• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Road Runner Turbo

Started by FTL_Ian, October 13, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

They aren't advertising it, but the upstream bandwidth on Road Runner Turbo is currently 1 Mbps here in Keene!  Is up to 8 downstream.  All this for only 10 bucks more per month!

I am a very happy customer!   8)

Mike Barskey

So what's the total monthly charge for a RoadRunner Turbo account? Thanks.

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

I always made a point of asking them to compete better with Verizon (768k upstream) when I spoke with Time Warner on the phone... looks like they did it!   8)

Mike Barskey

This is good news - I need good high speed internet (I work from home) when I move there. Thanks for the info.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Mike in CA on October 14, 2007, 12:15 AM NHFT
This is good news - I need good high speed internet (I work from home) when I move there. Thanks for the info.

Yes indeed.  Relatively slow broadband speeds were one of my only gripes when I moved to Keene.  That problem has now been solved.

David

;D 8)  Wait till fiber optics moves in.   ;D

FTL_Ian

Quote from: David on October 15, 2007, 11:12 PM NHFT
;D 8)  Wait till fiber optics moves in.   ;D

I don't get the feeling that will be happening in Keene for a while.  I would really like to be wrong on that, however. 

Mike Barskey

I switched from cable (5Mbps down, 1.5Mbps up) to FiOS (15Mbps down, 3Mbps up) where I live now, and it is definitely faster, but I am not convinced that Verizon isn't doing some traffic shaping. It seems that sometimes - or maybe some activities, like video - I get slower speeds. But if I do a speedtest right then, it shows the full contracted speed.

David

It will prolly be a few years at the soonest.  It is already in parts of Nashua.