• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Offically done with nay sayers...I've got to get this off my chest.

Started by RattyDog, October 15, 2007, 12:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

I was originally going to set up a forum at the manchfreepress.com site for us involved in the project to discuss things. Want me to set this up now?

RattyDog

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 15, 2007, 02:54 PM NHFT
I was originally going to set up a forum at the manchfreepress.com site for us involved in the project to discuss things. Want me to set this up now?

Yes please.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: RattyDog on October 15, 2007, 02:53 PM NHFT
Yeah, I deleted them just to sort of...start fresh I guess. I don't know, I like how a couple of other members here clear out their posts every once in a while and start over....at least that's what I've heard, it just feels like a good idea because of the number of people outside this community who read the boards.

Ah. I didn't know anyone did that. Michael deletes his account and recreates it every once in a while. That way his old posts stay around but become disassociated with his account. They can still be found, but not all at once by just clicking on his profile. I don't think anything you've ever written on here is something to worry about. I hate it when people delete posts because not only do the gaps make trying to read through old threads difficult, but everything on this board is sort of an archive/history of our movement.

Quote from: RattyDog on October 15, 2007, 02:55 PM NHFT

Yes please.

I'll set up an SMF install sometime tonight. I'm actually talking to Arc at the moment about the apps he's going to develop for the public site for us.

dalebert

I think I must have missed something. I know Russell favors a different style of paper than Natalie and has said so on several occasions, but I didn't realize he had said something hurtful or offensive.

I probably lean in Russell's direction when it comes to core beliefs but I think if someone is already a liberty-lover, they will come around. Heavy-handed tactics rarely work. I'm a big fan of not censoring myself when I have a message just to make the recipient more receptive to my message. I think if a message is both truthful and shocking, then it sinks in and sticks around. The cognitive dissonance grows and they remember what you said and begin to look at it differently as they are exposed to more and more information.

That said, I have many outlets for my speech and I'm looking forward to the opportunity of the MFP. I'll never lie about my true beliefs but I can sort of pick and choose what I talk about and what I choose to address in a cartoon or an article submission. It will have to meet the approval of the paper anyway. If I'm working for the MFP, I need to think in terms of giving them what THEY want. If something is just too much or not quite the style of the MFP, I can always use it in my own stuph like the website I'm working on getting up right now: AnarchyInYourHead.COM (plug, hehe). You can visit it and bookmark it now btw. There's a "Coming Soon" place-holder there.

So I don't want to take sides in this discussion and I don't think any of us should. Our enemies really want us to fight amongst ourselves and breed distrust. Let's foil their plans!

GROUP HUG!

RattyDog

I appreciate the phone calls and the Pm's very much, thank you, everyone, for your support.

I want to clarify that I wasn't trying to whine, here...I was trying to vent my frustration at the tendency within this group of people to sort of judge what other people are doing in the way of activism and also this judging of "how free" someone is living...we should just stop doing that. Right now.

The truth is, everyone here is doing something. That's enough. That's all we really need to care about. We have Dave Ridley, doing fucking awesome reports and being handsome, we have Kat and Russ doing an awesome paper and being rockin' activist around the state, Menno and Lauren and Jim are always fighting for liberty hardcore, we have Jane, Tammy, Matt, Phil, Keith, Kate...all sorts of people trying to make a difference on a political level. We've got Lauri and Jeremy working on Sex Offender Laws, Ron selling Liberty in the form of silver...man, we've got soooo many people here covering sooo many forms of activism. Our bases are covered...if we're not holding signs, we're writing LTE's, if not that, we're at the state house if not that, we're running for office in our ward....you see what I am saying? We're all doing such kick ass stuff...it just detracts so much from the spirit of all of this when we're picking at each other and pretending that one form of activism trumps another. We've got enough forces on the outside of this trying to tear us down...we need to lift each other up higher. There are so many people around us who would love to see us fail....we will fail if we can't work together...we cannot fail if we stand united.

A lot of us are doing our best to be awesome activists...and we're doing it while running our own lives, too. We've got kids, spouses, jobs, bills, family emergencies, all sorts of things going on....but we make an effort to be more free and to bring the liberty message to many people in our communities. We fucking rock for that. Seriously...never forget how many people go through an entire day, week, month or year...without thinking, even one time, that they;d like to help make a change. Everyone here thinks that every day. We're doing an awesome job.

So, yeah, I wasn't trying to whine or be bitchy....I just wanted to say: I love you guys, I have so much respect for all of you and the different ways in which you've chosen to be active....when I hear words of encouragement and support from you people, it makes me feel like I could do anything, I feel so strong when I think about all of us fighting this fight together...when I get little pot shots and mean comments, it makes me feel like this is not a united group and that makes this fight feel all the more uphill! So......let's be freakin super hero liberty fighters, let's not forget that we're a big huge liberty loving team. I know some of you gruff libertarians out there are grossed out by my warm and fuzzies...get over it. The thing that makes this movement great is that every mind here is plugged in to the same thought...it's fucking beautiful and it makes us a team...and teams hug.

So....come on...

:grouphug:

Pat K

We all have our faults, mine are legion.
Some times even when we know about
them we can't seem to stop them.

So I try not to let things that some folks
say or do,who are otherwise good annoy me.

If you see me smiling with a glazed dumb look
on my face , when something that is obviously
annoying is being said, it is because I have hit
the internal ignore button.

It even plays a little song when I hit it,
Zippity do da Zippity A  my oh my oh............

Feel free to try it .
Course ya can substitute any song you like. ;D

Disclaimer= This doesn't always work, as anyone who has
witnessed my sometimes explosive outbursts, can testify.

It's a 65.7 percent sort of thing.

CNHT

I think I had a discussion with Ratty about this business of the naysayers early on. She gave me some good advice on how to deal with them.

Now I think she has to take her own advice. (which was likely one of the posts deleted)

This is always the way it is -- no matter how much good you are doing, there will always be someone casting aspersions on you, for whatever reason, and you've just got to let it roll off.

Last January right after the first of the year I got a phone call from his Congressional Office in DC asking me if could gather up any people to meet Ron Paul. His aide then turned me over to the Chairman of the campaign exploratory committee and we planned and executed a house party that raised the first $17K from NH. And people there were people pissed at me then for doing that.. Does this make sense? Go figure!

Now I look back and think, what if I had said no?  :(

There will always be someone who finds fault with you, no matter what you do, ALWAYS!

Tune 'em all out Ratty. They don't matter.

Puke

We are a bunch of very opinionated people. This shit is bound to happen.

Maybe a day or two away from the boards would help?
But what the fuck do I know? I don't do empathy so well.

RattyDog

Quote from: Puke on October 15, 2007, 04:01 PM NHFT

I am officially in love with you.  :icon_pirat:

error

Quote from: RattyDog on October 15, 2007, 04:06 PM NHFT

DAMN! Another one slips through my fingers... ;)

Kat Kanning

shyfrog

I will rule you ALL with an IRON fist!

You there! OBEY the fist!

Lloyd Danforth

You should include Russell in this.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: RattyDog on October 15, 2007, 04:06 PM NHFT

What can I do to get this status?

Rochelle

I would love to contribute to the Manch Free Press, but at the moment, I think I'm waiting for more time (if I were to write for it) and to see what kind of paper it will turn out to be first. I don't think I would be interested in it if it turned out to be a lot like the Keene Free Press. Too biased, really :P.

But I'm following this project with interest.

Take care of yourself, RattyDog! Remember, you (and your baby!) come first....everyone else comes after that :)