• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LSF Fundraising Ideas?

Started by Michael Fisher, June 15, 2005, 02:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I am not crazy about the wording .... but then again I am just crazy.

maybe "Giving power back to the parents"

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on October 07, 2005, 09:14 PM NHFT
I am not crazy about the wording .... but then again I am just crazy.

maybe "Giving power back to the parents"

Yeah...
I just grabbed verbage from the brochure and played with composition and style.

If you and your cohorts can play with some wording I'd be glad to help present it attractively. :)

Russell Kanning

o-tay
you are starting to be a cohort yourself

how about
"bad LSF no 501c3 for you"

Michael Fisher

HOLY CRAP!!!  That is AWESOME, Roger.   8) 8)

Great work!

It will make a great flyer or web banner.   8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on October 08, 2005, 02:28 PM NHFT
HOLY CRAP!!!? That is AWESOME, Roger.? ?8) 8)

Great work!

It will make a great flyer or web banner.? ?8)

Mike,
I think if you and some others from your group can, perhaps, refine the language for the text.
A little polishing of the verbage and it could be better.
Wordsmithing -- "Thats not really my bag baby!" :)
(In my best 'Austin Powers' voice)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Roger Grant on October 08, 2005, 03:23 PM NHFT
Wordsmithing -- "Thats not really my bag baby!" :)
(In my best 'Austin Powers' voice)
I don't even like to be in the room when wordsmithing happens.
"Yea Baby Yea"

Lloyd Danforth

jgmaynard

I could sell some autographed copies of my book at an LSF event around Keene and donate a couple bucks per to the LSF :D

JM

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: jgmaynard on October 28, 2005, 06:47 PM NHFT
I could sell some autographed copies of my book at an LSF event around Keene and donate a couple bucks per to the LSF :D

JM

That is an excellent idea!  I'd pay the extra few bucks for it!  :)

jgmaynard

dawn

Quote from: pcwallis on September 28, 2005, 08:55 PM NHFT
Why don't you have a get together and charge money to get in.? Have music and food, maybe sell some art work, wine cheese, what ever.? Bottom line is tell people that the profit of the evening will go to your foundation, that every one performing or selling a product is there to make money !!!? Who cares - if it is fun people will spend their money.? You do not have to make it a tax deduction kind of evening.? Get It !!!? So long as everybody knows what you are doing, they will be ok with it.? No need for people to sign documents of release or what ever, they just come and have fun spend their money - and they know where the profit is going !!!? To a cause that they believe in - your foundation.? Make sure that when you select the young person or people who the money is going to, that everybody gets a copy of? the press release.

I like this idea. I had thought a long time ago (but never shared or followed up on) having an event at my home and charging my guests to benefit the LSF. So, say it's dinner (or brunch or wine and cheese or...) for $XX and either reimburse me for the meal cost or have it be a potluck. This could easily be replicated at homes throughout NH (or outside of NH too!). I'm thinking of adding another fundraising aspect to the event as well - be it a little friendly gambling (any game will do!) or an auction (everyone brings an item or two to donate - preferably a gently used item, IMHO). Could be fun!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: dawn on December 01, 2005, 04:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: pcwallis on September 28, 2005, 08:55 PM NHFT
Why don't you have a get together and charge money to get in.? Have music and food, maybe sell some art work, wine cheese, what ever.? Bottom line is tell people that the profit of the evening will go to your foundation, that every one performing or selling a product is there to make money !!!? Who cares - if it is fun people will spend their money.? You do not have to make it a tax deduction kind of evening.? Get It !!!? So long as everybody knows what you are doing, they will be ok with it.? No need for people to sign documents of release or what ever, they just come and have fun spend their money - and they know where the profit is going !!!? To a cause that they believe in - your foundation.? Make sure that when you select the young person or people who the money is going to, that everybody gets a copy of? the press release.

I like this idea. I had thought a long time ago (but never shared or followed up on) having an event at my home and charging my guests to benefit the LSF. So, say it's dinner (or brunch or wine and cheese or...) for $XX and either reimburse me for the meal cost or have it be a potluck. This could easily be replicated at homes throughout NH (or outside of NH too!). I'm thinking of adding another fundraising aspect to the event as well - be it a little friendly gambling (any game will do!) or an auction (everyone brings an item or two to donate - preferably a gently used item, IMHO). Could be fun!

We would come out for a fun evening like that I bet others would too. :)

pcwallis

Just Do It - have fun and make it for the LSF !!!!!!!

Lloyd Danforth