• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visa Granted!

Started by Rochelle, October 31, 2007, 04:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochelle

I couldn't think of a better place to post this than insufferable peppiness and gloating....sooooooooooooooo

WE HAVE OUR VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The interview at the embassy was basically non-existant. He underwent their intense security measures, then waited an hour, then went into a room with a embassy-person and she asked when we were married, and how we met. Then was told he could pick up his visa at the gate in 4 hours and given the Mysterious Brown Envelope Which He Is Not to Open and Must Present to Officer at Point of Entry.

WHOOT!

:blob6: :blob6: :bdance2: :brave: :neenerneener: :wav: :party-smiley-020: :flower: :toothy12: :broc1:
....All these smilies would be accurate depictions of how we both feel right now, along with  :_WeightOfTheWorld__by_Ugghhzi

It's finally over with and Lasse can finally move over...as soon as he gets off his ass and sets a date!

KBCraig

I was going to add more smilies, but I think you got them all. Congratulations!

;D 8)

Lloyd Danforth

Congratulations to you both!!!!

EJinCT

Glad to hear it went smoothly. Congrat's guys!

Cheers!  :occasion14:

Friday

Congratulations!   :occasion16:

I sure hope he got the kind of permanent residency card that doesn't have a 2-year expiration date on it, or you have more fun and games in store for you from the Ministry of Keeping Out the Brown People.  Further comments would be inappropriate in the IPAG subsection.  :-\

Rochelle

Thanks guys! :)

QuoteI sure hope he got the kind of permanent residency card that doesn't have a 2-year expiration date on it, or you have more fun and games in store for you from the Ministry of Keeping Out the Brown People.  Further comments would be inappropriate in the IPAG subsection.
Yes, it is. We haven't been married two years yet, so once it's 90 days before two years after he's entered, we have to file to removed the conditions on his visa and then he'll get his 10 year permanent residency card. It'll cost another $500, and then 1 year after THAT we'll be able to file to get him citizenship, which'll cost another arm and a leg, but at least we'll be done dealing with those *ahem* wonderful individuals.

Then we'll probably start the same process for me, in Finland.

dawn

mvpel

QuoteThen was told he could pick up his visa at the gate in 4 hours and given the Mysterious Brown Envelope Which He Is Not to Open and Must Present to Officer at Point of Entry.

Ah yes, the mysterious brown envelope.  We got one of those too when Jordan got his IR-3 visa in New York.

Avoid the JFK airport if even remotely possible, by the way.

Rochelle

Ah yes, the mysterious brown envelope.  We got one of those too when Jordan got his IR-3 visa in New York.
IR-3, huh? Is that the child equivalent of the IR-1? We got CR-1...though when we had a fight recently over when he's going to immigrate, I told him that he might as well wait 7 months and then get us the IR-1 visa if he wasn't going to hurry up and get here :-\

Apparently the brown info just has the case stuff in it...but still, makes me curious! He wasn't permitted to open the envelope that had his medical info in it, either. It's so sad. You have to carry all this stuff around with you, but you're never allowed to see any of it!

QuoteAvoid the JFK airport if even remotely possible, by the way.
No problem there. He's going to fly Iceland Air from Helsinki to Boston. It's the best route, ever :) We haven't had too many issues with him flying into Boston--though he's noticed that whenever there are people in front of him that don't speak English, they just wave them through. But if they do speak English (as he does!) out come the questions!

mvpel

The IR-3 is a visa for an orphan adopted abroad by American parents.

With the brown envelope, they're basically just using you as a courier between consular officials.  Having the envelope sealed means that nobody pulled any monkey-business with the contents, such as medical paperwork pertaining to admissibility, for example.

We're probably going to go Lufthansa on our next trips.

error

Quote from: Rochelle on October 31, 2007, 01:23 PM NHFT
But if they do speak English (as he does!) out come the questions!

Maybe he should stop speaking English in airports. :)

CNHT

Ahhh! The first thing that came to MY mind would likely be censored, so I'll just say congratulations!   ;D

Rochelle

QuoteMaybe he should stop speaking English in airports.
Hah, that's what I suggested. "Pretend you don't speak English." "But I can't do that--it's not honest!"
He's Finnish. They have a genetic anomaly that makes them incapable of not being honest :)

QuoteThe first thing that came to MY mind would likely be censored, so I'll just say congratulations!
Is that a good or a bad thing? ;)

Raineyrocks

I don't really understand anything about the visa's and your marriage Rochelle but it sounds like you are happy so I'm very happy for you! ;D

CNHT

Quote from: Rochelle on October 31, 2007, 06:57 PM NHFT
QuoteThe first thing that came to MY mind would likely be censored, so I'll just say congratulations!
Is that a good or a bad thing? ;)

LOL, I thought it would be funny to some, but maybe not.

Let's just say it's good for you, bad for me...and I'll tell you in private when I see you! <chuckle>