• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy in your Head Web Comics

Started by dalebert, October 20, 2007, 04:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Good idea. I think pretty soon I'll order up another batch of cards that are specifically promotional rather than personal cards. Like, they won't have my personal phone number on them. Maybe they'll have another cute cartoon on them, hopefully better than the existing one. Of course they need the new logo too.

Oh, and I just had another thought. I need to rotate out little snapshots of different cartoon characters on my signature to keep it sort of fresh and attention getting along with changes to the date. Maybe that can be an alternative signature in case some that's too much for some people or some forum restrictions. It might be just a little bit thicker than the current one.

K. Darien Freeheart

Now that the FSM has sent the ABM to purgatory, will we see another one of the Iron Fist's inner posse make an appearance? I think a lot of people might be interested in seeing the Terrorism Boogeyman playing around in an airport while 74-year old Holocaust survivors are accosted by the TSA.

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2008/04/our-ever-ripening-reich-continued.html

dalebert

dalebert

"Free State Project--pretty funny, considering it's endorsed by the anti-gay, anti-immigrant Ron Paul, and it seeks to protect "property" as part of the "life, liberty and property" triage.  Don't confuse Libertarianism with Anarchism."

This was actually a comment on the Burning Porcupine cartoon, but I thought it might have been more appropriate under the Free State Project Myths cartoon. I must admit I'm not completely clear on what his point is. Maybe he's an anarchist who sees the FSP as only for political libertarians, an incorrect assumption, and therefore thinks I shouldn't support or participate in the FSP. Thought I'd ask before I respond. *shrug*

Caleb

He sounds like an anarchist. The "he stands for protecting the `property' part of the `life, liberty, and property' triage" pretty much gives it away.

A lot of anarchists won't acknowledge anarcho-capitalism as a form of anarchy. So even if you got them to see that Libertarianism could and ought to progress to anarcho-capitalism, (which is pretty easy to do), a lot of times they won't agree that it is a form of anarchy until such time as it renounces landed property.

Eli

My source for all translations german says:

"Hey - do you just need a translation of the sentence at the top?  That
says something like "Another reason to look forward to Friday evenings
is to get a new comic on anarchinyourhead.com."  It's been a while
though, so I might have a couple words wrong...I'm in the middle of
training, so if I'm looking at the wrong thing, let me know and I'll
translate again :)."

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on May 14, 2008, 10:09 AM NHFT
"Free State Project--pretty funny, considering it's endorsed by the anti-gay, anti-immigrant Ron Paul, and it seeks to protect "property" as part of the "life, liberty and property" triage.  Don't confuse Libertarianism with Anarchism."

This was actually a comment on the Burning Porcupine cartoon, but I thought it might have been more appropriate under the Free State Project Myths cartoon. I must admit I'm not completely clear on what his point is. Maybe he's an anarchist who sees the FSP as only for political libertarians, an incorrect assumption, and therefore thinks I shouldn't support or participate in the FSP. Thought I'd ask before I respond. *shrug*

The comments about Ron Paul shows he doesn't understand the "big tent" nature of the FSP, nor that there are some anarchists who see supporting Ron Paul as a strategic move, because he's so much better than the available alternatives.

The anti-property jab is probably a reference to the "Property is theft!" line of thought among leftist anarchists.

dalebert

I did a first draft of an ad copy that Mark will read on the air at least four times over the next couple of months. Thought it was worth a shot to try and give my traffic a little kick in the butt and at least the money is going to a good cause- FTL. I'd love some feedback on it. Does this sound like something that would grab your attention if you hadn't heard of AIYH? I don't know for sure yet if it's too long but if it is, I'll burn that bridge later when I talk to Mark. I think it's a 30 second spot and when I imagine Mark reading it as he does the other spots, it seems like it will fit.

---

The first step to achieving liberty is freeing your mind. Anarchy In Your Head dot com is a webcomic about the philosophy of freedom in its purest form.

What mischief is the Iron Fist of the State up to lately?
Who is Poopen Von Schnergenberger and why does he call himself an anarcho-poopalist?
What the Hell is an Amphibious Rotini Monster?
Who is the Anarchy Boogie-man and should you be afraid of him?
You'll get to know these fun characters and many more.

Check in every Friday for a new strip and find bonus material throughout the week all at Anarchy In Your Head dot com. That's Anarchy... In Your Head... dot com.

Puke

dalebert

dalebert

The creator of T-N-T designed this ad for me. Unfortunately I can't use it because it exceeds the file size limit but it's really cool and I hate for no one to see it after he went to the effort. I'll probably design something similar using it for inspiration.

J’raxis 270145

If you killed the animation, would it fit? You might be able to simulate the motion with an upward motion blur filter or something similar.

dalebert

From the PCWeenies mailing list:

QuotePeople seriously underestimate the amount of work that goes into having a 'cool' job. I've seen this in both students as well as from other folks who think what I do is 'easy'.

While juggling teaching, freelance graphic design work and cartooning are all immensely enjoyable to me, these tasks are definitely not easy. The grass is always greener, as someone once said...

How do you counter someone's argument that your job is easy? Sound off on the comments for today's toon:

http://pcweenies.net/2008/06/06/career-dazed-and-confused/