• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LSF Fundraising Ideas?

Started by Michael Fisher, June 15, 2005, 02:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Hello, NH Underground!  :)

Does anyone have any fundraising ideas for the LSF?

I really like what Dawn and everyone in the Keene area did with the Educational Alternatives Fair.  That is a brilliant way to mix ideas with fundraising!  Should I create one of these in the Seacoast area?

The NHLA Liberty Dinner and PorcFest are obvious.  We'll have to get some tables for those events.

I wonder about that Freedom Summit.  http://www.freedomsummit.com/  Maybe they'll let us set up a table there and raise funds for the LSF.  Why not?!  ;)

Jim

Hire a bunch of Bands and have the first annual Freedom Fest 2005

Michael Fisher

Quote from: SOVEREIGN INDIVIDUAL on June 15, 2005, 05:40 PM NHFT
Hire a bunch of Bands and have the first annual Freedom Fest 2005

That's an idea.

The Stone Church is a nice local restaurant and music club.  I should talk to them about organizing a night to have some music and raise money for the LSF.

Maybe my wife could sing there too!  :)

Kat Kanning

Have you been planning something at porcfest?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on June 16, 2005, 04:33 AM NHFT
Have you been planning something at porcfest?

Not yet, but we need to do something!  :)

Dave Ridley

I don't have any ideas but I did donate some liberty dollars to your jar at porcfest :P

Kat Kanning

The Liberty Ladies would like to make a calendar.  I found that we can get it printed on demand at cafepress.com.  The proceeds will go to the LSF :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: katdillon on August 18, 2005, 04:53 AM NHFT
The Liberty Ladies would like to make a calendar.? I found that we can get it printed on demand at cafepress.com.? The proceeds will go to the LSF :)

we could have 1 at our table 8)

technigirl

This is just a thought, but how about a raffle?? At our next tradeshow, the company that I'm working for now is going to be handing out mini CD-ROMs that let people enter into a drawing / trivia contest to win a massage chair.? People fill out a contact form that's on the CD and then have the chance to answer trivia questions to get more entries into the contest...? There could be a regular 'offline' entry form and then a CD with fun facts about NHFree.com / LSF that people can view and answer trivia questions on.? It's a way to raise money and generate increased awareness.

Michael Fisher

Hey, that's a good idea.  It's like a mix of charity and self-interest that results in more money for the LSF!

What could our raffles be for?  Firearms?   ;)  I'm all for that!

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

the questions could be wonderfully leading :)

technigirl

Quote from: russellkanning on August 19, 2005, 06:23 AM NHFT
the questions could be wonderfully leading :)

Of course! ;)

Please post any questions that you'd like to have included.

Michael Fisher

We could also give away pure gold and silver bullion as a prize in the raffle.

What type of trivia questions should we ask?

The Ioka theater in Exeter has been doing this special deal for a while where children are given free admission to one movie on one day if they write a book report.

I've been thinking about doing something similar, such as free computer service for an essay on "true liberty", but I'm not sure how it would work.  Would children do this for their parents?  I don't know if I want that.  Perhaps it should be for anyone, including adults, who writes an essay on "true liberty".  What do you think?

Russell Kanning

We were also thinking of selling baked goods at our table. People can tell what we are doing from a distance. :)