• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy in your Head Web Comics

Started by dalebert, October 20, 2007, 04:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

My new site is finally up. ...ugh. The plan is to have a new cartoon every week. It may even have some short animations occasionally.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com

The site will under go a lot of changes. I plan to tailor it but I wanted to get it up and get an entry about Lauren's kidnapping up as soon as possible. I'm finding that most of the Wordpress themes don't work with a wide image (my cartoons). The only one that doesn't seem to lose all the formatting from an image of that size so far seems to be an old theme from an old version of Wordpress, but it'll do for now.

Puke

I'm getting a "Coming Soon" page.  :(

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on October 20, 2007, 06:17 PM NHFT
I'm getting a "Coming Soon" page.  :(

I discovered a new bug right after I posted this but it was fixed soon after. You just loaded the page too quickly. :) Check it again and you should see the blog now.

les nessman

The Lauren cartoon really cuts to the heart of the issue.

:clap:

Rochelle

Dale, some help with the German:

you can just  say "Ihre Ausweis, bitte!" (your Id, please!) or "Zeigen Sie mir Ihre Ausweis!" (Command form, exclamation points are mandatory!)

I'm bookmarking your blog :)

Lasse

Quote from: Rochelle on October 21, 2007, 06:20 AM NHFT

you can just  say "Ihre Ausweis, bitte!" (your Id, please!) or "Zeigen Sie mir Ihre Ausweis!" (Command form, exclamation points are mandatory!)

If you just write 'Papieren, bitte' it won't need any translation, either. ;)

Tom Sawyer

8) Dalebert

Creating content is one of the best things we can do. It makes Lauren's sacrifice (almost) worth it and will continue to inspire people long after she is released.

Well done illustration. And thanks for linking to my anti-Real ID video.

EJinCT

Quote from: Lasse on October 21, 2007, 06:27 AM NHFT

Not everyone understands Deutsch.  ;)

+1 Dale, Keep it up.  8)

Lasse

Quote from: EJinCT on October 21, 2007, 07:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lasse on October 21, 2007, 06:27 AM NHFT

Not everyone understands Deutsch.  ;)

+1 Dale, Keep it up.  8)

No, but that expression is simple enough for most to get it. Or..?

EJinCT

Quote from: Lasse on October 21, 2007, 07:58 AM NHFT

No, but that expression is simple enough for most to get it. Or..?

I think you give most too much credit.  lol

Actually, I think the Deutsch isn't even needed. The nazi uniform takes care of that.

error

I understand both "Papieren, bitte!" and "Ausweis, bitte!"

J’raxis 270145

I also think "Papers, please!" (in English) is recognizable enough to most Americans as a Nazi allusion.

dalebert

Quote from: Sarah on October 21, 2007, 07:57 AM NHFT
There's a link you might find appropriate to add, once you make a linklist.  It's my web entry for NHU: 

http://theanarchistalternative.org 

I couldn't get this site to open. Is this a temporary problem?

dalebert

Quote from: Rochelle on October 21, 2007, 06:20 AM NHFT

Fixed, but I left off "please" and "bitte".

Thanx!

srqrebel

Great site, Dale!  I've added it to my favorites. +1 for your much needed efforts!

How about including the text of Kat's very well articulated KFP article (posted in the Lauren thread)... or at least a link to it.  The public desperately needs to be exposed to the hard-hitting sentiments expressed in that article.