• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

new civil disobedience project?

Started by traveler, June 14, 2005, 09:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Quote from: Rocketman on June 15, 2005, 07:24 AM NHFT
QuoteMaybe we should sell your guys beer to underage people everywhere....sales could soar.

Ha, spoken like a true (staunch) libertarian.? ?;D

Actually, I can announce that two of our beers (currently referred to as Porcupine Pale and Porcupine Gold) will be available at PorcFest in limited supply.

What, no Shorty Dawkins Brown Ale?  ;)

JonM

traveler

The point of this exercise,and all our projects,I would think,would be to demonstrate that government interference in our lives is wrong and unconstitutional.Be it drug laws,licensing laws or prohibitions on travel.We need to show the 'citizens' just how much the gov. regulates our everyday lives .It seems,with the short media attention spans,that our project must be 'in your face' or else no one will pay attention.People should not think that we are breaking laws,just to break laws.We are doing it to say 'hey,look how silly this law is'.If I was very ill and the only way for me to have quality of life was to use a heavily regulated or illegal medicine,I would not let the law stop me from using that medication.The point being that I should not have to ask the government if it was okay with them that I have a life worth living,free from pain and misery.The State wants to harm me for doing something that harms no one and possibly extends my life.'Life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness'.What the hell happened?

JonM

If it's illegal to sell alcohol to a minor, is it also illegal to sell the raw components of alcohol with instructions to a minor?

Picture a box full of malt, hops, yeast and some water labeled "Beer, some assembly required."

AlanM

Quote from: JonM on June 15, 2005, 09:24 AM NHFT
If it's illegal to sell alcohol to a minor, is it also illegal to sell the raw components of alcohol with instructions to a minor?

It shouldn't be. The components of beer for instance are readily available with no restrictions. Instructions for beer-making can be found on-line or in Libraries.

KBCraig

Quote from: JonM on June 15, 2005, 09:24 AM NHFT

Picture a box full of malt, hops, yeast and some water labeled "Beer, some assembly required."

During Prohibition, Blue Ribbon malt could be found in grocery stores, with this label: "Warning: do not mix the contents of this can with x, y, z, which will make beer, which is illegal."

Kevin

FTL_Ian

LOL!  Finally, a useful warning label!

Pat K

Quote from: AlanM on June 15, 2005, 07:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: Rocketman on June 15, 2005, 07:24 AM NHFT
QuoteMaybe we should sell your guys beer to underage people everywhere....sales could soar.

Ha, spoken like a true (staunch) libertarian.? ?;D

Actually, I can announce that two of our beers (currently referred to as Porcupine Pale and Porcupine Gold) will be available at PorcFest in limited supply.

What, no Shorty Dawkins Brown Ale?? ;)

I think I love you guys.BEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR wohoooooooooooo!

danhynes

NH doesnt even allow medical marijuana. You should start there. But it just went to vote last year and failed.