• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sherry Peel Jackson updates

Started by coffeeseven, October 30, 2007, 07:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeseven

Sent:    Mon 8/25/08 5:30 PM
To:    colinljackson@msn.com

Hello Friends,

I thought I would give you an update on the family and my wife.  It's been about a month since the last time I saw her and but we talk every other day for about 15 minutes.  She has a monthly limit on her phone time, no matter how much money she puts on her phone account.   She is doing relatively well.  She is still keeping her spirit up and is being upbeat about this whole surreal situation.  She is being Sherry.   I'm planning on going back to Florida to see her in September.  I really look forward to that.

Before I go on, I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have continuously called, written, prayed, etc.  But, I would especially like to thank those of you (without revealing any identities) who have invited me to visit, those who have done legal communications on my behalf, those who have visited me, who have helped spread the word about this country's challenges concerning the income taxes and those who have not forgotten about my wife and the price she has selflessly paid to educate and motivate others.  I pray for you all daily and I look forward to the day(s) when I can meet all of you and express my gratitude in a very tangible way.  I know her efforts and her current plight are NOT in vain.

I just finished participating in "Freshman Week" at Morehouse College, which is located in Atlanta.   My son's first year in college there has begun and it was an exciting week.  He has matured tremendously in the past few months and I'm extremely proud of him.   He is majoring in International Studies and Journalism.  Who knows.  Maybe he'll write a book on his perspective of the tyranny in this country.  It's a little more difficult to see him grow up and leave the nest than I thought it would be.

My daughter has begun her Junior year in high school and is trying to graduate a year early.  She wants to go to Emory University (also in Atlanta) and major in pre-Med.  She wants to be a Pediatrician.  She is studying very hard and is beginning to come out of the "cutesy" phase of being a teenager.  She's quickly becoming a young woman.  She's a lot like her mother and she's beginning to realize that.  There used to be time when she resented the comparison between her and her mother.  But, a few days ago she was telling me to do something (just like her mother) and then, to my dismay, said, "I AM my mother's child."  What a shocker.  I explained to her that that wasn't a bad thing.  That's a good thing.

I'm doing well.  I'm still in the middle of my juggling act of parenting, fighting the IRS (they've starting writing "love letters" to me), finding a way to rescue my wife and keeping the bills paid.  I'll tell you all something.  I would not have made it this far without you and I thank God every day for you.  There are doors that have been opened to me to help stabilize our finances.  I'm excited about that.

Overall and in the grand scheme of things, we are doing quite well.   As I've been saying for the past year or so, "Things could always be a lot worse."  When I have my temporary pity parties and I sense myself getting a little down, I can mentally hear my old football coaches saying, "Come on, men.  Get back up.  Get back up.  You're GONNA get hit in this game.  But, that's okay.  You just get right back up."  It always helps me.  My pity parties only last about 15 – 30 seconds.  After that, I have to get back up.  There are too many people relying on us to stay down.  When things get tough in life, it's okay to be hurt.....for a little while.  But, we've got to get back up.  Get up and get back in the game.  Your team is relying on you.  You don't have time to STAY down.  Get back up.  You can do it.  Remember, it could always be a lot worse.

God bless you.  Thanks for caring and being there for us.  Take care.

In Christ, Colin

coffeeseven

Note: For those of us still stuck in the Midwest I'm sure Colin would appreciate if we would make an appearance to show support for Sherry and her family even if the protest doesn't take place. - Rick

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

To: myprivate@masteragency.com

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:32 PM

Subject: FW: BENSON UPDATE

Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 11:25 AM
To: Alan Stang; Bill Benson
Subject: BENSON UPDATE

Please distribute to your mailing list

----------

The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has set oral argument on Benson's appeal for October 28, 2008 at 10:00 a.m in the main courtroom, Rm. 2721, at 219 S. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL.

I have previously spoken with several of you about helping to arrange a mass demonstration and notifying the press regarding this historical case. I have also issued a Call to Arms on my website (http://jeffdickstein.com) with a list of actions that could be taken. To date, not much has happened. Now there is just about 30 days.

This is the last chance. We can either put political pressure on the 7th Cir, Congress and notify the press or not. Its up to you.

We can do a mass press release for about $2,000 by hiring a PR firm that specializes in that type of work. I already have the contact. If you want that to happen, you need to send the money, now. (http://jeffdickstein.com/donate).

If you want to organize a protest and mass get together outside the 7th Cir, you need to do that, now. You will need permits and figure out how to get people to show up.

Jeffrey A. Dickstein
Attorney at Law
500 W. Bradley Rd., C-208
Fox Point, WI 53217
(414) 446-4264
jdlaw@wi.rr.com
http://jeffdickstein.com

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
--  Samuel Adams, American patriot and politician (1722-1803)

"Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence"
--  Henri Frederic Amiel, Swiss writer (1821-1881)

"If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?"
--  T.S. Eliot, American born English editor, playwright, poet and critic, (1888-1965)

"All The Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' In The Sun,
Talkin' 'Bout The Things
They Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda Done...
But All Those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All Ran Away And Hid
From One Little Did."
--  Shel Silverstein, American poet, cartoonist and composer (1930-1999)

coffeeseven

10-1-08

Hello Friends,

I wanted to give you another update on Sherry Peel Jackson and our family.  Little Colin (CJ), Rayna and I went down to Coleman, Florida this past weekend to see Sherry.  We drove down there on Friday evening (it's a six hour drive from Atlanta), spent the night in a hotel room and saw Sherry from 8:30am until 3:00pm on Saturday.  Her visitations are on the weekends and holidays from 8:30am – 3:00pm.  We played Scrabble (Sherry won....big) and talked about a lot of things.  It was so good to see her and hold her.  After we left her on Saturday the kids and I went to see a movie and went back to the hotel room so they could do their homework.  We got up early Sunday morning, checked out of the hotel and went to see her again.  We were there from 8:30am until 3:00pm and played another game of Scrabble (CJ won).  Time really flies when you are where you want to be.  Selah.  When we left her at 3:00pm we hit the road back to Atlanta.

She is doing quite well.  There are some ministry opportunities there for her and she told me that she is still learning patience.  I can see a big difference in her.  But, don't worry.  She's still a fighter.  There are some issues in there that she has already challenged.  I told her to choose her battles wisely.  She is starting to handle it a lot better.  She's made some friends and have gotten an opportunity to tell some of the workers there about the freedom issues as well as about her faith in Jesus Christ.  People are beginning to attach themselves to her.  It's amazing how that happens when your life, not just your words, are a good example.  Normally, when we leave, she gets very sad.  But, this time she told me that she didn't get as sad as she usually does.  I felt very good about that.  When she gets sad, I get sad.  There's an old song that says, "When something is wrong with my baby, something is wrong with me".  That's the way I've always been about my wife.

I am doing well.  I'm still working on the income issue and trying to stay afloat with the bills.  I've just decided which business I'm going to pursue so I strongly feel things will work out in that area.  Right now, I'm looking around to see what I can sell so I can keep up until the business gets up and going.  I think it's an excellent opportunity to generate income, keep up with technological advances and stay healthy.  I will be telling you more about it in the near future.  I get to talk with Sherry about every other day for about 15 minutes, then her phone cuts off.  We also get to email each other.  So between emails and phone calls, we communicate almost everyday.  She still gives me lots of "honey do's".  I don't mind, though. 

CJ is doing quite well in his first year at Morehouse College (the same college that Martin Luther King, Jr. went to).  It's a very reputable academic college.  It's also a private school and very expensive.  But, the Lord has provided.  He's living on campus and has a scholarship that covers almost all of his expenses.  He loves it.  It's his first time really having an opportunity to be out on his very own.  I'm proud of him.  I just pray that he does well and graduates.

Rayna is also doing well.  This is her junior year in high school but she wants to graduate at the end of the year.  She will have her required courses completed at the end of the school year.  At the very least, she'll do a joint (college) enrollment next year, when she's a senior in high school.  She is about to begin her basketball season and is extremely excited about that.  She can really play.

We are still exploring, reading, listening and thinking about any and all options that we come across to free Sherry.  There have been people who have given us advice on what we need to do for her to "walk out" of there.  But it seems as though every time I ask if their advice has worked in freeing a federal prisoner the answer is ALWAYS no.  My position at this point is that I cannot afford to throw money on theories that may or may not work; or theories that are unproven; or theories that may land me in jail.  My kids need at least one parent at this point.

Well, that's enough of my soap box.  I want to really thank those of you who are still praying for us.  We know you are out there and we appreciate you so, so much.  I thank those of you who support us financially.  I know that there are many in very tight financial situations, so any time I receive a gift of support I think about the sacrifices that are made to show appreciation for what my wife has so bravely done.  It seems that every time I wonder whether or not her stance was "worth it", someone comes through with a show of love and support.   They are reminders that God is using others to show how much He still cares for Sherry and her family.

For those who would like to write to Sherry or me, our addresses are below.  There are some stipulations to writing Sherry.  She cannot receive hard backed books, bubble wrapped envelopes or cardboard envelopes.  She also cannot receive money directly.  There is a separate Bureau of Prisons account for that.   Thank you so much and God bless you.

In Christ, Colin

Sherry Peel Jackson

FCC Coleman Camp F2

P.O. Box 1027

Coleman, Florida 33521-1027

Colin L. Jackson

c/o 1560 Fieldgreen Overlook

Stone Mountain, Georgia [30088]

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other."  Harriet Tubman

coffeeseven

Update 10-24-08?

Hello Friends,

On my last update, I told you that I had some very pressing immediate financial needs.  But, that I had also chosen a business venture to operate.  I'm very excited about it.  I want to share some information with you about it.  This is a viable way that you can lend support to Sherry and I, but also, there are many advantages to you, too.  This is an online business.  Some of you may just be occasional web shoppers, but with the holidays coming up, the convenience of shopping from home  is even more attractive. 

We are independant contractors with Market America, an internet marketing company based in Greensboro, NC.  The company's mission is to provide consumers with a better quality product, at a better price. The company has had amazing growth since it's start in 1992, with projected revenues this year of almost $500 million. This has happened all by word of mouth, still the best way to pass along good news.

Here is the link to our portal: www.marketamerica.com/stronglife.  This makes a great home page: it has news, weather, sports, movies and everything that your current home page offers and probably more.  Please check it out and put it in your favorites.

Anything you currently buy and use can be easily found here. This portal is the most convenient online shopping on the web today, as it connects you with over 33 million products through one URL.  As a Preferred Customer, the portal remembers you and will credit you two points for every dollar spent toward MA branded products!  See the MA Rewards tab at the top of the home page for details. You can get paid back for every dollar you spend for products you would be buying anyway, without the trouble of driving somewhere to shop...what a concept!

The site will also comparison shop for you through the 2500 partner stores, which saves a lot of time and can find you the very best deal on the products you want, with the exact features you are looking for. Market America is the ultimate online shopping experience, powered by Google, our partner in this worldwide expansion!

The MA TV tab will guide you to some short, informative and entertaining videos on many of the MA branded products that make life easier and healthier. Please look at the video on OPC-3, the number one product in MA. Tens of thousands of people buy $4.5 million every week of the this product because of the tremendous health benefits they are experiencing. There are also videos on the income opportunity with Market America; please see the 5 minute Market America Overview and  OPC-3 video on page 7 of MA TV.

There are many tangible benefits for you here. You can save and earn money simply by using our portal for purchases you will be making anyway. This is the wave of the future!  We appreciate your willingness to check this out and are grateful for your friendship and support.

We are looking for a few special people to partner with in this venture.  The UnFranchise Business Development System is a proven way for average people to change their financial futures, part time, without the expense and risk of traditional business.  Are you the type of person that keeps their options open when it comes to making money?  If you are interested in knowing more, we are happy to provide answers to your questions.

As always,  I have included Sherry's address and my address below.  Thank you and God bless you.

In Christ,

Colin

Sherry Peel Jackson

FCC Coleman Camp F2

P.O. Box 1027

Coleman, FL 33521-1027

Colin Jackson

1560 Fieldgreen Overlook

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other."  Harriet Tubman

lastlady

Sherry Peel Jackson is a wonderful woman, a beautiful soul and inspiration. I've watched many videos of her speaking and of course was first introduced to her through Aaron Russo's film. She has a quality that is more than just someone speaking truth to power, she has a spirit that is just pure love.

Thank you for the continued updates, it's good to know she is doing well and making the best of being imprisoned. I will be writing to her soon and letting her know how much she means to me, and I have no doubt so many others.

Thank you Sherry for everything!

coffeeseven

1/23/09

Hello friends,

I know it's been a while since I've sent one of these out and I apologize for that.  I do pray that you are doing well and that things find you in terrific health and spirits. 

We have been doing well.  I just came from seeing Sherry this past weekend and it was absolutely marvelous.  She is allowed visitations on the weekends and holidays, from 8am until 3pm, so I got to spend time with her on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (for M.L.K., Jr.'s Birthday).  I've been going to see her about once every other month.  I went without the kids for the first time.  It was great because I saved money on food, I heard less complaining, I didn't feel like they were bored, I got to gaze at my wife as long as I wanted and talk about a lot of things we had not talked about.  It was sweet.

Sherry is doing quite well.  She is really keeping her head up.  She's very strong and is encouraging me through the way she's handling all of this.  She's been praying a whole lot.  Also, she's teaching financial classes and is working in the chaplain's office.  God has really given her grace and influence there.  The things that go on there are quite interesting.  She tells me about many of the people there and what they do and say.  She also tells me about how she deals with some of those issues.  The more she tells me the more blessed I feel to have a wife as smart as she.  I already appreciated her but, this whole ordeal has allowed me to see more of her strength and character, which has caused me to appreciate her that much more.

The kids are doing well.  My youngest son just completed his first semester of his freshman year at Morehouse College.  He did well enough to keep his academic scholarship (he must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA and 15 credit hrs. per semester).  He's really growing into quite a young man.  My daughter is in her junior year in high school and is getting smarter every year.  They are both making the transfer of responsibility from "doing it because mom and dad says to do it" to "doing it because it will help me in the future".  That's an awesome thing to behold.  I am so proud of them.

I'm still working on the business venture that I teamed with a few months ago.  It's going pretty well.  For those of you who wanted to help us financially, I strongly and shamelessly encourage you to be open enough to help yourselves and us by visiting my website and asking me questions if you're interested.  The more I learn about this business the more I'm convinced I made the right choice.  The website is www.marketamerica.com/stronglife.  My number is 404-552-2168.  Okay.  That was my plug.  The business is coming along slowly but, surely.  I am beginning to see some light down that tunnel.  But, for now, we're still making ends meet.  If it weren't for the support of friends like you, my home would have probably been foreclosed on by now.  I really appreciate you for that.

I wish you well and I will try to do better with the frequency of the updates.  God bless you and thank you so much for caring about us.

In Christ, Colin

coffeeseven

April 16, 2009

Hello Friends and Family,

I just wanted to give you an update on us.  I know it's been a while.  I went to see Sherry last weekend without the kids and it was wonderful.

She is trying to keep her head up but, it gets pretty difficult at times.  She calls her current environment "Romper Room Hell".  She has not been used to such behavior by adults and it sometimes annoys her tremendously.  However, she tries her best to find a place where she can be alone to pray and listen to, or watch preaching and gospel teachings.  She has found a couple of radio stations that she loves.  Some of them have excellent Bible teachers and scholars.  A few stations have some of her favorite jazz music.  She also appreciates the books and magazines that some of you have sent for her to read.  I feel like they keep her in the loop, as well as vicariously provide a way of escape from her physical environment.

She's still working in the Chaplain's office and is teaching finance classes.  The Chaplain is leaning on her more and more.  She's become her favorite.  It keeps her busy and it gives her access to tapes and DVD's that she likes.

Our son, "Little Colin", is in his second semester of his freshman year at Morehouse.  He really likes it and is doing pretty well.  He's learning to be more responsible and is turning into a man.  It does my heart good to see him mature.  His majors are International Studies and Journal.  I don't know if he wants to do a double major or minor in one of them.

Our daughter, Rayna, is a junior in high school and is playing AAU basketball.  She plays point guard and is a very good ball handler as well as a good shooter.  She's making good grades and I'm proud of her.

I'm doing well.  I'm still a firefighter for the City of Atlanta and I'm still working my online business.  It provides tremendous savings for those who shop online.  It's a way for people to shop at the same stores where they normally shop, and get things cheaper.  You can visit my website at www.astronglife.com .  I would certainly appreciate your support.

I'm also looking to modify my mortgage.  I'm trying to get a smaller principle and a lower interest rate.  There's an organization called NACA that I'm going through.  If you need any kind of assistance, you may want to take a look at them.  They require no money up front for anything.  They are at www.naca.com .

Well, I have to run and take my daughter to school.  Feel free to call or write.  I appreciate you all for caring about us and praying for us.  We need your prayers.  God bless you and I pray that things are going well with you.

In Christ, Colin

404-552-2168

Colin L. Jackson

c/o 1560 Fieldgreen Overlook

Sherry Peel Jackson

FCC Coleman Camp F2

P.O. Box 1027

Coleman, Florida 33521-1027