• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LSF Fundraising Ideas?

Started by Michael Fisher, June 15, 2005, 02:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

davemincin

Hey Mike...remember??? ???  NHLA civic action helped make the LSF real.  May I just say, the help you recieved from Michele, and Dawn to get this up and running.  They were NHLA civic action gals, and about what civic action is about.  Helping get local non-political organizations up and running.

Guess I'm a little disappointed at how few folks have signed onto our fundraiser next month at the race track in Loudon, from this  underground.   You"re about freedom, but only if?? ???

Thinking a few folks need to perhaps, put there ego's in there pocket!

Kat Kanning

Thinking you ought to have set up something that didn't require us to leave our house at 3:30 am and leave our child behind.

Kat Kanning

Thinking I didn't see you out here at our education fair, but I don't hassle you about it.  It's too far to drive in some cases.  No need to get nasty at people about what they can and can't take on.

Michael Fisher

Thinking I'm very thankful to Dawn and Michelle for their great efforts in getting the LSF set up in the state before I arrived.

Thinking I already said I would be at the fundraiser.

Wondering why I'm the target of your post.? ????

;)

KBCraig

Thinking some personal pronouns could come in handy.

Pat K

Hey you guys up there play nice!!! If I have to stop this typing and come up there............ ;D

dawn

I can't find it now, but I had emailed Kat with an idea. I received a bulb catalog and it stated that you could do fundraising through them and make 50%. I thought that maybe this would be a good idea for the LSF to make some steady $, even if it's not a lot. If this were an annual event, people would get to know that they can buy bulbs from the LSF every X (insert proper month). Then, at other times of the year, other products could be sold as fundraisers as well. If this was done for NH companies, it could also help be a boost to the NH economy. Just an idea.

Any news on the nonprofit status?

Dawn

Dave Ridley

<<We could also give away pure gold and silver bullion as a prize in the raffle.>>

I like that.  You know i suspect you could give gold or silver to families directly from your donation boxes as you probably will continue to get both.

Russell Kanning

Do we have stories and pictures for this years 3 receipients on the website? :)

Russell Kanning

So next year ..... Mike can you tell me when you are going to give out the awards and who they are going to? ..... so we can take pictures of their happy faces and can write up their stories.

Michael Fisher

Last year we had all recipients fill out a confidentiality release form and all agreed to the terms.  We can do the same thing this year.  We only gave out the scholarships 2 weeks ago.  ;)

pcwallis

Why don't you have a get together and charge money to get in.  Have music and food, maybe sell some art work, wine cheese, what ever.  Bottom line is tell people that the profit of the evening will go to your foundation, that every one performing or selling a product is there to make money !!!  Who cares - if it is fun people will spend their money.  You do not have to make it a tax deduction kind of evening.  Get It !!!  So long as everybody knows what you are doing, they will be ok with it.  No need for people to sign documents of release or what ever, they just come and have fun spend their money - and they know where the profit is going !!!  To a cause that they believe in - your foundation.  Make sure that when you select the young person or people who the money is going to, that everybody gets a copy of  the press release.

Russell Kanning

everyone seems to be doing dinners

Maybe we could do something more entertainment oriented 8)

Russell Kanning

Trinity Christian School in Keene only costs $3,250 ...... then someone connected to the school will donate $1000 ....... $2,250 ...... then the possibility of a LSF $1000 ...... could be only $1,250

Some people act like we can't possibly survive without the public schools ..... "private schools are too expensive"

$3,250 and even less when others donate to the cause :D

Government schools in Keene spend $12,000 per student. :o

Michael Fisher

I like that argument against public schools.  We should use that.   >:D