but not old enough to drink in this state. Figure that one out.   

Kat Kanning

I heard the middle east had several instances of violence too...maybe it should be shut down.

Porcupine Realtor

Please welcome my friend Gene, an Irishman from Las Vegas; he'll be there tonight at TT (June 24).  I'm trying to persuade him to move to the Free State.  He has signed the SOI.  Like most of you he loves history, guns, and beer.
Mark

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Quote from: Taxinator on June 24, 2008, 11:48 AM NHFT
Please welcome my friend Gene, an Irishman from Las Vegas; he'll be there tonight at TT (June 24).  I'm trying to persuade him to move to the Free State.  He has signed the SOI.  Like most of you he loves history, guns, and beer.
Mark

I am tempted to get in me car right now.

Hope everyone has a great time.

doobie

Quick question....last week when I was at Murphy's during the Celtics game I was told Keith was getting flack for open carrying and he asked us not to...  I thought the policy was if you are drinking don't OC.  Did it change or did the person think I was drinking when I wasn't?  I'm horrible with names so I don't recall who it was who said it to me.

Atlas

Quote from: doobie on June 25, 2008, 02:33 PM NHFT
Quick question....last week when I was at Murphy's during the Celtics game I was told Keith was getting flack for open carrying and he asked us not to... 
I know it's not my place to say, but it would be nice if Keith manned-up and told the whiners: the Law is the Law ;D OC that is. Or, he could tell them that the OCers are his bouncers--as in he could give anyone who OCs a sticker signifying security. That should shut the whiners up...

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: doobie on June 25, 2008, 02:33 PM NHFT
Quick question....last week when I was at Murphy's during the Celtics game I was told Keith was getting flack for open carrying and he asked us not to...  I thought the policy was if you are drinking don't OC.  Did it change or did the person think I was drinking when I wasn't?  I'm horrible with names so I don't recall who it was who said it to me.

That's the same as I thought. I haven't heard anything's changed.

MikeforLiberty

I'll be stopping by on the 15th on my way to Burning Porc.

Cheers!

dalebert

Quote from: IthacaLA on July 08, 2008, 07:40 AM NHFT
I'll be stopping by on the 15th on my way to Burning Porc.

Nice avatar!