• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Union Leader: Blurring the borders

Started by shyfrog, October 14, 2007, 01:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

error

shyfrog

the term "Nanny State" was used 4 times in negative context (is there any other context?) in that article.

This is definitely a good boost for the FSP and other liberty groups :)

KBCraig

8)

I recognized two Freester names: Lou, obviously, plus William Albenzi. I don't know if Dennis Herrick is an FSP mover, or a native supporter.

Did I miss any other names?

Rocketman

Russell Kanning

slimpickens

I wonder if it might be orchestrated  to counteract FSPers. the down side is , they already have allies in the gov. while we have to swim upstream against the state/fed agenda of a welfare state. 

quote from article:
Plenty of folks blame Massachusetts transplants for new problems they see facing New Hampshire, such as crime, traffic and even rudeness. Many bemoaned the rise of a "nanny state" mentality and newcomers' demands for local services that push taxes up.

KBCraig

I made a comment pointing out that the Free Staters are moving to counteract the massholes. Not in so many words, but the thought is the same. ;)

CNHT

Dennis is our buddy from PorcFest, at least 2005 and 2006

I am sick of people who charge that you recent transplants came to ruin the state --- when you've come to
'preserve' it and make it better as Lou stated.

It's the Massachusetts-mentality people who have come here to 'change our state' and are the ones who we'd like to see get lost.
You never hear about that, but I suspect you will now.

:)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: slimpickens on October 14, 2007, 11:42 AM NHFT
I wonder if it might be orchestrated  to counteract FSPers. the down side is , they already have allies in the gov. while we have to swim upstream against the state/fed agenda of a welfare state. 

quote from article:
Plenty of folks blame Massachusetts transplants for new problems they see facing New Hampshire, such as crime, traffic and even rudeness. Many bemoaned the rise of a "nanny state" mentality and newcomers' demands for local services that push taxes up.
I think you have it backwards.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: slimpickens on October 14, 2007, 11:42 AM NHFT

quote from article:

I was wondering about this myself. Too much of a conspiracy theory without hard evidence, but after reading about groups like the Fabian Society, whenever I see collectivist politics start to slowly creep up in a new place, I have to wonder...

bill rose

i hate the union leader when i ran for aldermen last term
they refused to print what i had to say in the voter ed section
they just said i did not respond unbelievable
read the express and the hippo even support them
by taking out an add supporting liberties it is very cheap i ran a
question911.com ad last week for only 8 dollars and every day they ran it
we need to bring that kind of grass root activity to the underground

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: bill rose on October 23, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT
i hate the union leader when i ran for aldermen last term
they refused to print what i had to say in the voter ed section
they just said i did not respond unbelievable
read the express and the hippo even support them
by taking out an add supporting liberties it is very cheap i ran a
question911.com ad last week for only 8 dollars and every day they ran it
we need to bring that kind of grass root activity to the underground

Maybe you forgot to use punctuation, so the UL staff had a hell of a time reading it.  ;) Face it, they just don't have time for that much editing....  ;D

CNHT

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on October 23, 2007, 05:51 PM NHFT
Maybe you forgot to use punctuation, so the UL staff had a hell of a time reading it.  ;) Face it, they just don't have time for that much editing....  ;D

God, Rosie, I love your sense of humor! :rofl:

Old Iron

What's wrong here guys is  .. You are  judging the messenger.. And knot the message .
Yes! He cant speeelell ,,, but its knot a CRIME! ...And they have the money for grammatical era's !
Hey  I thought use...guys..  Libertarian ?  wow.. Who'd da thunk it !
;)