• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I need a Shire drivers license

Started by Russell Kanning, October 13, 2007, 08:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Puke on October 17, 2007, 03:19 PM NHFT
Here is version two. If you plan to use this Russell please let me e-mail you the un-compressed version. It will look much better.

yes I will use it ... please send the good version.

Puke

I don't know how big it will be when printed out. The full size image is 8 inches by 5 inches I think.
I have never designed anything that was meant to be printed out at a specific size.

Puke

I sent a JPEG and the Photoshop file your way.
Let me know if it doesn't work properly.
I have never e-mailed a .psd file before and I'm not certain if it will work.

Russell Kanning

windows and the gimp cannot open either file I downloaded ... might be one of those download snafus

David

penguins4me

Regarding:
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 17, 2007, 09:15 PM NHFT
windows and the gimp cannot open either file I downloaded ... might be one of those download snafus

Puke, would it be possible to use Photoshop to save the file in a non-destructive compressed (or not) format - I'm thinking one of those odd formats no one ever seems to use, such as TIFF or maybe even BMP. That way Russell could open it with the GIMP, too.

error

Quote from: penguins4me on October 18, 2007, 07:04 AM NHFT
Puke, would it be possible to use Photoshop to save the file in a non-destructive compressed (or not) format - I'm thinking one of those odd formats no one ever seems to use, such as TIFF or maybe even BMP. That way Russell could open it with the GIMP, too.

You mean like PNG?

Puke

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I use an Apple?

I'm not very familiar with different file types so I might be screwing up on my end. 
But I can and will try to save it as a PNG.

elf

Quote from: Puke on October 18, 2007, 02:47 PM NHFT
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I use an Apple?

I'm not very familiar with different file types so I might be screwing up on my end. 
But I can and will try to save it as a PNG.

Mac OS and Windows aren't compatible, Puke.  I want one of those Shire licenses. 
Will pay whatever.   I'd rather support the shire folk than the robber barons at the DMV. 

David

I think I would like to jump on that wagon too, and get me an Id from the puke man.  Will pay of course.  I'll have to have a nice picture taken of me holding a sign saying something about bad law, and that they should be disobeyed.  Maybe one of these sundays.  If you are still doing them, and are not too expensive. 

Kat Kanning

Puke made the file for Russell, and we printed it and laminated it ourselves.

David

Maybe I can get Laurens signature on the back affirming that I can in fact drive in a safe manner.   ;D  Of course she will have to actually observe me driving. 

Russell Kanning

I love my new license ... it is a conversation piece .... it might be a good luck charm too ... no cops have asked to see it yet ... only friends. :)

Puke

I forgot to ask to see the real one last time we were in person.  :duh: Maybe next time.

If you want a DL from me (File only I don't have a laminator or the like.) send me a PM with a picture (The bigger the better.) and what you want on the DL.

Even better would be to send me an e-mail from the link on this page - http://web.mac.com/jschmill/iWeb/Welcome/About%20Me.html

Russell Kanning

we made mine about the right size and used one of those 3x5 sized laminator pockets from walmart