• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

R U StoOpid?

Started by alphaniner, October 17, 2007, 03:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

I think the Betty one was based on the relative age difference between siblings, and when people marry. So 10 years apart is OK but not 30, and you don't usually marry at 12. I think I was 12% stupid.

Did any of you have a stupid test in grade school where there is a list of 30 or so actions (signing your name, arithmetic, folding the paper, etc.)? At the end is an instruction to ignore all the preceding tasks and just sign your name. The "lesson" was always to read through the entire list first before starting. I thought it was a stupid lesson.

Lasse

I feel like the smiley I picked.

This one :BangHead: Can't stand this kind of stuff.

QuoteOverall, you scored as follows:

76% scored higher (more stupid),
4% scored the same, and
20% scored lower (less stupid).

You are 20% stupid.

KBCraig

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 18, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFT
What about the Betty question how old is her sister's husband?  That one is so confusing.

"Jan is twice as old as her sister Betty, but half of Joe's age. Betty just got married. How old is Joe most likely to be?"

The choices are 8, 16, 44, 60, 84.

If Jan is half Joe's age, then Joe is twice as old as Jan. Jan is twice as old as Betty. That means Joe is four times Betty's age.

If Betty just got married, and Joe is four times Betty's age, then how old is Joe likely to be? Since Betty is one fourth Joe's age, and of marrying age, then the first three choice are obviously out (Betty would have to be 2, 4, or 11). It's possible Joe could be 60 (making Betty 15), but far more likely that he's 84 (making Betty 21).

alphaniner

Quote from: Puke on October 18, 2007, 03:31 PM NHFTThis test makes me angry.  >:(

I didn't mean to make anybody angry. :sad1:
Humble apologies to Puke, Lasee, Beth, Rainey, David, and all others who may have incurred emotional damage as a result of taking this test. :hug45:

alphaniner

Quote from: toowm on October 18, 2007, 04:05 PM NHFTDid any of you have a stupid test in grade school where there is a list of 30 or so actions (signing your name, arithmetic, folding the paper, etc.)? At the end is an instruction to ignore all the preceding tasks and just sign your name. The "lesson" was always to read through the entire list first before starting. I thought it was a stupid lesson.

I had something like that, but the 'just sign your name' part was in the instructions at the very beginning.  I still 'failed.'  I actually felt like it was a valuable lesson, and I was more prone to read instructions after that.  For tests anyway.  Skip ahead about 20 years to this summer when I was prepping my deck to be re-stained.  I didn't read the instructions and it cost me about $20 bucks in wasted chemicals and 2 days' worth of work.

David

Quote from: Puke on October 18, 2007, 03:31 PM NHFT
I don't have time for that math shit.
The smiley question is just insane. How the fuck do you answer that correctly?

This test makes me angry.  >:(
There is a reason this test was place in the humor section of the board.  Maybe a slight overreaction on your part?  >:D
The math stuff was hard, but I don't quite know how I got such a low score.  My pride was damaged, but it might have been too high in the first place anyway.   ;D

Jim Johnson

Quote from: David on October 19, 2007, 12:06 AM NHFT

There is a reason this test was place in the humor section of the board.  Maybe a slight overreaction on your part?  >:D
The math stuff was hard, but I don't quite know how I got such a low score.  My pride was damaged, but it might have been too high in the first place anyway.   ;D

The test was created to make you feel stupid.   :fryingpan: 

error

Hey, I'm stupid and I passed!

Pat McCotter

At the beginning of the test there was a warning:

=========================================================
WARNING! This test contains TRICK QUESTIONS, and if you don't catch them, you may be called stupid! If you cannot bear the thought of being called stupid or dumb then please leave.
=========================================================

Beth221

toowm

Lloyd Danforth

Either way, appears  like we're look'in at Therepy, here

Raineyrocks

Quote from: alphaniner on October 18, 2007, 12:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 18, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFTSchool is cool you know! You should check it out.

If we're gonna rate the test, I think that right there counts for at least 25% stupid.

I guess I'm one of those eggheads who is supposed to shut up, but since nobody has actually told me to yet... :crazy3:

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 18, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFTWhat about the Betty question how old is her sister's husband?

What I did was divide the possible answers for Joe's age by four to find Betty's age, which came to either 2, 4, 11, 15, or 21.  Since she just got married, I figured 21 was the best bet, so I said Joe is 84.

That quote was on the website about school is cool, I copied and pasted it along with my sucky score.   Arrrggg!  I still don't understand the Joe question but thanks for trying to explain. :BangHead:

Raineyrocks

Yeah! :occasion14:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: toowm on October 18, 2007, 04:05 PM NHFT
I think the Betty one was based on the relative age difference between siblings, and when people marry. So 10 years apart is OK but not 30, and you don't usually marry at 12. I think I was 12% stupid.

Did any of you have a stupid test in grade school where there is a list of 30 or so actions (signing your name, arithmetic, folding the paper, etc.)? At the end is an instruction to ignore all the preceding tasks and just sign your name. The "lesson" was always to read through the entire list first before starting. I thought it was a stupid lesson.

Wow, you got a good score!  I will never understand the damn Betty thing, thanks anyway!   Yes, I did have that test and I think I passed that one. ::)