• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom activism in the Lebanon/Dartmouth area.

Started by Porcupine_in_MA, October 25, 2007, 11:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on November 08, 2007, 09:49 AM NHFT
Ever heard of Ed and Elaine Brown from Plainfield, NH?  ;)

Granted it's pretty much over now but I'd say that was some pretty serious civil disobedience.

Yeah, you know I meant besides that..  ;)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on November 08, 2007, 06:43 AM NHFTHi Kat,
Sorry for the long lag... next Dartmouth Area Meeting I will bring a map of Dartmouth's campus and show you the best spots to deliver papers. 
we also like the idea of the new name at the college campuses

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 08, 2007, 11:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: the_liberty_belle on November 08, 2007, 06:43 AM NHFTHi Kat,
Sorry for the long lag... next Dartmouth Area Meeting I will bring a map of Dartmouth's campus and show you the best spots to deliver papers.
we also like the idea of the new name at the college campuses

There's a new name?

Grafton Free Press?

I'm so out of the loop.

Russell Kanning

yes .... you gotta dump this school stuff and keep up with us crazies ;)

New Hampshire Underground will be the name in February. That should appeal to college kids outside of Keene more than we currently do. :)

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 10, 2007, 07:34 AM NHFT

New Hampshire Underground will be the name in February. That should appeal to college kids outside of Keene more than we currently do. :)

Oh yea!!  I like that name. 

Oh man, wait till the next time we see each other... you will get a kick out of hearing about my psychiatry class.

Kat Kanning

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 10, 2007, 07:34 AM NHFT

I agree with Liberty Belle, good choice for a name and it should have an big-time appeal to college kids with the word "underground" in there. Hey, Liberty Belle are there any libertarian groups active at Dartmouth?

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 10, 2007, 07:50 AM NHFT
Sounds fun, Miz Belle :)

Oh yea... I'm certainly looking forward to it. :D

We could even take a field trip to Dartmouth after the meeting and I could show you the best NH Underground spots!

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Porcupine_in_MA on November 10, 2007, 10:39 AM NHFT
Hey, Liberty Belle are there any libertarian groups active at Dartmouth?

I don't know of any, Porcupine.  However I am a med student and not an undergrad, so it's possible that there is some kind of undergrad group and I just don't know about it.  There are certainly none in the med school or grad school.  I do monitor some of the undergrad bulletins (including college R's and D's) and I've never seen anything about libertarians :-(.  Ron Paul did come and talk to the college R's though.

I bet if Telomerase gets a job at Dartmouth we could start a grad student libertarian/free stater group of some kind.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on November 11, 2007, 05:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 10, 2007, 07:50 AM NHFT
Sounds fun, Miz Belle :)

Oh yea... I'm certainly looking forward to it. :D

We could even take a field trip to Dartmouth after the meeting and I could show you the best NH Underground spots!
I really like that idea. We do need to know where to put the papers. We are also thinking that Kira will start taking a class there and we need to check out museums and such if they have them. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on November 11, 2007, 05:42 AM NHFT
I bet if Telomerase gets a job at Dartmouth we could start a grad student libertarian/free stater group of some kind.
he will be working there in a couple of weeks

Kat Kanning

DagnyTaggart

Quote from: Dreepa on November 04, 2007, 08:08 PM NHFT
I heard that some people just moved to Croydon.

There is a Ron Paul meetup in that area and those people 'think like us'.

CROYDON who else moved to CROYDON?  Love Ron Paul but disagree on his foreign policies and foreign policy is important to me.  If he would change his foreign policy stance I could support him.  I agree with him on everything else.

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2007, 07:53 AM NHFT
I really like that idea. We do need to know where to put the papers. We are also thinking that Kira will start taking a class there and we need to check out museums and such if they have them. :)

There are museums galore...  Check these out:
http://hoodmuseum.dartmouth.edu/
http://hop.dartmouth.edu/
http://www.montshire.org/

Class at Dartmouth sounds awesome... lucky you, Kira!

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 11, 2007, 07:56 AM NHFT
That's dartmouth medical center.

Good to know.  I spend a fair amount of time at the hospital too.  Hopefully I'll be seeing you around, Telomerase.