• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

HELP ME GET OUT OF HERE

Started by Individualist, October 25, 2007, 08:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Individualist

anybody..... I need help to get out of this communist city of Laramie WY. My wife and I were born and raised in western Maine but left when the communists took over Maine in 93. Wyoming was beautiful for about 6 years but now........They've taken my home I built, I can't work here because I'm not into self sacrafice and we want to get to Northen New Hampshire. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Does anyone even have a cabin off the beaten path to rent??

srqrebel

Wow... they took your home??  Who took it -- the gov't or the bank?  Under what pretext?

Have you already signed the FSP Statement of Intent?

penguins4me

If you're willing to share them, I'd very much like to hear about what went on with your situation in Laramie.

I muchly doubt it will result in any help to you, save for whatever benefit might come from venting to a sympathetic "ear", I admit. I also ask because one of my possible plans involves buying land and building a house out theres, somewhere, and at this point I'm not too likely to be asking anyone's permission before I do stuff with my own stuff.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: sjhipple on October 26, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Individualist on October 25, 2007, 08:08 AM NHFT
Does anyone even have a cabin off the beaten path to rent??

Try this place in Northern New Hampshire: http://www.allroutes.to/columbiacabins/

Might be a little steep for a long-term stay, but it popped into my head.  I'm sure there are other possibilities on Rent.com or other such sites.  Good luck!

Columbia Cabins is for sale as a business.

From the web page linked above: "The business is for sale - Serious inquiries only, please."

Pat K

I think this property was inherited by Freestaters
who live on Long Island. They did not even know of that website
before someone on the FSP board pointed it out to them.

The cabins are being closed for winter now though.

They still work on L.I. and have to come back,
hopefully they will be able to move and run this place.

Pat K

Individualist

Thanks for all the concern everyone its appreciated. When the wife & I bought the 20 acres @ 10,000 ft locals were po'ed from the beginning.... No bank would help with financing it because and I quote " I'm not helping the local in fracture" and they could not keep an eye on me because I was not within the code enforcement area. Hah... if I was I wouldn't have been allowed to build myself anyway. Insurance company also said I was "not a REAL contractor" and therefore was not given insurance on the structure as it was being built... They(local government) took it with A 150' highway easement, an APO, 2 years later a scenic corridor overlay and a no subdivision clause for land under 35 acres .... could have been worse on the subdivide next county over has a 1 square mile no sub provision! The SCO had in it a no snowmachine/camper/utility trailer etc unless it was APPROVED beforehand with county planner and was not within 1/2 mile of any state road.. also had a battle with BLM and the state because they had put a road across the land for public access....... ie eminent domain. now since the property was only 340' wide I did not have much left.. oh and did I mention the 60%, 47%, 40% and 22% tax increases for 4 years straight... and this was just for the house (no other buildings)....... I finally gave in and sold it myself when they would send people up to camp on the "right-of-ways" a few hundred ft from the house to harass us and me being me the sheriff would visit quite often and it was not them being threatened with arrest ..... :'( :'(  yes..I am going to join the FSP, but this weekend I'm going to Ron Paul's rally and talk in Cheyenne... will chat again and thanks Kat, I will check on that in the next couple days... 

Tom Sawyer

KBCraig

That kind of stuff is why WY would have been a bad choice as the Free State. Too much BLM/fed control, and too much influence by big money outsiders.