• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LTE in Concord Monitor

Started by Kat Kanning, January 11, 2005, 08:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050109/REPOSITORY/501090374/1029/OPINION03

Revolving door, DENNIS P. VACHON, Northwood - Letter

January 09. 2005 8:00AM

I
write to take exception to the power industry's assertion that electric rates are going up in February for customers of Public Service Company of New Hampshire due to the rising cost of oil and natural gas. We can all see that those prices are actually falling.

The real reason PSNH will be subjecting ratepayers to further increases is because it can.

Outgoing Gov. Benson appointed and the Executive Council recently confirmed the appointment of Michael Harrington as one of the state's three public utilities commissioners. Harrington was temporarily laid off as a maintenance foreman at Public Service's Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant so that he could accept the appointment.

There is no doubt Mr. Harrington, a two-term state representative named 2004 legislator of the year by the Libertarian Party's New Hampshire Liberty Alliance, was appointed for being one of the few legislators willing to go along with Benson's anti-government program. Too bad the Libertarians are not as opposed to allowing corporations to overcharge ratepayers as they profess themselves to be against government taxation to support state services.

And shame on the Executive Council for putting their stamp of approval on this nomination.
If you are as outraged as I am about how the revolving door between the government and private sector is costing us money, please join me in urging our new Gov. Lynch not to reappoint Harrington when his term expires on June 30.

DENNIS P. VACHON

Northwood

AlanM

Looks to me like "they" are starting to get nervous. The attacks have started. We must be striking raw nerves.

John

So nervous that Mr. Vachon can't get the facts right.  What a dumb ass.

The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance is not an LP organization.  It is a nonpatisan oganization.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on January 11, 2005, 11:49 AM NHFT
It is a nonpatisan oganization.
I like that proper New England phonetic spelling of "nonpartisan" maybe it would be even better as "nonpahtisan" ;D

John

Dave Ridley

Like Grunt said...We're taking flak...so we must be over the target!

Only in this case flak just helps us, I mean the more we can get the bad guys saying "New Hampshire Liberty Alliance" the more we win!