• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

my cats are just so cute

Started by Friday, October 28, 2007, 08:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 06, 2007, 03:44 PM NHFT
Kinda like circumcision.

Yeah.. There is a small 9-year old cockapoo we are looking for home for, as a result of this weekend's tragedy, and he is very tame and good with kids doesn't bark. I hope we don't have to bring him to the ARL. There is a waiting list for small lap dogs like him, but we want to make sure we see the family he goes to. His name is Bosco. He's very affectionate.

Kat Kanning

Sacrilege to speak of it on this thread.

KBCraig

Cats do not get ears cropped or tails docked. Just like bobcats, Manx (and other) cats are naturally bobtailed.

Declawing is the only physical modification made to cats, and I strongly discourage it. It leaves cats defenseless, with no way to climb or fight back. Not to mention, the claws are removed by cutting half the toes off -- like trimming your fingernails by cutting your fingers off at the first joint.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on November 06, 2007, 05:28 PM NHFT
Cats do not get ears cropped or tails docked. Just like bobcats, Manx (and other) cats are naturally bobtailed.

Declawing is the only physical modification made to cats, and I strongly discourage it. It leaves cats defenseless, with no way to climb or fight back. Not to mention, the claws are removed by cutting half the toes off -- like trimming your fingernails by cutting your fingers off at the first joint.

Ouch, could you imagine if someone could make those decisions for us when we were kids or couldn't speak for ourselves? :(

dalebert

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 06, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT
Ouch, could you imagine if someone could make those decisions for us when we were kids or couldn't speak for ourselves? :(

They do, if you're a boy.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on November 06, 2007, 06:37 PM NHFT

Your so right, I didn't even think about that.  I am guilty in fact of choosing that for my sons, the doctors told me it would be better for them in the long run due to the cleanliness and appearance factor and I was young and naive and said, "okay."
One of my son's doctor told me that my son would probably resent me if I didn't have it done to him now while he was a baby and end up having it done when he became an adult.

I could get into some of my personal experiences with men being circumcised and uncircumcised but it would be off topic.

Fragilityh14

there are two kittens that live behind my house and are about 5 or 6 weeks old now and are super cute!

Theres another cat that is about 6 months old and is their adorable older brother who doesn't particularly let people get close to him but is adorable and has a mischevious and elusive air.

one of the kittens is unbelievably friendly/brave

We actually didnt know there were kittens until 4 weeks or so, because the cat had seemed to be pregnant just barely and then wasnt so I thought she had miscarried or something.

Lloyd Danforth

As oneof my friends once said:  "They cut half of it off before you know how long it will be"

miamiballoonguy

Quote from: CNHT on November 06, 2007, 03:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on November 06, 2007, 01:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on November 03, 2007, 08:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: miamiballoonguy on October 28, 2007, 11:38 PM NHFT
Don't you just love the Pom Pom tail she has?

Not when I know they had to slice it off to make it that way.. Ewwww!   :o
I believe the bobtail cats are born like that.  It is a breed.  My cat never had scar tissue, (I found him stray, so I definately looked) and I would never chop of its tail.  He was neutered, but I will never have a body part chopped off purely for style. 

A wild bobcat yes, but most domestic breeds have to have their ears and tail bobbed to show as the breed, such as the Boxers and Pit Bulls I used to own.

The Japanese bob tail is born that way...  It is a recessive gene of some sort...  besides this cat was the common street cat in Japan for centuries before being brought to the US for refining and breeding.  I hear that they are all over the place in Japan. 

Also, if you have seen one of these beckoning cat statues:

That is the Japanese bobtail....

If you don't believe me, here is the wikipedia article:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_bobtail

anthony

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on November 06, 2007, 09:46 PM NHFT

As oneof my friends once said:  "They cut half of it off before you know how long it will be"

;D  It sounds funny but it is sad.

CNHT

Quote from: ivyleague28477 on November 08, 2007, 07:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on November 06, 2007, 03:53 PM NHFT
Yeah.. There is a small 9-year old cockapoo we are looking for home for, as a result of this weekend's tragedy, and he is very tame and good with kids doesn't bark. I hope we don't have to bring him to the ARL. There is a waiting list for small lap dogs like him, but we want to make sure we see the family he goes to. His name is Bosco. He's very affectionate.

Jane, did you find a home yet for this dog?

Yes thanks...the family turned out to be good and so there's where he's going...he really misses his momma though. :-(

CNHT

Quote from: ivyleague28477 on November 09, 2007, 04:57 AM NHFT
:( sorry to hear it!

I wouldn't mind a small dog like that myself - a cocker spaniel or some such (cockapoo works too!)  Not a tiny dog, but a small one.  Though I'm not rushing to find one - but if someone has something out there keep me in mind!

Ivy

This guy was so cute...his face looked like a little Oscar the Grouch....but with a sweet personality...animals really feel the loss of their loved ones as badly as we do.

dalebert

Quote from: CNHT on November 09, 2007, 07:00 PM NHFT
...animals really feel the loss of their loved ones as badly as we do.

Yeah, there's no way to know for sure, but I think that's probably true. It may be even stronger in dogs in particular. They're extremely sociable by nature. I've heard of many animals pining to death in a very short time after their favorite pet human dies.

Friday

I was going to wear my gold hoop earrings today, and noticed that one of them was bent all to hell as well as having tiny teethmarks embedded in the gold.  It's a good thing those guys are so cute....  :icon_cat:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Friday on November 14, 2007, 12:42 PM NHFT
I was going to wear my gold hoop earrings today, and noticed that one of them was bent all to hell as well as having tiny teethmarks embedded in the gold.  It's a good thing those guys are so cute....  :icon_cat:

Friday as your fellow moderator I may have to move this too the endless whining section! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:  How could you use the H word in a giddy forum? :o
I'm getting power hungry! >:D  See what being a moderator has done to me, next I conquer the world! :horse: