• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Driving in Concord

Started by Raineyrocks, October 25, 2007, 11:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I was there yesterday taking my daughter to a neurology appt. at Concord Hospital and it is nuts driving around there.  I guess I'm out practice driving in a city but before I knew it I was in a right turn only when I wanted to go straight several times and almost got into about 3 accidents.

I did drive past the State Capitol buildings to see if anyone from this board was around but nobody was there as far as I could see.  I thought of going to Murphy's but after driving in Concord I was way too scared to go into Manchester. :-\

I love how downtown Concord looks though sometimes I wish we moved closer to there and then I'd have no choice but to get use to the way the roads are.  I can't believe I used to drive all over the place in Philadelphia but after being in Delmarva for 11 years I'm way out of the loop with city driving.

error

Part of it is just being familiar with the streets. You're going to have trouble in a strange place but once it's familiar you'll be fine! So get back out there and drive. :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on October 25, 2007, 02:33 PM NHFT
Part of it is just being familiar with the streets. You're going to have trouble in a strange place but once it's familiar you'll be fine! So get back out there and drive. :)

I will I just need a little time to get my nerve up again. :)  Is it really busy in Manchester with cars and confusing stuff?  I want to check it out soon and meet everybody at Murphy's it sounds like so much fun but I can't drive in the dark so if I came alone I'd need somewhere to stay for the night. :-\

I really want to protest for Lauren too but the events are on the days Rick can't take me.

error

Yes, but Lauren's protests are during the daytime. :)

And I'm sure there's somebody around here with a bed in their basement who could let you stay over...

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on October 25, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
Yes, but Lauren's protests are during the daytime. :)

And I'm sure there's somebody around here with a bed in their basement who could let you stay over...

Your right Lauren's protests are during the day I'm just afraid of driving to and in Manchester even though maybe I could park the van somewhere and catch a ride with somebody.  I would want the kids to come too especially my sidekick, (17 yr. old),  then there would be more sign holders. 
Rick would probably flip if I stayed out overnight somewhere even though I wouldn't be doing anything wrong. ::)  Wait a minute I'm going to ask him to see if I'm right.  Rick said I couldn't spend the night anywhere unless he knew who it was and he'd check on my story. ::)

error

Eh, Manchester's no big deal to drive in. :) I can't help you with Rick, though! ;D

cathleeninnh

Rainey's life seems such an ordeal!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 26, 2007, 07:55 AM NHFT
Rainey's life seems such an ordeal!

It does sometimes, doesn't it?  I will say though I try to have a good time even when it gets nutty!  My daughter was making me laugh so hard because she kept saying, "Oh my gosh, we're gonna die!"  There was one spot in Concord that gave a green light to go straight or turn left so I thought maybe I'll go straight, not one car would stop in the opposite lane, they kept making their left turns, ignoring me as I was trying to go straight so I said to Carrie, "that's it were just going I'm not invisible!"  Well we ended up going straight, into some kind of parking lot not a road. ::)
We got so lost in the hospital too.  We must have looked clueless standing there looking all around, making jokes about it because people came from no where to offer us help a few times. I'm figuring they must have been watching us first from somewhere. :dontknow:

One time I was a temporary secretary at a hospital and they told me to go deliver something to some floor and I ended up in the morgue, it was really scary.  On that trip I also ended up on this floor where they were doing experiments to mice and I started crying. :(

firecracker joe

if you can get to the mcdonalds  @ exit 20 which is tilton by 4:00 pm 11/05. i will bring you and anyone with a city driving problem to valley st. jail for 5;00 pm for lauren.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: jose on November 03, 2007, 12:17 PM NHFT
if you can get to the mcdonalds  @ exit 20 which is tilton by 4:00 pm 11/05. i will bring you and anyone with a city driving problem to valley st. jail for 5;00 pm for lauren.

Thanks!  :) I think Rick is going to be able to leave work early that day though unless his boss has a last minute need for him.

If Rick can't make it my only problem would be getting home after you dropped me off at exit 20 when it's over because I am night blind. ::)

firecracker joe

the offers there.til midnight tonite. exit 20 is like  25 min or less from campton rick cant pick you up at exit 20? Not that its really any of my business but you know what they say about excuses.If you don't i will not say a word more.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: jose on November 04, 2007, 11:36 AM NHFT
the offers there.til midnight tonite. exit 20 is like  25 min or less from campton rick cant pick you up at exit 20? Not that its really any of my business but you know what they say about excuses.If you don't i will not say a word more.

Sure Rick could pick me up at exit 20 in his truck, what do I do about my van that will be there?  I am really not coming up with excuses believe me I feel very strongly about what is happening to Lauren and want to go tomorrow.  Rick and I are going to do everything possible to try to get there, thanks!
By the way what are the easiest directions from I-93 south to get to the jail?  Duh, I should have asked that days ago.

firecracker joe

the eaiest way i know is after the toll booth on 93 bear left onto 293 then folow to exit 6  on the circle bear right  then take next right if you follow that to the end you will be on the corner of murphys bar from their go right onto elmst its either 1 or 2 lights to the left you will see valley st. Hence the name valley st. jail. or look it up on mapquest. Good luck it is not hard to ask directions if you get lost in manch vegas  it works for me. noone would touch your vehicle across from mcdonalds it is a truck lot and your vehicle would not be touched for days. I know this for a fact.

Giggan

With the exception of the sensitive traffic lights and stop signs that exist for no one, and the city council's recent tire-popping curbs, I find driving in Concord much easier than other places since the right lane is almost always a turning only lane, meaning you don't have to sit through lights.