• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More NH land relinquished to the UN

Started by CNHT, October 25, 2007, 03:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 26, 2007, 06:32 AM NHFT
Jane, would you consider joining a protest group to occupy land in NH given to the UN?

Not only that, I would have suggested it. But I would think there are more UN/Global Warming/no private property sympathizers here judging from the increased smites.

However, a protest like that would at least show people what is going on, in ways that the media can't or won't.

Just standing there with signs that say, "This land is OUR land, NH's, not the UN's"!!! for example.

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 09:08 AM NHFT
Legislation > 2007-2008 (110th Congress)
S. 827: Freedom's Way National Heritage Area Act

A bill to establish the Freedom's Way National Heritage Area in the States of Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and for other purposes.Overview   Summary   Other Info

Bill StatusSponsor:   Sen. John Kerry [D-MA]show cosponsors (1)
Bill Text:   Summaries (CRS)
Full Text
   Scheduled for Debate   -
   Voted on in Senate   -
   Voted on in House   -
   Signed by President   -

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.
Last Action:   Mar 8, 2007: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
Show All Related Votes

This bill is identical to H.R. 1297 (Status: Introduced).
Committee Assignments

This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process where the bill is considered in committee and may undergo significant changes in markup sessions. The bill has been referred to the following committees:
Senate Energy and Natural Resources

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-827

UGH! Kerry! Need we say more!
Thanks for posting this Kat..

CNHT

Quote from: freedominnh on October 26, 2007, 05:55 AM NHFT
Jane it sounds like it is time for a UN Truth campaign.

By the way,what were the most common searches--- say this past month?

Well let's just say it had to do with what's been going on with the 'tense' situation in Manchester?

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 09:06 AM NHFT
STATEMENT OF BRENDA BARRETT, NATIONAL COORDINATOR FOR HERITAGE AREAS, NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON NATIONAL PARKS OF THE SENATE COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES, CONCERNING S. 1925, A BILL TO ESTABLISH THE FREEDOM'S WAY NATIONAL HERITAGE AREA.

June 20, 2002
This is a region that substantively influenced our democratic forms of governance and the development of intellectual traditions that underpin the concepts of American freedom, democracy, conservation, social justice, and ethnic diversity.  Historically prominent leaders in literature and intellectual thought found the region to be a source of inspiration including Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne and Louisa May Alcott.  It was also the locale for expressions of religious freedom and social experimentation with the settlements of the Shakers, Millerites and Transcendentalists.  Its natural and community resources are exceptional examples of the rural beauty of the New England landscape.  The events that occurred here during the American Revolution include the ride of Paul Revere and the engagements at Lexington and Concord, which are known to virtually every elementary school child in the nation.

OMG this is one of the biggest freakin' control of land transfers we've seen in a while and MUST be stopped!
I can just see it now -- no free speech on these premises! You will be brought before a UN tribunal.

KBCraig

Sounds like a good place for some UN flag burns.

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

Quote from: d_goddard on October 26, 2007, 09:43 AM NHFT
Still in committee, so it's not "relinquished" yet!
Sounds like the kind of thing Downsize DC could hop on board with

Right now their site is under construction.   What else can we/I do?

CNHT

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 27, 2007, 10:47 AM NHFT

I doubt they even care about the issue. This is where you separate the men from the boys.
On the other hand, Shlafly and the JBS know the score.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: CNHT on October 27, 2007, 11:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 27, 2007, 10:47 AM NHFT

I doubt they even care about the issue. This is where you separate the men from the boys.
On the other hand, Shlafly and the JBS know the score.

Who is Shlafly an JBS? :)  If I could find out the basics and make my letter under a certain amount of letters I can write a letter to the editor in some newspapers.  Do you think that will help?  Let me see if I have a basic understanding of this first, what this bill means is that the UN wants to have control of land in New Hampshire, right?

CNHT

Look up World Heritage Sites at the UN's website and on http://www.eagleforum.org/column/ and jbs.org

ttp://www.eagleforum.org/column/1997/aug97/97-08-20.html

The first article on the PS site is about the L.O.S.T treaty.

There is so much we could be protesting on the national level..

http://www.eagleforum.org/column/1997/aug97/independence_hall.jpg

Raineyrocks

Quote from: CNHT on October 27, 2007, 08:37 PM NHFT
Look up World Heritage Sites at the UN's website and on http://www.eagleforum.org/column/ and jbs.org

I didn't understand the last link.  Is it just showing what is going to be put up on "protected" land? 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 29, 2007, 09:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on October 27, 2007, 08:37 PM NHFT

I didn't understand the last link.  Is it just showing what is going to be put up on "protected" land? 

Never mind I found out what it means in the 2nd link.  Thanks these are very informative links! :)

Russell Kanning

maybe we will have to annex UN land into the Shire ...
ya know ... for the children

CNHT

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 13, 2007, 01:35 PM NHFT
maybe we will have to annex UN land into the Shire ...
ya know ... for the children

Not my land, and not as long as I have the ability to hit a target that is..  :icon_pirat: