• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Insider ... should be NH ad hominem

Started by shyfrog, October 14, 2007, 03:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/nhinsider/vpost?id=2193120&trail=50#45

Here are some doozies from the last comment  ::)

"many of his fellow Free Staters are exactly like that which has been exposed here: anti-government extremists with very odd views of society."

"it's not 'freedom,' it's 'anarchy.'"

"they have a rosy and ahistorical view of that document, and in fact the Constitution was a coersive measure to get the 13 independent states under the Articles of Confederation to pay federal taxes."

"the right to do as one pleases, damning the consequenses."

and my  ::) favorite line...

"As long as we live in a society with one another, we must surrender up some of our rights"

Puke

Quote from: shyfrog on October 14, 2007, 03:24 PM NHFT
"As long as we live in a society with one another, we must surrender up some of our rights"

You first then...

shyfrog

Quote from: Puke on October 14, 2007, 03:35 PM NHFT

You first then...

The guy in the photo MUST feel very safe knowing he's being taken care of so nicely by the nice law enforcement people in that picture. And his neighbors...they must feel really safe too *nods* Makes me wanna give up my rights this instant so I can feel that safe too.

/end dripping sarcasm

EJinCT

The sheer amount of ignorance is laughable.

I want to know what substance they are ingesting and where I can get some.  ;D

J’raxis 270145

This is unfortunately a paraphrase of the New Hampshire state constitution:—

[Art.] 3. [Society, its Organization and Purposes.] When men enter into a state of society, they surrender up some of their natural rights to that society, in order to ensure the protection of others; and, without such an equivalent, the surrender is void.

Remember, New Hampshire may be the freest state in the country but it's still a state, as in "the State."

EthanAllen

what natural rights do we give up?

all we do is cede authority in empowering governance to have a monopoly on force within a given territory.

the force is narrowly constituted only to be used to protect life, liberty and labor-based property.

the law of the jungle would require too much effort to protect oneself against others to be able to sustain ourselves..

lildog

Quote from: EthanAllen on October 14, 2007, 07:27 PM NHFT

Right to breed?  Something about women having to consent... damn women's rights  ;)

Seriously though, no clue.

ThePug

Quote from: EthanAllen on October 14, 2007, 07:27 PM NHFT

all we do is cede authority in empowering governance to have a monopoly on force within a given territory.

the force is narrowly constituted only to be used to protect life, liberty and labor-based property.

the law of the jungle would require too much effort to protect oneself against others to be able to sustain ourselves..

What's all this talk of "we" doing anything? You got a frog in your pocket?

shyfrog