• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NetDay at Newmarket Elementary School

Started by Michael Fisher, June 15, 2005, 02:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Here's an Underground Project for ya.? :)

I need about 20 volunteers, including professional electricians, for a local project called NetDay.

NetDay will be on Saturday, July 30, at Newmarket Elementary School.? The local elementary school needs to upgrade its network cabling in about 28 rooms, so I volunteered to help them organize this volunteer event.? I'm also pushing for them to allow me to raise $3,000 to cover the costs of the supplies.

If it goes as planned, this will save the school district $10,000-13,000.

The founding fathers created parallel institutions to replace the need for the British.? This same strategy can work for us.? By replacing tax dollars with volunteerism and donations, we can directly benefit our communities!

This is an excellent way for us to get started in the community.

I need about 15 volunteers (unskilled work is acceptable) willing to work a full Saturday to complete the project.

Is anyone willing to help out?

Michael Fisher

If they allow me to do fundraising, the money will mostly come from businesses in the town of Newmarket, so don't worry about that aspect of the event.  ;)

cathleeninnh

Barring unforeseen circumstances, you can count on us.

Cathleen

ravelkinbow

ok, well we are moving up the 25th so long as all is going well and I don't have to work that day (haven't gotten my schedule yet) we will be there, of course after someone tells us where there is...lol  Good way to learn our way around.  Touch base with us a week before and I will know for sure.

Michael Fisher

Please send me your phone number and e-mail address if you're volunteering for this:

mikef@ctgreatbay.com

Thank you!  :)  This is great!!!  :)

Michael Fisher

Wow...  that was fast.   :o

Now we only need 4 more general volunteers, 4 professional electricians, and 2 network engineers!  :)

I may end up as one of the network engineers, and JT (the Director of I.T.) may be the other one, but I'm not sure about that.

I have many local business contacts, but does anyone know any electricians?

GT

I can help out. Sounds like a really great project.

dawn

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on June 15, 2005, 02:57 PM NHFT
The founding fathers created parallel institutions to replace the need for the British.? This same strategy can work for us.? By replacing tax dollars with volunteerism and donations, we can directly benefit our communities!

Excellent! Volunteering is one major way that we can make NH a better and less expensive place to live. Schools are genearlly so into the "tax and spend" mentality. I think an event like this will have at least 2 benefits - the actual money saved by doing this with volunteers and planting the seed for doing other projects this way in the future.

I'm sure that you'll be getting lots of press for this, right?? Get your local report there to take pictures and interview people. It's a great "feel good human interest" type of piece for them. Local TV coverage would be great too. It's great publicity for the school district too.

Sorry, won't personally be able to make it to help out.

davemincin

Hey Mike?  Is the date correct?  Saturday July 30th?

Believe a number of the folks will be in Lancaster that day, and
the NHLA Dinner that evening.

JonM

Sadly I already have July 30th plans.? But I have to ask, why wire?? Go wireless with 802.11i, save yourself cabling problems.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: davemincin on June 16, 2005, 10:24 AM NHFT
Hey Mike?? Is the date correct?? Saturday July 30th?

Believe a number of the folks will be in Lancaster that day, and
the NHLA Dinner that evening.

Doh!

Well it may be the next Saturday instead.

tracysaboe

You know what Fisher, if you don't like what the underground is doing, go start your own organization, and fight for liberty in your way.

Tracy

JonM

Should we not have accountability of our leadership?

Michael Fisher

This is why I moved to New Hampshire.  We're actually competing for community service here.  ;)

JT just sent me an e-mail saying Timberland has taken over the entire wiring project for Newmarket Elementary School.   :o

NetDay has been called off!  Thanks to all who said they'd volunteer for NetDay, but we'll have to find something else to do!

Perhaps something to benefit the LSF?   :)