• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warning to ladies on this board

Started by Kat Kanning, October 16, 2007, 08:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

In the last couple of months I've had several reports (and experienced it myself) of ladies on this board being sent abusive/weird/creepy/slightly threatening PMs.  Both of the people sending these messages have portrayed hemselves as being very nice/helpful in public and then were sending weird/nasty stuff in private.  I don't know why this is happening, but if you feel uneasy about messages you're receiving, please feel free to send them on to me, and I'll see if I can make it stop.  There's a "Report Message" feature on the PM to allow you to send them to a moderator.  Please don't feel like you have to put up with abusive language or anything else making you uneasy, especially from these strangers that just appear on our board.

Kat Kanning

I forgot to mention:  it helps if you just don't reply to the PMs.

Tom Sawyer

Sorry to hear about creeps bothering the ladies.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 16, 2007, 08:43 AM NHFT
In the last couple of months I've had several reports (and experienced it myself) of ladies on this board being sent abusive/weird/creepy/slightly threatening PMs.  Both of the people sending these messages have portrayed hemselves as being very nice/helpful in public and then were sending weird/nasty stuff in private.  I don't know why this is happening, but if you feel uneasy about messages you're receiving, please feel free to send them on to me, and I'll see if I can make it stop.  There's a "Report Message" feature on the PM to allow you to send them to a moderator.  Please don't feel like you have to put up with abusive language or anything else making you uneasy, especially from these strangers that just appear on our board.

Thanks Kat! :)

EJinCT

Wow, I'm surprised this has happened here; though I guess I shouldn't be.

If there is any escalation into first-hand encounters of this nature, I'm sure there are a few of us that will step up and help.  ;)

Men like that only make it harder for the rest of us.  >:(

Sorry Ladies.  8)

Rosie the Riveter

Would you please "out" the offenders by posting their usernames/board names in this thread? I would like to know who they are so that I do not communicate with them at all.

Puke

dEadERest

Jared

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on October 16, 2007, 02:34 PM NHFT
Would you please "out" the offenders by posting their usernames/board names in this thread? I would like to know who they are so that I do not communicate with them at all.

good idea.

Kat Kanning

Actually, the two "offenders" were portraying themselves as women.  Who knows if they really are.

Puke

I new it wasn't me when I read this.
"...portrayed hemselves as being very nice/helpful in public..."

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 16, 2007, 04:30 PM NHFT
Actually, the two "offenders" were portraying themselves as women.  Who knows if they really are.

Now I got the creeps.  :P  

;D

I was thinking that because of situations like this maybe one way for people to help spare others from also stepping into a problem is to PM other friends in your social network and let them know what is going on.

Gossip is often thought of in negative terms... but it is really social intelligence if done judiciously.

Kat once voiced concern about someone's behavior to us and potentially prevented a problem from developing. (Thanks)

Puke

Hard to believe, but this internet thing is full of freaks!

Tom Sawyer